927 users online (177 members and 750 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    OH EM GEE. I just saw this. I am working out logistics now but I have to go. Have to!!!

I wish i could but it's a lil bit far from Germany...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I'm heading to CrimeCon. can't wait - I'm a little nervous as none of my local true crime buddies can go but this sound so too amazing to pass up!

Quote Originally Posted by selfmedicator View Post
    I'm heading to CrimeCon. can't wait - I'm a little nervous as none of my local true crime buddies can go but this sound so too amazing to pass up!
    Welcome, great news on a first post! Hope all those who are going will take photos and maybe blog about it on here?

fingers crossed. I may be able to go. So excited!
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    fingers crossed. I may be able to go. So excited!
    I hope you do! I'll have to watch from afar this time. Maybe next year...

Does anyone live in the 50 mile radius? I have just worked out I am 3868 miles away!

I am 20 miles from Indy.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Local station is running a contest to win a FREE CrimeCon VIP experience.

http://wishtv.com/2017/05/08/crimecon-vip-experience/

Also: WS should have unusual / brightly colored name tags to hand out that you could put your screen name on so we can find each other.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

I'm gonna just put this out there: I am VERY local to this and work downtown 2 days/ week. Indianapolis' downtown area is VERY walkable and safe. Lots of stuff in the local area if you bring the family including the world's largest children's museum, western/ Indian art museum, NCAA Hall of Champions, Indy Motor Speedway - great restaurants, a downtown shopping mall and lots more. Plenty of hotel space in walking distance from the convention center- decent prices. There are also many suburban areas to stay that are no more than 30 minutes drive from downtown. I'm more than happy to help you find hotel space and such- tell you what to avoid etc.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I want to go SOOO badly but WOW - it's expensive!!!!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful One View Post
    I want to go SOOO badly but WOW - it's expensive!!!!
    I know, right? I won't be able to afford it even driving in every day unless I win that contest.

I just registered! I've had a pretty stressful and sad semester, so Mr. Mouse has been encouraging me to treat myself to CrimeCon. (How weird it sounds to say that I'm cheering myself up by immersing myself in true crime for 3 days, but you guys know what I mean.) I agree it would be nice to maybe have a Websleuths badge of some sort--I'm too pathologically shy to ever actually talk to anyone in real life, but I might be able to work up enough courage to smile nervously at a fellow WS-er.

Oh, and PS: Thank you so much for hosting this in the Midwest! Usually everything's on one of the coasts and I can't manage the travel time, but I'm only an hour and a half from Indy--

I'd go in a million years if I could afford it. I am a writer too but not in true crime or crime reporting or anything like that. Hats off to the true crime writers out there. I could never do that. It would break my heart to talk to the families of the victims.

I'm attending, booked on a leap of faith last fall and saved a ton of $$. Making the drive in from the Detroit area.

Nina
    Host of the Already Gone Podcast

When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6