WI WI - Wauwatosa, MxdFem 30-60, UP16256, @ constr site, "many yrs-potentially decades old", Jan'17

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
According to a report from FOX 6, a foundation hole was already dug for a new home on the 1700 block of Underwood ave. on Friday, and construction workers were set to begin pouring the foundation when the discovery was made.

http://patch.com/wisconsin/wauwatosa/surreal-possible-human-remains-unearthed-home-construction-site

A new house is going up after the old place had sat vacant for years before being demolished. Neighbors say the last guy there had a hoarding problem.
wauwatosa-investigation4.jpeg

"It was condemned by the health department and then completely gutted because it was full of a lot of garbage and some neighbors had seen some rats," Johnson said.

FOX6 has obtained multiple photos from the scene, including some that appear to be part of a skull. Wauwatosa police say they do believe the remains include part of a human skull.
WARNING: Photos of remains at link:
http://fox6now.com/2017/01/20/wauwa...-found-on-lot-near-lincoln-elementary-school/

Wonder when the house that got demolished was built....hhhhmmmm.

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,vzBJ8OKXAQo5ZjHt_uya0bbDnvZgPKVVYnJhAcljQGVizzwc3jCiy0CjrDRXBMIZUx-9MvtPFo1h-Spr64dzBj4DBZHoEWfz0J6oooP-MseVA01GKWQ8C12iP6I3O178gA9muQqeP_l3z6vg35iADVPNtUezR4QHCWQpjHgTXSD2bGtEM1t6gZJz8PhyRtUcMKj7VFXJHuHPbU0w1-IvWAGabyUg1yE,bSU7qLvcP0WFJ1rZ9OY5tCWjPcGEmgZXcF2ZtJDJfCJlN6vKAEq9ao-KX-F1PSxNsDmPSdHLPna77wqw1HZaxSbwcUD7ylC5qDhJOfldQxgKBK6uHbWYV5RDwtZx5fa1tPqXBZfdKnTDnt-EwaKDromN65Mdb_LWeIyNahxM3jrzRaRooG1leY0-HCgOmPgZesOmKOiEesshSJUnZZGDCf_TdS6lvX3puW58W37jMIkwc1oP5oDktPVFwlrjCBVVkFb1Xbw7kDkYIGUix-OI2IKYdBW93pGEhytD7aSvwi1iUbgKOj1hO2zt3_M0Bka0sokaiUCHyfn1qJ2p-24q3iXO5Ym5pG2DdD2UdgTR-URyFe5IvD3HjW7uLay9Tp2FBYQ6j8tIF_14M58PXomvLPVamQ_rTT6GxDkxn2R68qvd9IG2Z-4KKsEADBbm3JBR1nhKjVXHJ9qy-91d8kQ7H--VMPp7abK8bdKhYdWZzwO0DRi79g

I Googled Nahida's last known address according to her WS thread (thanks Gardener!) which is the 4086 Menomonee Drive, and Lincoln Elementary School. The school is not the exact address of where the remains were found, but close. This says 1.5 miles to 2.1 miles away, depending on route I suppose. I am a lousy map person, but that's pretty close.

ETA: apparently I'm not good at posting maps, either. Gah!

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,vzBJ8OKXAQo5ZjHt_uya0bbDnvZgPKVVYnJhAcljQGVizzwc3jCiy0CjrDRXBMIZUx-9MvtPFo1h-Spr64dzBj4DBZHoEWfz0J6oooP-MseVA01GKWQ8C12iP6I3O178gA9muQqeP_l3z6vg35iADVPNtUezR4QHCWQpjHgTXSD2bGtEM1t6gZJz8PhyRtUcMKj7VFXJHuHPbU0w1-IvWAGabyUg1yE,bSU7qLvcP0WFJ1rZ9OY5tCWjPcGEmgZXcF2ZtJDJfCJlN6vKAEq9ao-KX-F1PSxNsDmPSdHLPna77wqw1HZaxSbwcUD7ylC5qDhJOfldQxgKBK6uHbWYV5RDwtZx5fa1tPqXBZfdKnTDnt-EwaKDromN65Mdb_LWeIyNahxM3jrzRaRooG1leY0-HCgOmPgZesOmKOiEesshSJUnZZGDCf_TdS6lvX3puW58W37jMIkwc1oP5oDktPVFwlrjCBVVkFb1Xbw7kDkYIGUix-OI2IKYdBW93pGEhytD7aSvwi1iUbgKOj1hO2zt3_M0Bka0sokaiUCHyfn1qJ2p-24q3iXO5Ym5pG2DdD2UdgTR-URyFe5IvD3HjW7uLay9Tp2FBYQ6j8tIF_14M58PXomvLPVamQ_rTT6GxDkxn2R68qvd9IG2Z-4KKsEADBbm3JBR1nhKjVXHJ9qy-91d8kQ7H--VMPp7abK8bdKhYdWZzwO0DRi79g

I Googled Nahida's last known address according to her WS thread (thanks Gardener!) which is the 4086 Menomonee Drive, and Lincoln Elementary School. The school is not the exact address of where the remains were found, but close. This says 1.5 miles to 2.1 miles away, depending on route I suppose. I am a lousy map person, but that's pretty close.

ETA: apparently I'm not good at posting maps, either. Gah!

Thanks, LaborofLobe! Reading her Charley Project page makes me think it's a good chance it could be her--depending on how old these remains turn out to be.

Thanks, LaborofLobe! Reading her Charley Project page makes me think it's a good chance it could be her--depending on how old these remains turn out to be.

I think so, too. I didn't find too much info on Leo Trabert, quite a bit on Nahida. Remains have been tested for her DNA before. I hope it's her, for her families sake. Terrible story, though.

Test finds no match between piece of skull and long-missing Tosa woman
By Annysa Johnson of the Journal Sentinel
Posted: Jan. 23, 2009

A partial skull found in the Menomonee River in April is not that of Nahida Khatib, a 30-year-old Lebanese-born woman who disappeared in 1976 in the midst of an ugly divorce, DNA analysis has shown, Wauwatosa police said this morning.

Wauwatosa Detective Lisa Hudson said she was notified yesterday by a Texas lab that it found no genetic match between the skull and Khatib, who disappeared from her home on the Menomonee River Parkway on Oct. 1, 1976.

"I am disappointed," Hudson said. "It was a long shot, but it would have been nice" to know that she had been found.

The Khatib case has haunted retired Wauwatosa detective King De Seve since he first worked it 32 years ago.

"I carry it with me; I think about it every day," said De Seve, who has maintained a friendship with Khatib's son, who was 10 when his mother disappeared and now lives in California.

De Seve has always suspected that Khatib was murdered and that her husband, Sam Khatib, who died in 2001 at the age of 71, was involved. The day Nahida Khatib disappeared, she left her purse, a half-empty cup of coffee and meat thawing on a counter in the kitchen. Her 2-year-old niece, whom she'd been baby-sitting, was unattended in a playpen.

De Seve and Hudson hoped for a break in the case when the partial skull was found last April by a fisherman on the Menomonee River in Milwaukee. Hudson had the skull analyzed at the University of North Texas' Health Science Center for Human Identification in Fort Worth, one of the few labs in the country that conducts both nuclear and mitochondrial DNA analyses - the latter of which is less subject to degradation.

I think so, too. I didn't find too much info on Leo Trabert, quite a bit on Nahida. Remains have been tested for her DNA before. I hope it's her, for her families sake. Terrible story, though.

Test finds no match between piece of skull and long-missing Tosa woman
By Annysa Johnson of the Journal Sentinel
Posted: Jan. 23, 2009

A partial skull found in the Menomonee River in April is not that of Nahida Khatib, a 30-year-old Lebanese-born woman who disappeared in 1976 in the midst of an ugly divorce, DNA analysis has shown, Wauwatosa police said this morning.

Wauwatosa Detective Lisa Hudson said she was notified yesterday by a Texas lab that it found no genetic match between the skull and Khatib, who disappeared from her home on the Menomonee River Parkway on Oct. 1, 1976.

"I am disappointed," Hudson said. "It was a long shot, but it would have been nice" to know that she had been found.

The Khatib case has haunted retired Wauwatosa detective King De Seve since he first worked it 32 years ago.

"I carry it with me; I think about it every day," said De Seve, who has maintained a friendship with Khatib's son, who was 10 when his mother disappeared and now lives in California.

De Seve has always suspected that Khatib was murdered and that her husband, Sam Khatib, who died in 2001 at the age of 71, was involved. The day Nahida Khatib disappeared, she left her purse, a half-empty cup of coffee and meat thawing on a counter in the kitchen. Her 2-year-old niece, whom she'd been baby-sitting, was unattended in a playpen.

De Seve and Hudson hoped for a break in the case when the partial skull was found last April by a fisherman on the Menomonee River in Milwaukee. Hudson had the skull analyzed at the University of North Texas' Health Science Center for Human Identification in Fort Worth, one of the few labs in the country that conducts both nuclear and mitochondrial DNA analyses - the latter of which is less subject to degradation.

I hope so too. How awful for her son to grow up being told his mother abandoned him. I hope he can find out the truth someday.

I hope so too. How awful for her son to grow up being told his mother abandoned him. I hope he can find out the truth someday.

I know. So very sad, and looks to be pretty obvious that her husband killed her. They were just never able to prove it. I found a bunch of archived newspaper articles on Porchlight USA which I'm thinking I can't link. I'd love to post a snippet from one, but I'm not sure that's ok either.

I know. So very sad, and looks to be pretty obvious that her husband killed her. They were just never able to prove it. I found a bunch of archived newspaper articles on Porchlight USA which I'm thinking I can't link. I'd love to post a snippet from one, but I'm not sure that's ok either.

Better ask a MOD just to be sure. Sometimes the only source of old newspapers is Porchlight. It would be great to post some old news sources to her thread and get some more attention for her case too. Even if this UID is not Nahida, she may be somewhere else or someone who knows something may finally come forward. Her husband died in 2001. If anyone felt afraid to tell what they knew they may no longer have a reason to be afraid.

I thought the skull was found under the house........maybe there was a crawl space.

I thought the skull was found under the house........maybe there was a crawl space.

http://www.wauwatosanow.com/story/n...nd-wauwatosa-home-construction-site/96857806/

"The workers were preparing plans to install forms for footers when they made the discovery," Tom said. "The bones most likely came from outside the foundation of the house."

Homan said his crew found the remains in the southwest corner of the excavated site. He said the remains were found about three to five feet under the surface and would have been in the backyard of the previous house.

Would be interesting to know more about the guy who lived there previously, the hoarder. Did he live alone? How long was he there? But we can't sleuth him, right?

Would be interesting to know more about the guy who lived there previously, the hoarder. Did he live alone? How long was he there? But we can't sleuth him, right?

I don't think we can sleuth the previous home owners unless they are named as POI's. I'm most curious who was living there in the 1970's and if they were related to Nahida's husband, but I suppose we will have to wait for more info on the UID.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back