The Barrels

missy1974

Reaction score
I have tried numerous times to make sense of the barrel's. I'm not sure I'm any closer to making sense of them, but thought maybe we could all put our heads together and try! LOL

First, for now, I have only used the CASO report as reference, I'm not sure if MTSO also reported anything on the barrel's, so for now, this is where I am at.

I totally got sidetracked today while going through these ... and I will explain that in another post!

Here is the first mention of the barrel's:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=101

11/06/05
Kucharski (who was babysitting Colborn, Remiker, and Lenk that day)

At 0947 hours, I collected four burning barrels that were outside of the garage to the southeast of it approximately 50 yards. These barrels were loaded onto a covered trailer and possession was turned over to MARIE OOSTERHOUSE, Badge #604, for transport to the CALUMET CO' SHERIFF,S DEpT. The barrels were loaded and custody was transferred at 10:11 hours.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=116

11/06/05
Hawkins

On 11/06/05 at approximately 11:11 a.m., I (Deputy JEREMY HAWKINS of the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT) arrived as the evidence custodian to prepare to log items found at the AVERY property and the HALBACH residence into evidence. Once I arrived at the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT, I was informed by dispatch that a trailer with four barrels would be arriving from Manitowoc County.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=117

11/06/05
Oosterhouse
On Sunday,11/06/05, at approximately 1130 hours, I (Deputy Telecommunicator MARIE OOSTERHOUSE of the CALUMET CO. SHERIFF',S DEPT.) along with Deputy GARY TACKES from MANITOWOC CO. SHERIFF'S DEPT. did start en route to the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPT. with an enclosed trailer fulI of evidence. Officer TACKES and I had stood by with the enclosed trailer after custody had been transferred to us by Deputy DANIEL KUCHARSKI Of thE CALUMET CO. SHERIFF,S DEPT.

The trailer contained four barrels of burnt unknown substance and a door from a vehicle

At approximately 1245 hours, I did sign the secured trailer and its contents over to Deputy HAWKINS. It should be noted that at approximately 1138 hours while we were en route with the trailer, we did stop on the southbound off ramp of I-43 off of STH 1 47 to check on the trailer because it was pulling very rough. At approximately 1139 hours, we were again en route to the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPT.

NOTE: I apologize for spelling mistakes, I tried to fix as many as I could, but copy/paste seems to mess up some of the characters (which also makes it a challenge to search the CASO report)

will continue in next post...

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=135
11/07/05
Baldwin

At approximately 1315 hours, I was requested to standby the garbage burn barrel at STEVEN AVERY's house until evidence technicians arrived on scene. I did standby with this until approximately 1539 hours, when the barrel was recovered by CALUMET CO. SHERIFF'S DEPT. Deputy KEN MATUSZAK.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=142

11/07/05
Hawkins

on 11/07/05, I (Deputy JEREMY HAWKINS of the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT) met with forensic scientist JOHN ERTL, CHARLES CATES and GUANG ZHANG from the WI STATE CRIME LAB located in Madison so they could go through the four barrels that were located in the trailer. During the time that JOHN ERTL, CHARLES CATES and GUANG ZHANG were going through the barrels, I remained at their location to get items when needed. The four barrels and also a rear door of a Suzuki Samurai were released to JOHN ERTL while they were processing the barrels. JOHN ERTL, CHARLES CATES and GUANG ZHANG got through barrel marked #4 and were in the process of going through barrel #2 when they were called back to the scene. Barrel marked #4 was placed back on the trailer.

After JOHN ERTL, CHARLES CATES and GUANG ZHANG left the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT, I continued logging in items that were received from the AVERY residence.

Deputy KENNETH R. MATUSZAK picked up the trailer and brought the trailer back to the scene.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=143

11/07/05
Matuszak

On Monday, 11/07/05, at approximately 1545 hours, I (Deputy KENNETH R. MATUSZAK of the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT) took into evidence a 50-gallon burning barrel. It was located on the northeast comer of STEVEN AVERY's property. The burning barrel was filled approximately one-quarter way with burned debris. The burning barrel was placed in an enclosed trailer. I then transported the burning barrel to the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=152

11/08/05
Hawkins

On 11/08/05, JOHN ERTL, CHARLES CATES and GUANG ZHANG from the WI STATE CRIME LAB arrived at the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT. The three barrels that were remaining at the sheriff s department, a barrel Deputy MATUSZAK had brought back from the AVERY property and the Suzuki Samurai door were signed over to JOHN ERTL. While JOHN ERTL, CHARLES CATES and GUANG ZHANG were going through the barrels, I again continued logging in evidence once it arrived from the crime scene at the AVERY property.

I contacted District Attorney (DA) KENNETH KRATZ and asked DA KRATZ about keeping the barrels. I was advised by DA KRATZ that the barrels from the AVERY properly would remain in evidence. DA KRATZ also wanted the barrel marked #4 that was returned to the AVERY property to be brought back. After talking with DA KRATZ, arrangements were made for long-term storage in the back garage of the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT.

Once JOHN ERTL, CHARLES CATES and GUANG ZHANG were finished with the four barrels, the barrels and the Suzuki door were signed over to my custody. The barrels were put into the long-term secure area of the back garage. The Suzuki door was brought down and placed behind the locked cage.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=173

11/08/05
Reimer

At approximately 1630 hours, Sgt. BILL TYSON, Deputy NICHOLAS J. SABLICH and I recovered two burn barrels from the AVERY property. One of those was marked burn barrel #4.

To be continued...

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=174
11/08/05
Reimer

At 1714 hours, I did collect from the WI STATE CRIME LAB, who had brought the items up to the CALUMET COUNTY COMMAND POST, Property Tag #8314, which was the contents of barrel#2.

At 1726 hours, I collected the contents of the cell phone barrel, Property Tag #8316.
At 1728 hours, I collected the contents of barrel #3, Property Tag#8317
At 1734 hours, I collected Property Tag #8319, the contents of barrel #4.

All items listed were transported to the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT where they were turned over to the evidence locker.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=180
11/09/05
Hawkins

The following items were made ready to transport down to the WI STATE CRIME LAB:
o Property Tag No. 8315, the contents of barrel #1
o Property Tag No. 8314, thecontents ofbarrel #2
o PropertyTagNo. 8317,the contents of barrel #3
o Property Tag No. 8319, the contents of barrel #4
o Property Tag No. 8316, the contents from the cell phone barrel

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=226
11/11/05
Hawkins

On 11/11/05, DCI Agents MIKE RINDT and ROD PEVYTOE came to the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT to go through five barrels. They went through barrel marked #4 and retrieved a red, cutoff shirt, which was handed to me to be placed into evidence.

In a burn barrel without any markings, MIKE RINDT and ROD PEVYTOE retrieved an unknown bumt cloth, which I placed into evidence. MIKE RINDT and ROD PEVYTOE also recovered a bone, which was not suspected to be of human origin. I placed the bone into evidence. After DCI Agent RINDT and PEVYTOE were finished with the barrel with no markings and barrel marked #4, they went back to the crime scene.

ok.... so at this point, how many times have they gone through the barrel's? They have property tag #'s for the content of the barrel's, right? so why do they need to continue to go through the barrel's?

So, according to the Calumet County Sheriff’s Office Crime Scene Sign-in / Sign-Out Logs:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/CASO-Crime-Scene-Logs.pdf

Marie left at 11:11am because then next entry after she signs out is G. Schetter MTSO signing out at 11:15am.

So, here is my question, why did it take them 1/2 hour to go the off ramp only 7 minutes away? They stopped on the southbound "OFF" ramp for I-43, note not the "ON" ramp at 11:38 am.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-route.jpg
    Capture-route.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 106
The property numbers of the barrel's got really confusing, so when I went looking for the what the property numbers were.... I came across this...

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=402

12/19/05 Hawkins:

on 12/19/05, I (Deputy JEREMY HAWKINS of the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT) was requested by Inv. WIEGERT to locate the following items for transport to the WI STATE CRIME LAB in Madison by Deputy RICK RIEMER of the CALUMET COI-INTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT. With the help of Deputy RIEMER, the following items were loaded onto an enclosed trailer:

o Three 55-gallon barrels with miscellaneous items inside, bearing Property Tag Nos. 642, 643 and 644

o A 50-gallon buming barrel that was one-half full of material, bearing Property Tag No. 7702, and two other metal barrels with burnt material, bearing Property Tag Nos. 7921 and 7922

items were returned on 12/20/05 by Reimer.

The three 55-gallon barrels with miscellaneous items, bearing Property Tag Nos. 642,643 and 644, the 50-gallon burning barrel that was one-half full of material, bearing Property Tag No. 7702, and also the two metal barrels with burnt material, bearing Property Tag Nos. 7921 and 7922, were unloaded, signed over to me and placed into secure storage.

Best I could decipher at this point was...
642 = barrel 1
643 = barrel 2
644 = barrel 3
>>>> 645 was barrel 4 originally, but when it was returned to the SY, and then brought back, I believe it was assigned another number.

7702 = SA's garbage barrel, where the cell phone, camera and PDA was found.
7922 = IS NOW BARREL #4

Lets look for 7922 in the CASO report...

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=888
4/10/06
Hawkins

on 04/10/06, I (Deputy JEREMY HAWKINS of the CALUMET CoUNTy SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT) released the following items to Deputy RICK RIEMER of the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT. The following items are:
o Property Tag#643, a 55 gallon barrel with miscellaneous items inside
o Property Tag#642, a 55 gallon barrel with miscellaneous items inside
o Property Tag #644, a 55 gallon barrel with miscellaneous items inside
o Property Tag#7102, a 50 gallon burn barrel, one-quarter full of material
o Property Tag #7921, a metal barrel with burnt material
o Property Tag #7922, a metal barrel with burnt material; the barrel has the number 4 on it

The above is from 4/10/06... why is there still items inside these barrel's? haven't they been gone through already?

Above is also how I found what 7922 was.... the barrel had #4 on it.

so backtracking to December 2005

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=356

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=357

12/19/05
Reimer

Property Tag #7922 was also processed and the following items were generated from that:

o Property Tag #8139, an earring
o Property Tag#8144, two AAA batteries
o Property Tag #8145, four AA batteries
o Property Tag #8146, paper
o Property Tag #8140, bone fragments
o Property Tag #8153, brass from a shotgun shell
o Property Tag #8154, a metal object, possibly resembling a cell phone antenna
o Property Tag #8157, two AA batteries
o Property Tag #8756, metal and wire
o Property Tag #8158, three AAA batteries
o Property Tag #8155, a spent .22 caliber shell
o Property Tag #8160, metal clothing pieces such as rivets and snaps
o Property Tag #8159, a glass piece

Property Tag #8140... bone fragments... in barrel #4???? huh?

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=1114

9/20/11
Hawkins

9/20/11 at approximately 9:00 a.m., I (Deputy JEREMY HAWKINS of the CALUMET
CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT), uiong with Sgt. Inv. MARK WIEGERT of the COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT, ATTORNEY THOMAS FALLON ANd Attorney NORMAN GAHN' removed from evidence all property tag numbers that contained human bone' Attomey GAHN and Attorney FALLoN viewed the items under the property tags and' along with Dr. LESLIE EISENBERG's report, determined which bones could be returned to the HALBACH family.

Ledger No' 05-257, Property Tag #8148, suspected bone fragments, the separated human bone fragments were removed and photographed. Property Tag #8150, teeth, was removed and photographed. Property Tag #8140,bone fragments, the separated human bones fragments were removed and photographed.

8140 came from 7922. 7922 was barrel #4 as far as I can tell, how the heck did bones get in that barrel????

I got totally side tracked today looking at 7922/8140, checking, rechecking LOL I did find that it was brought up months ago on reddit, but I don't recall reading about it back then, we were also on total information overload I think when all the documents came out!

I cannot understand why they went back to the barrel's after they were processed and what was left in them if the contents were given property tags at some point?

and then 7921??? what barrel is that?

I swear every time I try to find answers, I am left with a ton more questions.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=248

It should be noted that in processing ltem #643, a 55-gallon burn barrel with miscellaneous items
inside, they did find various bone fragments.

643 is barrel #2, which had the bones. And what I thought was the only bones.

7102 is the cell phone/pda/camera (they always refer to is as half-full or quarter full)

7921??? I have no clue what barrel this is, I believe it was the one that was brought back with barrel #4 when they brought it back just because of the numbering. I don't think it's the deer camp barrel because it was picked up at Avery's, and I think it would be labelled "deer camp"

So, if I understand this correctly, barrel #4 had TH's rivets and snaps???? You mean the one that left and was brought back again??

So, if I understand this correctly, barrel #4 had TH's rivets and snaps???? You mean the one that left and was brought back again??

I don't think those were TH's rivets and snaps... but geesh, maybe I should go looking now haha

The biggest thing for me was that property tag 7922 was a barrel with the #4, it was processed and I saw Property Tag #8140, bone fragments, I went looking for 8140 and found that in 2011 they removed the human bones and returned them to the Halbachs!

I don't think those were TH's rivets and snaps... but geesh, maybe I should go looking now haha

The biggest thing for me was that property tag 7922 was a barrel with the #4, it was processed and I saw Property Tag #8140, bone fragments, I went looking for 8140 and found that in 2011 they removed the human bones and returned them to the Halbachs!
You mean the same barrel that was taken away and returned had TH's bones in it??? WOW

So, let me get this straight...

On 11/6/05, they take 4 burn barrels to CASO.
Also on 11/6/05 they take 1 burn barrel (marked #4) back to the Avery property. This barrel contains TH's bones.
On 11/7/05, they find the camera, PDA, and cell phone in SA's burn barrel.

Well, why didn't they check SA's burn barrel on 11/06/05? It isn't like they didn't have the manpower on site.

So, let me get this straight...

On 11/6/05, they take 4 burn barrels to CASO.
Also on 11/6/05 they take 1 burn barrel (marked #4) back to the Avery property. This barrel contains TH's bones.
On 11/7/05, they find the camera, PDA, and cell phone in SA's burn barrel.

Well, why didn't they check SA's burn barrel on 11/06/05? It isn't like they didn't have the manpower on site.

LOL there is nothing "straight" about this.

I have no idea why they waited until 11/7 to check his burn barrel at the end of his driveway.... right out there... ready for all to look at? No idea.

I have just done a search of the complete stevenaverycase.org site for 8140, the only references I have found are the one's I have linked already, and then in the evidence log.

Talking about the evidence log... I couldn't find the barrel's... 642, 643, 644, 7922

It doesn't mean they aren't there, but I couldn't find them from searching and I did scroll through and couldn't find them either. Weird.

ok.... so at this point, how many times have they gone through the barrel's? They have property tag #'s for the content of the barrel's, right? so why do they need to continue to go through the barrel's?
IMO
To plant evidence, or take something to use that would help bolster their case..
(The case they never had to begin with)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

So, according to the Calumet County Sheriff’s Office Crime Scene Sign-in / Sign-Out Logs:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/CASO-Crime-Scene-Logs.pdf

Marie left at 11:11am because then next entry after she signs out is G. Schetter MTSO signing out at 11:15am.

So, here is my question, why did it take them 1/2 hour to go the off ramp only 7 minutes away? They stopped on the southbound "OFF" ramp for I-43, note not the "ON" ramp at 11:38 am.

attachment.php
Because they are SHADY..because they were UP TO NO GOOD.
IMO

The property numbers of the barrel's got really confusing, so when I went looking for the what the property numbers were.... I came across this...

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=402

12/19/05 Hawkins:

on 12/19/05, I (Deputy JEREMY HAWKINS of the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT) was requested by Inv. WIEGERT to locate the following items for transport to the WI STATE CRIME LAB in Madison by Deputy RICK RIEMER of the CALUMET COI-INTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT. With the help of Deputy RIEMER, the following items were loaded onto an enclosed trailer:

o Three 55-gallon barrels with miscellaneous items inside, bearing Property Tag Nos. 642, 643 and 644

o A 50-gallon buming barrel that was one-half full of material, bearing Property Tag No. 7702, and two other metal barrels with burnt material, bearing Property Tag Nos. 7921 and 7922

items were returned on 12/20/05 by Reimer.

The three 55-gallon barrels with miscellaneous items, bearing Property Tag Nos. 642,643 and 644, the 50-gallon burning barrel that was one-half full of material, bearing Property Tag No. 7702, and also the two metal barrels with burnt material, bearing Property Tag Nos. 7921 and 7922, were unloaded, signed over to me and placed into secure storage.

Best I could decipher at this point was...
642 = barrel 1
643 = barrel 2
644 = barrel 3
>>>> 645 was barrel 4 originally, but when it was returned to the SY, and then brought back, I believe it was assigned another number.

7702 = SA's garbage barrel, where the cell phone, camera and PDA was found.
7922 = IS NOW BARREL #4

Lets look for 7922 in the CASO report...

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=888
4/10/06
Hawkins

on 04/10/06, I (Deputy JEREMY HAWKINS of the CALUMET CoUNTy SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT) released the following items to Deputy RICK RIEMER of the CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT. The following items are:
o Property Tag#643, a 55 gallon barrel with miscellaneous items inside
o Property Tag#642, a 55 gallon barrel with miscellaneous items inside
o Property Tag #644, a 55 gallon barrel with miscellaneous items inside
o Property Tag#7102, a 50 gallon burn barrel, one-quarter full of material
o Property Tag #7921, a metal barrel with burnt material
o Property Tag #7922, a metal barrel with burnt material; the barrel has the number 4 on it

The above is from 4/10/06... why is there still items inside these barrel's? haven't they been gone through already?

Above is also how I found what 7922 was.... the barrel had #4 on it.

so backtracking to December 2005

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=356

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=357

12/19/05
Reimer

Property Tag #7922 was also processed and the following items were generated from that:

o Property Tag #8139, an earring
o Property Tag#8144, two AAA batteries
o Property Tag #8145, four AA batteries
o Property Tag #8146, paper
o Property Tag #8140, bone fragments
o Property Tag #8153, brass from a shotgun shell
o Property Tag #8154, a metal object, possibly resembling a cell phone antenna
o Property Tag #8157, two AA batteries
o Property Tag #8756, metal and wire
o Property Tag #8158, three AAA batteries
o Property Tag #8155, a spent .22 caliber shell
o Property Tag #8160, metal clothing pieces such as rivets and snaps
o Property Tag #8159, a glass piece

Property Tag #8140... bone fragments... in barrel #4???? huh?

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=1114

9/20/11
Hawkins

9/20/11 at approximately 9:00 a.m., I (Deputy JEREMY HAWKINS of the CALUMET
CALUMET COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT), uiong with Sgt. Inv. MARK WIEGERT of the COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT, ATTORNEY THOMAS FALLON ANd Attorney NORMAN GAHN' removed from evidence all property tag numbers that contained human bone' Attomey GAHN and Attorney FALLoN viewed the items under the property tags and' along with Dr. LESLIE EISENBERG's report, determined which bones could be returned to the HALBACH family.

Ledger No' 05-257, Property Tag #8148, suspected bone fragments, the separated human bone fragments were removed and photographed. Property Tag #8150, teeth, was removed and photographed. Property Tag #8140,bone fragments, the separated human bones fragments were removed and photographed.

8140 came from 7922. 7922 was barrel #4 as far as I can tell, how the heck did bones get in that barrel????
Unfrickinbelievable!!!
Exactly, how??
Great question...

I got totally side tracked today looking at 7922/8140, checking, rechecking LOL I did find that it was brought up months ago on reddit, but I don't recall reading about it back then, we were also on total information overload I think when all the documents came out!

I cannot understand why they went back to the barrel's after they were processed and what was left in them if the contents were given property tags at some point?

and then 7921??? what barrel is that?

I swear every time I try to find answers, I am left with a ton more questions.
Your last paragraph..about being left with more questions every time you go looking for answers..
Lol!!
You, my friend, have been saying THAT since we started here OVER A YEAR AGO🙄😁😁😁

Wait. What?!

Wait. What?!

Yes! go back to post 6, or the one that you quoted above.... that's how I stumbled on it!

7922 - barrel with 4 on it
8140 - bone fragments from 7922
in 2011, 8140 has human bones taken out and photographed, this was when they were giving the Halbach family what remains they could.

Here is some barrel talk in trial transcripts. This is from Feb 16th

ATTORNEY BUTING: Yes, there is, Judge. I have a couple things I need to make a record on. We have -- First of all, we had a request out from the prosecution -- to the prosecution, for discovery, for a long time, and had no response, as to any citizen complaints, fire and police commission complaints, anything that -- regarding Lieutenant Lenk and Sergeant Colborn. And that has not been complied with yet. Further, we have received some information from what appears to be a reliable source that one or more of these burn barrels were lost at some point, while in custody. That is, the chain of custody apparently may have a break in it, and that they were discovered, I believe at the State Patrol custody rather than Calumet, or DCI, or whatever. We received nothing like that in our discovery. I don't know if there is any such evidence. I would ask that the State comply with the discovery and turn that over immediately.

[Bolded by me]
[Kratz responds by assuring the personnel stuff gets sorted out before those individuals get called as witnesses, snipped by me to reduce clutter]

Kratz:
But regarding the chain of custody, not only can that be addressed by cross-examination, but I believe we have complied, as has been noted throughout this case, with discovery, that the defense has things perhaps that they don't even know they have. But that not withstanding, Judge, we'll make sure, once again, that everything has been turned over. And if there's a further problem, we can alert or address the Court at that time.

THE COURT: All right. I will ask the attorneys to discuss this matter further. If there is still an area of disagreement that requires a hearing, let the Court know and I will schedule it. ATTORNEY KRATZ: All right. Thank you.
(Noon recess taken.)

That is the end of the saga of the lost barrels in the trial transcripts as far as I have seen, which is admittedly not terribly far.
I have searched the next several days using the keywords "custody" and "barrel" and got nothing relevent.
Googling didn't yield any results either.
Reddit doesn't seem to know the answer to this.

Edited to pretty up my quoting and

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back