834 users online (127 members and 707 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It seems so sad that he was missing with so little interest.

A bit off topic, but is there any reason this thread (?327949) is marked Identified, but when click on it shows Found Deceased? I have checked Identified section but there is NO trace of thread there where it should be.

My original thread under missing person is now merged and untastfully blended with his UID thread under Located deceased.

Since announcement of new mods (no pun intended), almost all Identified threads are hijacked and moved anywhere else But to Identified section. Did some new rule arrived and I have not noticed? I am all for merging and saving space.. but seriously..

Rant over

PS: I have sent message to mods to bring it to their attention. Hopefully they won't mind about me pointing this out...(maybe its just me and nobody else here mind where threads end up, but this time merging Taku thread just left bad taste.)
    Last edited by Al Ka; 04-27-2017 at 05:44 AM.

I think the UID and Missing threads were merged.

It's useful having them together but the implementation makes it hard to find them.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

there are a few identified I would like to see in crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Ka View Post
    wow, that is so sad to hear. I have revisited his case few times and wondered about possible car incident, but I am still kind of taken aback by this news. It is quite chilling to actually see his UID thread (I have not seen it before) with his remains/cloth on display prior to his identification.

Am I reading correctly that his car has been found in January parked in different city while he was located in Susquehanna River PA? Hmm. I should check maps. I really hope his mugging day prior to his disappearance did not affect him to the point of doing anything drastic, and that cause of death will be ruled rather some unfortunate accident.

http://abc27.com/2017/04/26/police-i...nna-as-ny-man/

http://local21news.com/news/local/po...s-new-york-man
    http://fox43.com/2017/04/26/coroner-...ork-state-man/

Rest In Peace Taku
    Wishing all the strength to your family back home.
    I actually live crazy close to the location he was found and his car was found. I don't think the news has it quite accurate. My husband is actually fishing in that area right now, and the York County line/ Cumberland County line is separated by the river. So as it may seem it's too different towns/counties, when I drive to the grocery store it's two different counties. I call our town Mayberry, we recently moved from the capitol city, I can very very easily see how in that part of town his car sat for a month unnoticed. Their is nothing in that area but hotels and businesses, and a lot of drug crimes occur their (because of the cheap hotels for the truckers).
    The other thing is, even though it is right off the highway, a young Japanese man dressed like he was would stick out like a sore thumb. New Cumberland is about 99.99% white (my family is the .01 ). Anything you wanna know about the area let me know. I know very little about the case but a lot about our town.

Quote Originally Posted by adot0902 View Post
    I actually live crazy close to the location he was found and his car was found. I don't think the news has it quite accurate. My husband is actually fishing in that area right now, and the York County line/ Cumberland County line is separated by the river. So as it may seem it's too different towns/counties, when I drive to the grocery store it's two different counties. I call our town Mayberry, we recently moved from the capitol city, I can very very easily see how in that part of town his car sat for a month unnoticed. Their is nothing in that area but hotels and businesses, and a lot of drug crimes occur their (because of the cheap hotels for the truckers).
    The other thing is, even though it is right off the highway, a young Japanese man dressed like he was would stick out like a sore thumb. New Cumberland is about 99.99% white (my family is the .01 ). Anything you wanna know about the area let me know. I know very little about the case but a lot about our town.
    Thank you for your local input. Is car park location big distance from where he was found? If it is, could he enter waters near the car park and be carried further away by strong currents? Is river actually anywhere near that car park? Do you think it could be foul play because of drug crimes in that park/hotels location?

I wonder how long drive is from Long Island NY to there in PA and really what prompt him to go there in the first place.

I have read about the other young boy (car accident) recovered in the same waters on 7th April, just few days before discovery of Taku there, and apparently they had quite a struggle with recovery due to very strong currents.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Ka View Post
    Thank you for your local input. Is car park location big distance from where he was found? If it is, could he enter waters near the car park and be carried further away by strong currents? Is river actually anywhere near that car park? Do you think it could be foul play because of drug crimes in that park/hotels location?

I wonder how long drive is from Long Island NY to there in PA and really what prompt him to go there in the first place.

I have read about the other young boy (car accident) recovered in the same waters on 7th April, just few days before discovery of Taku there, and apparently they had quite a struggle with recovery due to very strong currents.
    I apologize, I went with the original location that the newspaper I follow had his car, I see they have updated it, and his car was in a different town. I thought he was parked near the turnpike in one of the hotels by the river, but that appears to not be correct. He was found in an commercial/industrial area of another town that is right across the river from Harrisburg the capitol, and about 10 minutes driving from where his body was found.
    I'm unsure where he would have went into the river from where he was parked, the river isn't really that close. You can google Enola (that is Summerdale, Summerdale is like .1 square miles).
    When I say drugs are common in that area, I mean it's 100% safe for families to stay there but if you know someone and call them you could get drugs or prostitutes. BUT there are by no means people slinking outside of the hotels trying to randomly sell you drugs. The whole area is very safe, but it is right across the river, literally a bridge away from the capitol, so to think their is no crime would be unrealistic.
    It's a VERY long drive from Long Island to PA, about 5.5 hours in a car because of traffic on the expressways and bridges. I did it once by car and once by train.
    The currents were very strong, we were fishing Sunday and it was moving. I'm actually kind of freaked out by how many bodies have been turning up in the river lately. I don't know the average number of bodies found in rivers but it seems a bit excessive.

I've attached some
    http://lancasteronline.com/news/loca...567bc1e69.html
    http://www.wgal.com/article/coroner-...week-1/6241354Body Location.jpg
    http://fox43.com/2016/03/24/state-po...uehanna-river/
    http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/08...unidentif.html

Also attached a google image of where the body was found.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2