656 users online (79 members and 577 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Well I spoke too soon - a tornado did roll through my oldest daughter's neighborhood the other day, toppling trees and leaving quite a mess. My granddaughter's school was also hit.

Unlike other areas however, there was only one reported death in Florida that I know of so I still count my family lucky.

Authorities are searching for a missing toddler in Dougherty County, Georgia.

States of emergency have been declared in Georgia and Mississippi.

Authorities said at least 15 deaths occurred in south Georgia alone.

One death from high winds has been reported in Florida.
    https://weather.com/news/news/deadly...-state-impacts

And poor little Detrez Green. They're still searching but it doesn't look good. Keeping my fingers crossed...

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/cre...nado/392060854

They still haven't found the little boy.

Teams are searching the entire home including under the tree that fell through the home.

“We are making really good efforts," said Lan Skalla, Dougherty County Search and Rescue Team Member. "We ran some time grid searches this morning. My understanding is that GSAR getting ready to start taking debris fields apart. We’re going to cut them up, pull them apart piece by piece to make sure we get a thorough search of this area.”

The dogs are still not picking up his scent anywhere in the mobile home park area.

http://wfxl.com/news/local/dougherty...issing-toddler
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_of_hope View Post
    "Original reports said there was a search for a missing 4-year-old, Dougherty County Police Captain Thomas Jackson later told WALB that parents reported a missing 2-year-old boy.

Officials said that parents reported their son missing at 9:30 p.m. on Monday and told them they had not seen him since the storm hit their home in the Piney Woods Mobile Home Park on Sylvester Road.

DCP said that officers searched all night and were still searching through thick woods and storm damaged areas on Monday.

Officials said that there is still no sign of the 2-year-old and they will end their search at 5 p.m. but will continue to treat the case as a missing person.."
    http://www.walb.com/story/34319955/u...n-dougherty-co
    BBM

I don't know why but the BBM part of the statement still unnerves me for some strange reason. She reported him missing at 9:30 pm on Monday night when her son had been missing since 3:30pm on Sunday? 30 hours later? I know everything was chaotic at the time but instantly she had to know he was missing.

Wouldn't she be screaming to the first responders and police immediately that her little boy is missing when they first arrived shortly after the tornado had happened? Why wait 30 hours?

Maybe I am missing something important but if I couldn't find my little boy once the tornado had gone I would be screaming and crying hysterically to the first responder I came in contact with so they could start then helping me find him. But then if I knew we were going to get hit by a tornado he would have been with me and me hanging on tight to him in the safest area of our home.

Pay me no mind. My nerves are fried from what has happened to our communities. Maybe I am overthinking all of this.

I just pray they find him and soon. To even think about his little body laying out there in all of that twisted destruction breaks my heart.

The police had been to the trailer park with bullhorns shortly before the tornado touched down telling them to all get out and go to a safer area which most heeded. That certainly saved many lives. So wouldn't you think knowing a tornado was coming she would grab and hold on to her little son with all her might and not let him out of her sight? Yet she said the last time she saw him he was walking through the kitchen toward the backdoor.

We have great weather experts here at two different television stations and they did a masterful job of alerting everyone that danger was imminent and coming. They were on FB live continuously throughout the day and also on our local television channels so we did know the tornado was coming. That part saved lives too.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Search continues for missing child.

http://www.wtoc.com/story/34341219/s...rty-co-toddler

oceanblueeyes, I have also wondered about the time it took to notify authorities the little boy was missing. But I finally found this explanation (which may or may not be totally accurate, but is understandable)

Byrd said the family's power was out and they were unable to tell authorities the child was missing until they arrived at a relative's home on Sunday evening.
    "Our teams have been working since Sunday to find the child," she said. "We have a massive search out there today."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...across-n711446
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Current live stream of damage in Albany https://www.facebook.com/michael.phe...85365012007793
    Where are you?
    DeOrr Kunz Jr
    Leona Wright
    Crystal Rogers
    Baby Willow

Rest in peace sweet Chance Walsh Lonzie Barton

UK Case Index

Occam's Razor - "of two competing theories, the simpler explanation of an entity is to be preferred"

A woman flew through a tornado in a bathtub and survived

“She heard the tornado warning come out and she took cover in the tub in her bathroom,” he said. “The only thing she remembers is that the tornado came in from the southwest across her home. At that point the whole backside of her house was sheared off. Her bath tub was ripped out of her bathroom and she ended up still in her tub in some woods near her home.”

Hansford said he didn’t know exactly how far the women, who he estimated to be in her 60s, was thrown. Except for some cuts and bruises, “she was uninjured but emotionally shaken,” he said, adding that her house was totaled

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c5e3d6cf73df

Albany 2-year-old still missing following Sunday's storm

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Alba...411654565.html

The search continues for a missing 2-year-old boy in Albany.Detrez Green has been missing since a tornado hit his family's home Sunday afternoon.

Wednesday, crews continued their search of the surrounding areas.

Officials say a cadaver dog gave a positive signal near a nearby lake.

Crews are now working to drain the lake and expand their search area.

