1412 users online (193 members and 1219 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Manorville John Doe, NamUS 2725

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/2725

Status Unidentified
    Case number 2000-3995
    Date found November 23, 2000 03:35
    Date created October 17, 2008 15:38
    Date last modified August 15, 2016 13:27
    Investigating agency
    date QA reviewed October 18, 2008 09:09
    Local Contact (ME/C or Other)
    Agency Suffolk Cnty Med Examiners Ofc
    Phone 631-853-5555
    Case Manager
    Name Robert Golden
    Phone 631.853.5555

Demographics
    Estimated age Cannot Determine
    Minimum age 30 years
    Maximum age 45 years
    Race Unsure
    Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
    Sex Male
    Weight (pounds) 112, Estimated
    Height (inches) 66, Estimated
    Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
    All parts recovered

Body conditions
    Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
    Probable year of death 0 to 2000
    Estimated postmortem interval

Circumstances
    Location Found
    GPS coordinates
    Address 1 e/b long isl. exp
    Address 2 e/o Wm Floyd Pky
    City North Shirley
    State New York
    Zip code 11967
    County Suffolk
    Circumstances
    multiple traumatic injuries including crushed larynx

Medical
    Medical implants
    Foreign objects
    mandibular intraosseous wire indicating healed fracture
    Skeletal findings
    neck injury

Clothing and Accessories
    Clothing on body
    Sparsely clothed

Clothing with body
    white & blue srtipe boxer shorts
    size medium, GAP brand

DNA sample submitted; tests completed.

(See link for more info)

https://identifyus.org/cases/2725
    Last edited by bessie; 01-20-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

How about Pablo Plutarco Hernandez? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3873/0/
    Geographically this is a long shot (missing from Phoenix, AZ) September 1, 2000.

What makes him possibly a match IMO is Pablo sustained a head injury prior to disappearing. Manorville John Doe has "mandibular intraosseous wire indicating healed fracture" and "neck injury"

Physical comparison:

Manorville John Doe: Hispanic male, 30-45 yrs, 5'6" tall, 112 lbs.
    Pablo: Hispanic male, 36 yrs, 5"5-5"6" tall, 110-120 lbs.
    Last edited by WesternArtist; 01-20-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    "Intelligence, as well, is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas. (One of the facts to be reckoned with is that taste tends to develop very unevenly. It's rare that the same person has good visual taste and good taste in people and taste in ideas.)" -Susan Sontag

Man I wish they would do a sketch

Quote Originally Posted by WesternArtist View Post
    How about Pablo Plutarco Hernandez? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3873/0/
    Geographically this is a long shot (missing from Phoenix, AZ) September 1, 2000.

What makes him possibly a match IMO is Pablo sustained a head injury prior to disappearing. Manorville John Doe has "mandibular intraosseous wire indicating healed fracture" and "neck injury"

Physical comparison:

Manorville John Doe: Hispanic male, 30-45 yrs, 5'6" tall, 112 lbs.
    Pablo: Hispanic male, 36 yrs, 5"5-5"6" tall, 110-120 lbs.
    Some of those stats are spot on. I say submit him. Leave no stone unturned. They were both emaciated. Wow 110-112 for full grown men.

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair-reader View Post
    Some of those stats are spot on. I say submit him. Leave no stone unturned. They were both emaciated. Wow 110-112 for full grown men.
    Thanks for looking over this suggestion. I'll go ahead and submit him. There are very few Hispanic adult males (or adult males of any race really) that lightweight in the databases. So far Pablo is the only one I found fitting the timeline with a prior head injury. I wish NamUs had an estimated post mortem interval listed -that would really help with factoring in the timeline for submissions.
    "Intelligence, as well, is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas. (One of the facts to be reckoned with is that taste tends to develop very unevenly. It's rare that the same person has good visual taste and good taste in people and taste in ideas.)" -Susan Sontag

It wasn't skeletonized yet, so that should help a little! But I agree there's so many cases I wish had more detail

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Man I wish they would do a sketch
    They probably have a sketch on file. SCPD didn't care to share. I wonder if the FBI would?

PS...Scotiansleuth, can you add where Manorville John Doe's remains were found on your outstanding map? Thanks very much! Here's a bessie cupcake, in advance.

Sorry quick add to the above post.

What man would wear size Medium boxer shorts if he is only 112 lbs? Either the boxer shorts are not his, or he became emaciated for one reason or another. Perhaps, drug addiction or emaciated due to captivity? At 5' 6" tall, he most likely was at least 125 to 150 lbs.
    Last edited by coffeeandacig; 01-21-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeandacig View Post

What man would wear size Medium boxer shorts if he is only 112 lbs? Either the boxer shorts are not his, or he became emaciated for one reason or another. Perhaps, drug addiction or emaciated due to captivity? At 5' 6" tall, he most likely was at least 125 to 150 lbs.
    Thinking about captivity, or the missing person losing weight after disappearing, the story of Edivano Carlos Ribeiro stood out to me Edivano Ribeiro was last seen February 10, 1996 in Danbury, CT. Two years after he disappeared, his car was found abandoned in a New York City garage.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...o_edivano.html

(Nothing about a head injury but the locations are much closer in this case than my first suggestion)
    Last edited by WesternArtist; 01-22-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternArtist View Post

Thinking about captivity, or the missing person losing weight after disappearing, the story of Edivano Carlos Ribeiro stood out to me Edivano Ribeiro was last seen February 10, 1996 in Danbury, CT. Two years after he disappeared, his car was found abandoned in a New York City garage.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...o_edivano.html

(Nothing about a head injury but the locations are much closer in this case than my first suggestion)
    Yup, I noticed him too, good match! I can't find anything on where the garage was located in NYC, however, I'll keep looking. My opinion is, that he was suppose to go home to Brazil, but I think he ran away to NYC instead. No job, no place to stay in NYC, with only a car. Hmm... He also was a busboy before he left Danbury, CT. Easy to see him getting a job paying under the table at a restaurant in NYC.
    Last edited by coffeeandacig; 01-22-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Thank you for making this thread. There is a high probability this man came from Brooklyn or Long Island

Quote Originally Posted by PictureSnatcher View Post
    Thank you for making this thread. There is a high probability this man came from Brooklyn or Long Island
    There is also a probability that he sought out a Portuguese speaking community since he was from Brazil when he initially disappeared. If that's so, then it could possibly put him in Bristol County, MA with the highest number of Portuguese people in the Northeast.
    Last edited by coffeeandacig; 01-22-2017 at 01:12 AM.

There is also a probability that he sought out a Portuguese speaking community since he was from Brazil when he initially disappeared. If that's so, then it could possibly put him in Bristol County, MA with the highest number of Portuguese people in the Northeast.
    I meant the John Doe was likely from Brooklyn or Long Island. Also I believe we are looking for someone who had his jaw wired after a fracture.

Quote Originally Posted by PictureSnatcher View Post
    I meant the John Doe was likely from Brooklyn or Long Island. Also I believe we are looking for someone who had his jaw wired after a fracture.
    Woops, I got confused. His fractured jaw would explain the weight loss, and guessing he would've had surgery to repair his jaw sometime in the summer of 2000.

Woops, I got confused. His fractured jaw would explain the weight loss, and guessing he would've had surgery to repair his jaw sometime in the summer of 2000.
    It's possible that John Doe wasn't reported missing but had a criminal record. Instead of dismembering him, the killer just removed fingertips to prevent identification

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast