Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Police still searching for 20-year-old Wichita woman last seen in KC
missing-woman.jpeg

Friends say she sent a text at 4:42 a.m. that said, “just got pulled over again.”

They add, “It’s extremely out of character for her to run off without letting her boyfriend or friends know where she’s going.”

http://fox4kc.com/2017/01/17/police-still-searching-for-20-year-old-wichita-woman-last-seen-in-kc/

Family desperate to find missing 20-year-old UMKC student

Liz Anderson will do anything to be reunited with her only daughter.

"It's so hard, such a beautiful, bright, young woman. I just want to find her." she said.

Friends say Anderson left work early Sunday morning from a local club and had planned to meet a friend at QuikTrip. She allegedly never showed up.

The last person to hear from Anderson was her best friend, Roxanne Townsend.

"Her house, her apartment on Grand is like twenty minutes from the club, so she would have been somewhere on I-70," said Townsend.

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/...d-umkc-student

Missing Kansas City woman’s last text: ‘OMG just pulled over again’
text.jpg

"She's a great person, really nice. We're all worried sick for her," said Pete Sanchez, Anderson's boyfriend.

Sanchez says Toni works as a server at Chrome nightclub off of U.S. Highway 40, on Kansas City's East Side. On Sunday, she left work at 4:11 a.m., and was adamant about going to a gas station, according to WDAF. However, 30 minutes later, Toni's friend, Roxanne Townsend told the station she received a frightening text from Toni.

http://fox13now.com/2017/01/17/missing-kansas-city-womans-last-text-omg-just-pulled-over-again/

Parents issue plea for help to find missing UMKC student

Anderson's parents have learned from a friend that Toni was pulled over and let go in North Kansas City before stopping at the QuikTrip where she was last seen.

Toni's phone was still connected to the T-Mobile network until around 9:30 Sunday night before going dark.

Kansas City Police are investigating Toni's disappearance. Police are expected to subpoena Toni's phone records. Her car also has a GPS tracker. Family members hope that information could help find her.

http://www.kmbc.com/article/parents-issue-plea-for-help-to-find-missing-umkc-student/8609411

Case Map (Thank you Skibaboo)

Thread #1

Please continue here -

Okay, so on the previous thread, Niner said this:
"Okay - I've just finished reading this whole thread! Whew... Here's a timeline I put together from reading along;

Toni Anderson's Timeline:

9pm (approx), Saturday, January 14th Left home to go to work at Chrome per
boyfriend Peter Sanchez per video. Lives on Grand Blvd.

4:05am, Sunday morning, January 15th Before stated at 4:11am - Toni left
work at the Chrome Club shortly after 4 a.m. to meet up with a friend but she never
made it. (Chrome nightclub at 7400E Highway 40 near the Truman Sports Complex)
(Note: Toni was on her way to meet a friend at the QuickTrip on Southwest/31st
where it was originally said she was headed and Sources say when Toni left Chrome,
she had plans to meet with friends at Shady Lady, a strip club on the eastside of
Kansas City, at 2800 E 12th St.)

4:25am She was pulled over at 4:25 a.m. by a North Kansas City, Missouri,
police officer — a separate jurisdiction from Kansas City — for a routine traffic stop for
an illegal lane change, which resulted in a warning. At Officer saw her pull into
QuickTrip at 2525 Burlington to pump gas. (QT ATM near 26th and Burlington along 9
Highway) (Police say she was alone when she was pulled over and they watched her
pull into QuikTrip to pump gas.)

4:33am She then stopped for gas, police confirm. Toni's debit card was
declined at 4:33am, according to family's bank records. A declined transaction
at QT. (Police dashcam has her leaving QT going south. Toni turned left onto 31st
headed toward Southwest Blvd and then who knows where?)

4:42am At 4:42am, she texted her friend, “OMG just got pulled over again.” It
is not clear if she was referring to the 4:30 traffic stop or a subsequent one.

4:53am She has not been heard from since, though she received an incoming
text (or call?) at 4:53am; family says number is from a man who is cooperating with
police.
To Toni’s mother, the phrasing of that final text does not sit well with her. “I don’t
understand why she would write ‘I’m getting pulled over again’ in the same night,”
Anderson says. “It just keeps resonating in my brain ‘again,’ ‘again’ … that’s just odd to
me.”

Brian Anderson is also asking businesses to check their surveillance footage if they're
on Tony's route from her home on the 1000 block of Grandview Blvd to the QuikTrip
on 2525 Burlington St. He says she would have been on the road between 4:50
a.m. and 5:15 a.m. on Jan. 15, Sunday morning.

9:30pm Sunday night Toni's phone goes dead. (Battery dead?)

Please add if I missed something! TIA!"

Here is my question in response:

Is there any chance the police officer who pulled Toni over and watched her get gas THEN followed her when she left and pulled her over again? I know some suspect the officer could even be involved in wrong doing, but this isn't what I'm suggesting. I'm asking if he could've been legitimately suspicious...maybe noticed something she did (the direction she turned or what she did at the gas station) didn't match up with what she'd told him...or maybe she swerved over the line or was speeding and he wondered if she was under the influence...and pulled her over again?

How come a Thread 2?
I usually don't frequent forums so I wasn't sure.

http://fox13now.com/2017/01/17/missing-kansas-city-womans-last-text-omg-just-pulled-over-again/

BF= "I was asleep at the time urmm, she was she was getting of work. It's just like any other night, you know, i just thought she'd come home"

This the trouble with sound bites. I would want to know if he was asked, for example, what were you doing? If he was, then the above is appropriate. If he wasn't asked "what were you doing", then, why does he feel the need to tell us he was asleep?

Just a thought?

How come a Thread 2?

When the thread gets to around 60-100 pages (dependent on content) it can take more time to load for some users so the mods open us up a sparkly fresh new thread :)

Okay, so on the previous thread, Niner said this:

Here is my question in response:

Is there any chance the police officer who pulled Toni over and watched her get gas THEN followed her when she left and pulled her over again? I know some suspect the officer could even be involved in wrong doing, but this isn't what I'm suggesting. I'm asking if he could've been legitimately suspicious...maybe noticed something she did (the direction she turned or what she did at the gas station) didn't match up with what she'd told him...or maybe she swerved over the line or was speeding and he wondered if she was under the influence...and pulled her over again?

They aren't showing the public the dash cam footage for a reason, I thought I read or heard because of something on it. It's possible but I think LE would have said they pulled her over twice if they did, unless there is something untoward about it all, like Toni is a very attractive girl, the officer may have flirted with her. That wouldn't be a good luck now would it?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nsas-City-15-Jan-2017&p=13088133#post13088133

From niner's timeline post from thread 1, thanks niner

"9:30pm Sunday night Toni's phone goes dead. (Battery dead?)"

If the above is true then LE know's damn well where she went and must be choosing to not reveal a lot more than what they know.
Why not say where here phone last pinged before it died at 9:30pm, that's 17hrs of phone activity that LE are not sharing for some reason.

In response to Niners timeline

4:33 am-you have it as her leaving the QT and police dash cam showing her turning on 31st, this has not been said. Or at least I don't think so.

The only info we have been giving is the dashcam showing the stop and her driving into the QT on 9. Last place she was seen was the QT on 9 not the one on Southwest.

If new info has been made available I apologize but if so can you supply a link, thanks in advance [emoji4]

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nsas-City-15-Jan-2017&p=13088133#post13088133

If the above is true then LE know's damn well where she went and must be choosing to not reveal a lot more than what they know.
Why not say where here phone last pinged before it died at 9:30pm, that's 17hrs of phone activity that LE are not sharing for some reason.
?

My thought exactly. It has to be known exactly where the phone went dead so why aren't police releasing that information?

Last fall my two daughters, ages 19 and 22, were going shopping together one Saturday night, had just left my oldest daughters apartment complex, and were pulled over by KC police in the northland (Gladstone/KC border around 169 hwy and 68th).
The police officer told them the reason was the
back license plate light was out.
Ok, understandable, but then asked if they had thier permission to go through their purses.
It scared the crap out of them, they had never had been in that situation, agreed.
They told them to step out of their car while the LE went thru their purses.
I was LIVID when they told me and their dad because they were pretty shaken up by it.

We called the police station questioning why they went to that extreme without probable cause and we were told it's because of the area, the apartment complex apparently has some drug traffic.
But it scared my girls and they didn't want them going thru thier purses but were intimidated by the situation and scared they'd get in trouble if they said no to them. That bothered me!

They aren't showing the public the dash cam footage for a reason, I thought I read or heard because of something on it. It's possible but I think LE would have said they pulled her over twice if they did, unless there is something untoward about it all, like Toni is a very attractive girl, the officer may have flirted with her. That wouldn't be a good luck now would it?

Yes. This is along the lines of what I was thinking. Perhaps he flirted or perhaps she revealed something about her intentions or confessed something to him. Maybe they want to keep her words a secret. Or maybe he didn't follow protocol in his response, so they're trying not to release it.

I think it's more likely she was only pulled over once, but I don't rule out this possibility. If the police man bothered to stay and watch her, it suggests he may have had concerns.

In response to Niners timeline

4:33 am-you have it as her leaving the QT and police dash cam showing her turning on 31st, this has not been said. Or at least I don't think so.

The only info we have been giving is the dashcam showing the stop and her driving into the QT on 9. Last place she was seen was the QT on 9 not the one on Southwest.

If new info has been made available I apologize but if so can you supply a link, thanks in advance [emoji4]

The address I have of the QT is 2525 Burlington and she got pulled over at 31st and SW Blvd. I think SW Blvd is the same as Route 9. Can a local chime in here?

That's pretty much what I said in my first post on this case. At the very least by now they would have locating information from cell towers. I find myself wondering where this information about 9:30 came from and if it is valid. One thing I have found very frustrating is the complete lack of primary sources in this case. I haven't been able to find any press releases related to the case or any interviews with LE.

According to the media, police first said the traffic stop was a 4:40. That makes perfect sense in relation to the text at 4:42. Then the traffic stop was changed to 4:25. Why? Very frustrating.

The address I have of the QT is 2525 Burlington and she got pulled over at 31st and SW Blvd. I think SW Blvd is the same as Route 9. Can a local chime in here?

dd44085d7de8b3cc59e7c3f067544f9c.png

Where she was pulled over by LE, and last seen

c874abaa81dfc50b6964cc6cbd56989e.png

Location where she was said to be adamant on going, but haven't heard of any solid evidence of her actually being there

That's why I was questioning the timeline

?

My thought exactly. It has to be known exactly where the phone went dead so why aren't police releasing that information?

And why aren't they searching in that area where it went dead?

That's pretty much what I said in my first post on this case. At the very least by now they would have locating information from cell towers. I find myself wondering where this information about 9:30 came from and if it is valid. One thing I have found very frustrating is the complete lack of primary sources in this case. I haven't been able to find any press releases related to the case or any interviews with LE.

According to the media, police first said the traffic stop was a 4:40. That makes perfect sense in relation to the text at 4:42. Then the traffic stop was changed to 4:25. Why? Very frustrating.

Agreed. The closest thing to a primary source is the video posted by the news anchor, Josh, which captures a police officer (not the one who pulled her over, but a different one) explaining that the officer stayed and watched Toni and saw her pump gas and leave.

So either the police truly don't think there's foul play and they're trying to minimize it...or they have another reason to purposefully stay quiet (to mislead a suspect, for ex, or to minimize an officer breaking protocol).

dd44085d7de8b3cc59e7c3f067544f9c.png

Where she was pulled over by LE, and last seen

c874abaa81dfc50b6964cc6cbd56989e.png

Location where she was said to be adamant on going, but haven't heard of any solid evidence of her actually being there

That's why I was questioning the timeline

I have completely confused myself! Thank you!

How come a Thread 2?

:welcome5: VictoriaH.

generally at around 1000 posts a fresh thread is opened for the reasons Skibaboo stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow