MT MT - Cynthia Paulis, 71, Dorothy Harris, 62, & Brenda Patch 44, Florence, 6 Nov 2001

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The man investigators suspect of committing the most notorious murders in western Montana - the killing of three women in a Florence hair salon in late 2001 –- has been jailed for more than a year and a half.

On the U.S. Bureau of Prisons Web site, he is listed as prisoner number 08347-046. His name is Brian Walter Weber and he is 29 years old.

The Arizona native, who grew up in the town where the 2001 murders occurred, is currently serving a federal prison sentence of just over 24 years for distribution of methamphetamine and conspiracy to distribute the drug. Weber lived in Missoula at the time of his most recent arrest; he also is on probation on a state charge of burglary, a crime that occurred in November 2003.

Authorities directly involved in the case won't comment, but the Missoulian has confirmed through sources with knowledge of the investigation that federal prosecutors are working toward an indictment against Weber for the Florence murders.

In a lengthy telephone call from jail, Weber himself confirmed that investigators have targeted him in the case.
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2005/11/27/news/top/news01.txt

In the Missoulian Newspaper today there is a headline that states there is a break in this case. Two men are to appear in court today and answer questions about this case. Also, the authorities have been digging in a yard again in Nampa, Idaho. And there was recently a huge drug bust in Nampa at the house where the digging occured. Can anyone tell me how I can find archived newspaper articles of this case? Preferably free. Thanks for your help!

Three ladies were brutally murdered in the beauty salon owned by one of the victims,Dorthy Harris,62. One victim was 44 year old Brenda Patch,the other 71 year old Cynthia Paulis. This crime occurred in broad daylight. The victims were discovered by a customer who reported seeing a man in a suit and top hat outside the building when she arrived and just before entering and finding the first victim in the front room. The police found the other victims in the back. They found no signs of robbery or motive. The case went cold until some years later when a jailhouse informat said a man named Brian Weber had commuted the crime. It was thought to be to improve his standing with a major meth ring leader,Lincoln Benavides whom was said to be the mastermind. Subsequently charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. Both men how ever were in prisoner on UN related drug charges. Has anyone else heard of this case or have info to add that would be great. This case is still unsolved.

Surprised there is not a thread on this one. Has always interested me. There is a very similar case that happened in Belleville, IL in about 2005. Will have to dig for this when I get a minute which will be after Wed. Steve Huff wrote about this in his old crime blog, will have to hunt it down.

Thank you for adding this info I have yet to figure out how to add links to my posts or even if I can with my phone. I would be interested if anyone can tell me how. There is a sketch of the top hat man and also a picture of a pair of black matrix style sun glasses left at the scene known to not belong to the victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back