Thanks Jax49. I still was hoping they might find the 2 yr. old. Does not look good thar he could has survived.

The bathtub lady was a nice one to read. I imagine it was terrifying for her, but how lucky she was.
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017

Starting to wonder about the 2 year old "story" - hope we don't end up transferring details from this thread to the missing thread. Or perhaps we should?
    Where are you?
    DeOrr Kunz Jr
    Leona Wright
    Crystal Rogers
    Baby Willow

Rest in peace sweet Chance Walsh Lonzie Barton

UK Case Index

Occam's Razor - "of two competing theories, the simpler explanation of an entity is to be preferred"

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    oceanblueeyes, I have also wondered about the time it took to notify authorities the little boy was missing. But I finally found this explanation (which may or may not be totally accurate, but is understandable)

Byrd said the family's power was out and they were unable to tell authorities the child was missing until they arrived at a relative's home on Sunday evening.
    "Our teams have been working since Sunday to find the child," she said. "We have a massive search out there today."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...across-n711446
    Thank you so much for this update. I did read this morning that the cadaver dogs have finally alerted to a scent close to a nearby lake and it stated the lake/pond is being drained so they can thoroughly search that area. He very well could have been caught up inside of the tornado itself and his little body fell close by or in the lake.

I hope its not a false positive because I am sure pets were outside when the tornado struck and may have been killed and are also in the pond.

We should know something soon if he is there.

I also read that 50% of the population in the surrounding Albany/Dougherty County area has been affected by the tornado. Thousands are still unable to return to work. Our son finally got clearance to assist in the cleanup of the Marine Base but he nor others are back to working their regular jobs. Several buildings were damaged or destroyed but he said his office area was spared. They are still unable to return to normal work duties since there has to be so much cleanup done before they can return.

Please continue to pray for everyone who has been affected by these raging tornadoes. I was very upset to learn the storm on January 2nd which also caused millions of dollars in damage had not even been cleared by the Obama administration for federal assistance but now that we have a new President he has quickly expedited not only that request but the one for federal/fema assistance for the tornadoes in our state.

All week I have been going through items to give the storm victims including my husband and I purchasing many other items, such as school supplies, toothbrushes, hand soaps, hair products, pillows, toilet tissue, and blankets. We also bought several back packs and totes for the victims to put their meager belongings in. Our son and daughter in law have been collecting and purchasing items as well all week long and they have amassed a huge amount which they have been delivering everyday to the designated shelters who are either housing victims of the storm or are giving out supplies when the victims come to them.

We are in this for the long haul. So much damage and displaced people and many who are out of work. This will have to be done by those in our communities for months to come.

I pray they find the little boy today and I also read that 6 in total are still missing. I am guessing this includes the little boy.

IMO

I do appreciate the updates by those from the affected area, esp. oceanblueeyes and jax49.

Before you all informed us, I did not know the cleanup had not been completed from an earlier storm. I think it is even more horrible for those with missing loved ones. The not-knowing tears you up, wondering all the things your mind can imagine.

Oceanblueeyes, I believe cadaver dogs are able to distinguish human bodies from animals. I hope they find whoever the dogs scent picked up.
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

As far as I know they still haven't found the little two year old boy.

Our daughter-in-law has been delivering items all week and she came by this afternoon to get all of the items from us and will deliver them in the morning to one of the places on the list given by the Albany officials.

This has not been confirmed so just take it with a grain of salt for now. Although one article on CNN did say that at least 6 people are missing as if to imply there could be more than that.

When she was out today making the deliveries she spoke with several first responders and a nurse who were called out Sunday evening in the area where the tornado had struck. She said they told her there are many more people deceased and one said they saw at least 10-15 body bags with victims in it.

The responders working the scene have called in those who speak Spanish since many Hispanics lived in some of the trailer parks that were hardest hit. One lady told her that in one home in the trailer park there had at least 7 Hispanics living in it and that mobile home is no longer there as if it never existed and in another mobile home close by that is no longer there either it also had several Hispanics living in it. So they are having a hard time finding out who these people are. Some may be illegals so that makes it even harder to identify them so their families can be notified if they are indeed deceased.

Some of the Marine Base personnel has been told to report for duty/work on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    I do appreciate the updates by those from the affected area, esp. oceanblueeyes and jax49.

Before you all informed us, I did not know the cleanup had not been completed from an earlier storm. I think it is even more horrible for those with missing loved ones. The not-knowing tears you up, wondering all the things your mind can imagine.

Oceanblueeyes, I believe cadaver dogs are able to distinguish human bodies from animals. I hope they find whoever the dogs scent picked up.
    Yes, they are suppose to be able to hone in on human remains only but sometimes according to the environment they are dealing with it can produce false positive sometimes. I have no doubt that many children lived in these parks and even dirty diapers that gets thrown everywhere can lead the dogs to think they have found human remains.

However; I hope and pray the alert is genuine, and he will be found. I would have thought they would have found him by now if he is in the water since the pond isn't that large at all.

IMO

Friday afternoon, crews called off search for missing child.
    They have turned the case over to the police.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/27...ter-storm.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast