1241 users online (275 members and 966 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Teen With Peanut Allergy Dies After Kiss

Teen With Peanut Allergy Dies After Kiss 1 hour, 6 minutes ago

SAGUENAY, Quebec - A 15-year-old girl with a peanut allergy died after kissing her boyfriend, who had just eaten a peanut butter snack, hospital officials said Monday.

Christina Desforges died in a Quebec hospital Wednesday after doctors were unable to treat her allergic reaction to the kiss the previous weekend.

Desforges, who lived in Saguenay, about 155 miles north of Quebec City, was almost immediately given a shot of adrenaline, a standard tool for treating the anaphylactic shock brought on by a peanut allergy, officials said.

An autopsy was being performed. Dr. Nina Verreault, an allergist at the Chicoutimi Hospital in Saguenay, declined to comment on the case.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051128/...da_deadly_kiss

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
    http://www.lousmit.com
    http://www.hometown.aol.com/summergirls0323/jonbenetramseypageindex.html

How sad... It is very scary for me to think of this, as my 2 1/2 year old son has a peanut allergy....

How sad for the young lady's family to lose her so young. I'm also thinking of her boyfriend. I can't imagine how he's feeling about what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by lisag
    How sad... It is very scary for me to think of this, as my 2 1/2 year old son has a peanut allergy....

My soon to be 19 year old son has a peanut allergy too. It is so horrifying to hear of this happening because I just constantly think of scenarios like this to discuss with him....."Matt, if you're at someone's house and they offer you a snack or a meal, be SURE to tell them you are highly allergic to peanuts." "Matt, if you're out with your girlfriend, don't kiss her if she's had peanuts recently" Matt, don't eat fried foods if they've used peanut oil...ASK them Matt, be sure they didn't use peanut oil." He is an adult now, and I can't watch him as closely as when he was little, and I am so afraid of something like this happening, just a scenario I haven't thought of and he won't think to take precautions.....

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux
    My soon to be 19 year old son has a peanut allergy too. It is so horrifying to hear of this happening because I just constantly think of scenarios like this to discuss with him....."Matt, if you're at someone's house and they offer you a snack or a meal, be SURE to tell them you are highly allergic to peanuts." "Matt, if you're out with your girlfriend, don't kiss her if she's had peanuts recently" Matt, don't eat fried foods if they've used peanut oil...ASK them Matt, be sure they didn't use peanut oil." He is an adult now, and I can't watch him as closely as when he was little, and I am so afraid of something like this happening, just a scenario I haven't thought of and he won't think to take precautions.....
    Good heavens - make sure he never tries any Thai food!

Im sorry, I didnt mean to scare all of you!!
    http://www.lousmit.com
    http://www.hometown.aol.com/summergirls0323/jonbenetramseypageindex.html

Quote Originally Posted by lisag
    ------------------

Lisag,I know what you mean.Our 5 year old grt.grandson is sooo allergic to peanuts and eggs.The school has two epipens,teacher has one and so does the Principal.It is a very frightening thing.

My niece was recently hospitalized due to her peanut allergy. She ate a non-peanut cookie that had been baked alongside peanut butter cookies (from the school cafeteria). The school nurse had an epipen but wasn't sure if she should use it before the paramedics got there. The doctor told her, "Next time, use it."

oh my god, so now you have to ask not only if something has peanuts, but also if it has been NEAR anything ELSE that has been made with peanuts?? that must be really tough for those with allergies, as well as those reposnible for answering the question!

does anyone know why this allergy seems to have exploded just in the last generation or so?? i don't ever rememeber hearing about it until recently.. when i was a kid, everyone ate peanuts & peanut butter all the time.
    i heard that it might be because of peanut products used in baby formula? don't know if that's true or not....

Its horrible. I have a son that is 14 months old, HIGHLY allerigic to peanuts, stopped breathing after having honey nut cheerios for the first time. Its extremly aggrivating because anytime we go anywhere that has peanuts or peanut products, i dont let him eat/touch anything that I dont provide. ITs easy for someone to say "I didnt touch those peanut items and then touch this or that" but how many wash hands after each touch? How many wash dishes good enough that there isnt residue?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Angels_Not_Forgotten
    Its horrible. I have a son that is 14 months old, HIGHLY allerigic to peanuts, stopped breathing after having honey nut cheerios for the first time. Its extremly aggrivating because anytime we go anywhere that has peanuts or peanut products, i dont let him eat/touch anything that I dont provide. ITs easy for someone to say "I didnt touch those peanut items and then touch this or that" but how many wash hands after each touch? How many wash dishes good enough that there isnt residue?
    My daughter is highly allergic and even reacts to the smell of peanuts. When she was 4, she reacted when a jar of peanut butter was opened from all the way across a large room in church. She had a severe reaction one time when we walked into a Chinese Restaurant.

She's almost 16 now and still allergic. This story scares me to death.

Quote Originally Posted by reb
    oh my god, so now you have to ask not only if something has peanuts, but also if it has been NEAR anything ELSE that has been made with peanuts?? that must be really tough for those with allergies, as well as those reposnible for answering the question!

does anyone know why this allergy seems to have exploded just in the last generation or so?? i don't ever rememeber hearing about it until recently.. when i was a kid, everyone ate peanuts & peanut butter all the time.
    i heard that it might be because of peanut products used in baby formula? don't know if that's true or not....
    This allergy has been around for a long time. My pediatrician told me it has caused many deaths of children over the years. It may be that children are surviving long enough to reproduce more often than in days before Epi-pens and that's why we're seeing more of it now.

Two of my daughters are highly allergic to milk products and one is allergic to peanuts as well. They didn't drink baby formula, they were nursed exclusively by me.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux
    It is scary when they are older with these allergies. My two teen girls have severe food allergies. I embarrassed them by telling them to make their boyfriends brush their teeth before kissing them.

This is very sad. Her friends were not aware of her allergy....

http://www.ksat.com/health/5437889/detail.html

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    I have heard that peanut allergies can also be caused by introducing foods made with peanuts too early in a baby/toddlers diet. Their little bodies aren't ready for it yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast