800 users online (113 members and 687 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
    That is correct. Here is his thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...rk-20-Nov-2015
    Thank you flutterby and skibaboo, I hadn't realised it was Rory. I am going to read through the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoblin View Post
    It seems shocking in Bristol, that there are two close together in terms of time and locality... Both young people and red-haired, it's almost like lightning hitting the same space twice... I've even thought perhaps it's a killer targeting redheads... But its probably just a strange coincidence.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
    Yes it is getting very strange , Males on nights out are going missing at alarming rate and because it's happening in so many different areas of the UK In my opinion it isn't being looked at properly as a whole by police JMO

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...l-cctv-9901724

Lewis Ball, 26, missing since 05 February 2017. Another young male missing after a night out in the UK. Also last seen near water.

Sorry, just noticed someone may have already posted Lewis.
    Last edited by Panspeople; 02-23-2017 at 10:20 AM. Reason: edit for spelling

There just seems to many to be a coincidence, Also there are as many drunk young women out of a weekend as men but no where near as many fatalities after nights out

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoblin View Post
    It seems shocking in Bristol, that there are two close together in terms of time and locality... Both young people and red-haired, it's almost like lightning hitting the same space twice... I've even thought perhaps it's a killer targeting redheads... But its probably just a strange coincidence.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
    I live in bristol there have been a few people that have been found in the river over the years, what usually happens is they have a bit to drink and then fall in as there heading for the taxi rank or home. I personally don't think there's anything sinister going on I just think there needs to be better safety railings by the river particularly near motions nightclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Panspeople View Post
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...l-cctv-9901724

Lewis Ball, 26, missing since 05 February 2017. Another young male missing after a night out in the UK. Also last seen near water.

Sorry, just noticed someone may have already posted Lewis.
    Lewis Ball has been found in the floating harbour, same spot as Deakon Wilkins. Wasn't there a third man missing in tha area recently too, or am I getting mixed up?

http://www.bristol247.com/channel/ne...-of-lewis-ball

Such a shame 😣although the Bristol and Manchester cases some could be put down as accidents I find it hard to understand why there isn't a high level of water related deaths in Birmingham which also has alot of waterways, unsure if the pubs are near the canals though

Fears grow that a shadowy figure is drowning young men in Bristol

Another body in Bristol..

http://dailym.ai/2mGwVdb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whatkindofmagic View Post
    Fears grow that a shadowy figure is drowning young men in Bristol

Another body in Bristol..

http://dailym.ai/2mGwVdb

Oh god I do hope not.
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure, and never simple - Oscar Wilde

Police dismiss serial killer 'speculation' after drownings
    http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/...ter-drownings/

I think it's a shame the article focused on when the men were discovered instead of the dates they went missing, which would be far more pertinent to the question of whether or not there might be a serial killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishem1 View Post
    Such a shame although the Bristol and Manchester cases some could be put down as accidents I find it hard to understand why there isn't a high level of water related deaths in Birmingham which also has alot of waterways,
    Exactly the point I made last year (?) in relation to the Manchester cases - why in Manchester but not in Birmingham?

unsure if the pubs are near the canals though
    They are. A network of canals close to the city centre runs right through Birmingham's main entertainment district. The main difference I can see is that whereas in Manchester the gay village is very close to where the drownings have happened, in Birmingham the gay village is half a mile away alongside the Chinese quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    Exactly the point I made last year (?) in relation to the Manchester cases - why in Manchester but not in Birmingham?

They are. A network of canals close to the city centre runs right through Birmingham's main entertainment district. The main difference I can see is that whereas in Manchester the gay village is very close to where the drownings have happened, in Birmingham the gay village is half a mile away alongside the Chinese quarter.
    The second paragraph is very interesting! I'd be looking into a sk on that basis, just to rule it out. Random chance wouldn't account for that difference...

What about Bristol? I haven't been following this thread as I thought it too unlikely that there would be any links. That's the first thing I've seen that's suggestive.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonet View Post
    What about Bristol?
    I don't know much about Bristol or where the entertainment district is in relation to water. It doesn't have the canal networks that Birmingham and Manchester has but it has historic docks and the River Avon which splits parts of the city into a series of large islands.

I'm a Bristolian by birth and I really don't see it being a serial killer,the Bristol deaths anyway.Sorry.The watersheds at Bristol contain many,many bars and clubs and are literally spitting distance from the water...less than 5m in some places from memory...also in Bristol is the Thekla,a floating nightclub...Given men's propensity to urinate in water when drunk...I put them down to tragic accidents...
    Also I think the other guy some of you are thinking of was a young man in Bath...10 miles from Bristol and also a river town.HTH anyone and if I can help with any other locality details pls let me know.
    Disclaimer:I have lived in Australia for over 10yrs now and things may have changed...but recent media pics have shown no major reworkings in the area of the bars,etc
    MOO

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishem1 View Post
    Such a shame 😣although the Bristol and Manchester cases some could be put down as accidents I find it hard to understand why there isn't a high level of water related deaths in Birmingham which also has alot of waterways, unsure if the pubs are near the canals though

Lots of water and lots of pubs on the canal Gas Street Basin just off Broad Street. Which are the two main club and pub areas in Birmingham

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6