1471 users online (277 members and 1194 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Deadly Georgia Storm Update: 2-Year-Old Missing After Being 'Swept Away' By Tornado

http://www.ibtimes.com/deadly-georgi...ornado-2479673

Police searched Monday for a 2-year-old child in Albany, Georgia, who was reported missing as a series of deadly tornadoes tore through the southeastern part of the United States during the weekend.

At least 20 people died in the storms that began Saturday morning and lasted through Sunday afternoon, the Associated Press reported.
    MOO
    Delphi Murders -- Six Thousand Billboards Across the USA
    Reply with Quote is everyone's friend.
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan

Stay Albany-Strong down your way, oceanblues. I still have not seen a single news report up here in Michigan about the devastation of your area. Your updates are appreciated.

Jax... Will you post if the little boy is found, please? My prayers for him to be found soon, and hopefully alive. So sad.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

That news item about the baby wrapped in blankets and placed in a dryer is so heartbreaking

It was not too bad where live in Sarasota and I am so surprised we did not lose power like we normally do - what is dangerous about this area is struck-lightning deaths like this one and it is pretty scary to just see lightning hit so close to the ground.

The tornado did some damage in Bradenton just north of Sarasota - tore a roof off and the Venice Fishing Pier and Jetty were closed due to high winds and waves. My husband and I live about two miles from the water.

And to think for years I would have nightmares (real nightmares as in when asleep) about being in a building and watching the water rise higher and higher until it consumed the building.

Sigh.

Not hearing enough about the missing 2 year old.
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_of_hope View Post

"Original reports said there was a search for a missing 4-year-old, Dougherty County Police Captain Thomas Jackson later told WALB that parents reported a missing 2-year-old boy.

Officials said that parents reported their son missing at 9:30 p.m. on Monday and told them they had not seen him since the storm hit their home in the Piney Woods Mobile Home Park on Sylvester Road.

DCP said that officers searched all night and were still searching through thick woods and storm damaged areas on Monday.

Officials said that there is still no sign of the 2-year-old and they will end their search at 5 p.m. but will continue to treat the case as a missing person.."
    http://www.walb.com/story/34319955/u...n-dougherty-co

My sister is in Alpharetta, GA does anyone know if it's ok there??

Quote Originally Posted by Ayashley View Post
    I can safely say I think your sister is okay. The upper part of the state did get wind and a lot of rain but I have not heard of any tornadoes that has harmed lives or property. Our daughter, son-in-law, and our two grandsons live in Dallas, Georgia and we were checking with them regularly yesterday and she said the same thing.............lots of rain and windy but no one was harmed.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Ayashley View Post
    I haven't found anything specific other than they had very heavy (torrential) rains in Alpharetta. It is a couple hours from Augusta where my friend lives, and she said they just had heavy rain there. But ... sadly, an 83 yr. old woman tried to take shelter in a drain pipe outside her home in Alpharetta and was swept away. http://www.henryherald.com/news/stor...901fed00e.html
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_of_hope View Post

Miracles do happen. I remember many years ago when a tornado had touched down and a little infant was missing. It wasn't in my state iirc, but anyway they searched and searched for him for days and finally found him way up in a treetop and he was alive and only had a scratch on his forehead. He was found over a mile away from his home where the tornado had taken him.

I am praying for a miracle in this case. It would help the people in Albany to know the two year old little boy was found alive. We have already experienced one miracle when the little two month old was found safe swaddled in a blanket inside their parents' dryer but we sure could use another one to lighten our spirits here which has been shattered.

However I find the wording odd for some reason 'swept away.' There wasn't raging flood waters at that time of the tornado although we have experienced flooding in some areas since then but maybe they mean swept away by the high winds. The searchers have such a daunting task when searching for him with endless miles of debris and twisted broken trees everywhere.

I did read the responders found one 4 year old child alive inside of some kind of locker and he told them that a man put him in there who was dressed in all white. He didn't seem to know who but God bless the person who did this for this child.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Miracles do happen. I remember many years ago when a tornado had touched down and a little infant was missing. It wasn't in my state iirc, but anyway they searched and searched for him for days and finally found him way up in a treetop and he was alive and only had a scratch on his forehead. He was found over a mile away from his home where the tornado had taken him.

I am praying for a miracle in this case. It would help the people in Albany to know the two year old little boy was found alive. We have already experienced one miracle when the little two month old was found safe swaddled in a blanket inside their parents' dryer but we sure could use another one to lighten our spirits here which has been shattered.

However I find the wording odd for some reason 'swept away.' There wasn't raging flood waters at that time of the tornado although we have experienced flooding in some areas since then but maybe they mean swept away by the high winds. The searchers have such a daunting task when searching for him with endless miles of debris and twisted broken trees everywhere.

I did read the responders found one 4 year old child alive inside of some kind of locker and he told them that a man put him in there who was dressed in all white. He didn't seem to know who but God bless the person who did this for this child.

IMO
    BBM DH reminded me of that very same incident today when we first heard the news. We are also praying for a similar situation.

Hopefully this link from one of the storm chasers I follow will work. It goes some way to highlighting the sheer devastation

https://www.facebook.com/bamastormch...02701496536346

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where are you?
    DeOrr Kunz Jr
    Leona Wright
    Crystal Rogers
    Baby Willow

Rest in peace sweet Chance Walsh Lonzie Barton

UK Case Index

Occam's Razor - "of two competing theories, the simpler explanation of an entity is to be preferred"

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/cr...orms/392059209
    Nothing new but search has gotten larger.

"Dougherty County Police Captain Thomas Jackson says the parents of Detrez Green reported him missing Sunday night after the storm hit their mobile home.

His mother, Adijah Rainey, told police he slipped away and went toward the kitchen of the home just as the storm hit. The kitchen was completely destroyed when a large oak tree fell through it. Rainey says she did not see the boy leave the home or see him being swept away.

Searchers went through the area of the home, including under the tree, and were not able to find the boy. Cadaver dogs and live search dogs were used to search the area in and around the home and have not come up with positive results in their search thus far."

ALBANY, Ga – Georgia’s insurance commissioner says $100 million in damages were wreaked on the state by this past weekend’s deadly storms that ripped through southwest Georgia.

Ralph Hudgens said Albany and Dougherty County suffered $40 million in damage.

“This is the worst damage I’ve seen in a long time,” Hudgens said on Tuesday afternoon. “There’s no other storm to which I can compare this damage.”

Hudgens said damage estimates are likely to go up.

“A lot of storm victims do not have insurance,” he said.

http://www.11alive.com/news/100-mill...orms/392167296

Phoebe Putney Hospital (Albany) reported treating 45 storm-related patients between Phoebe Main and Phoebe North.

That brings the total number of injuries reported so far to at least 88.

Phoebe has also provided employees to help at a temporary clinic that has been set up at the New Birth Fellowship Christian Church, which is located at 2106 Radium Springs Road.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/34319...fter-tornadoes

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast