Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Farmington Hills PD: missing Danielle Stislicki a victim of a crime
DEC 19 2016

missing-womanfh.jpg

More than two weeks after Danielle Stislicki was reported missing, the Farmington Hills police said that all evidence and information indicates that she is the victim of a crime.

The Farmington Hills Police Department released a statement Monday saying that investigators have worked tirelessly and have "received extensive assistance and resources from federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies."

Police said they will not release further information about the case but say they are dedicated to solving it and finding Danielle.

Reward Reaches $125,000 as Family Pleads for Answers in Danielle Stislicki's Disappearance

Where is Danielle Stislicki?

It's a question that has been haunting the minds of the Michigan woman's family and friends for more than a week.

[...]

The last time anyone saw Danielle was Friday, December 2. She was last seen leaving her work at MetLife in Southfield, Michigan. The 28-year-old has worked there for nearly a decade, according to her mother Ann. Ann herself has worked at MetLife for more than 25 years, but wasn't in the office that Friday.

Danielle had set plans to meet a close friend for dinner, but she didn't show.

[...]

Anyone with information regarding the case, or who may have seen Danielle or her Jeep on December 2, is urged to call the Farmington Hills Police Department at (248) 871-2610.

Rules Etiquette & Information

http://www.finddani.org/

Find Danielle Stislicki

Case Map credit to steelman

WS member cujenn81 timeline of facts

Verified insiders:
Holocene

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Seven Weeks Since The Disappearance Of Danielle Stislicki
By Mera McKenna (Patch Staff) - January 20, 2017

FARMINGTON HILLS, MI — Seven weeks ago today is the last time Danielle Stislicki was seen. Now, loved ones have released new photos of Stislicki in the hopes of jogging someone's memory of seeing the young woman.

1484938356.jpg

The last major public announcement from the Farmington Hills Police came on Dec. 22, 2016 following the search of a Berkley home. Farmington Hills Police Chief Chuck Nebus immediately announced that search results would be kept private to protect the investigation.

Please make sure to read the following.

There will be zero tolerance of rumors being being posted.

If your stating fact you must provide a link to a credible mainstream media or law enforcement source.

No sleuthing family members or friends. Period.

SG's wife family and neighbors are off limits. Period.

WS rules are in place for a reason so disregarding them may result in the loss of posting privileges.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Thank you

#finddani

Just an update on this: Southfield PD and Mr. Stislicki (via FB messenger) confirmed that this is not Danielle. Danielle's father was very gracious that I at least made an effort. I hope I didn't cause him any pain. He did tell me that several others reached out to him with the same information and the Southfield PD confirmed with him that it wasn't DS. I know I am the last one to accept that it isn't her but I was just hoping for some hope.

As a side note, my wife and daughter are going to the self defense fundraiser for DS on Saturday. It's close to my house.

Thank you for sharing the update about the hotel surveillance video.

From Find Danielle Stislicki Facebook:

January 23 at 1:51pm ·

One of the Redford Girls, Danielle Frederick (Danielle #1) was contacted by Second Nature Self Defense to offer a women's only, 2 part, self defense class fundraiser. It will take place at Second Nature Self Defense in Plymouth, Michigan on January 28th (part 1), and February 11th (part 2). There is a minimum $20 per person donation to participate. Attendance is not required to give a donation of any size. Second Nature Self Defense will not profit from this event. All money will go towards the cause of locating Daniele Stislicki. Space is limited, so you must call to pre-register.

Regarding lack of searches-

Is it possible it has more to do with where LE knows would be a likely place to search vs what they are willing to tell the public/family?

I think the media and locals forced LE to give more info than they wanted to from the beginning regarding the searches of SG's home. They didn't mention a name specifically regarding whose home was being searched, but they did give an address and a past job title. Why didn't they announce the current job title? Why didn't they announce a name? Why did they say the wife had been in the hospital? Why didn't they just say a search was conducted at that residence and not mention anything else?

Could LE really tell family to start searching around the last place they KNOW DS was if the last known location was SG's home? I think LE have told the family not to search to keep them from that area. I think LE don't want the public to know they know there is evidence that put DS at SG's home. I think LE doesn't have enough evidence to prove a crime was committed but do have evidence DS was there.

Self defense is good. Sigh. The challenge is being prepared to defend yourself against someone you consider a friend, when you never saw it coming.

I've been blindsided by some people I thought were friends. But I don't think that is what you meant. I want my wife and little girl to at least have a fighting chance if someone tries something. My father in law was a vice and organized crime detective in Detroit so my wife knows a few things about taking care of herself. But it never hurts to learn more.

Self defense is good. Sigh. The challenge is being prepared to defend yourself against someone you consider a friend, when you never saw it coming.

I think LE doesn't have enough evidence to prove a crime was committed but do have evidence DS was there.
I have to disagree. LE stated back in December that all evidence indicated that Dani was the victim of a crime. They don't make statements like that casually.

It's impossible to know what evidence they have. They could have a swatch of carpeting with vomit containing both Dani's DNA and traces of a date rape drug. They could have evidence of blood spatter. We likely won't know what they have until charges are filed.

I think the request not to search relates to concerns about trespassing and safety. They don't want people breaking into abandoned buildings, they don't want people sticking their heads down into manholes and getting run over by cars in the process, etc.

I have to disagree. LE stated back in December that all evidence indicated that Dani was the victim of a crime. They don't make statements like that casually.

It's impossible to know what evidence they have. They could have a swatch of carpeting with vomit containing both Dani's DNA and traces of a date rape drug. They could have evidence of blood spatter. We likely won't know what they have until charges are filed.

I think the request not to search relates to concerns about trespassing and safety. They don't want people breaking into abandoned buildings, they don't want people sticking their heads down into manholes and getting run over by cars in the process, etc.

Question?
Would they be allowed to access her phone records if they didn't say she was a crime victim?

Question?
Would they be allowed to access her phone records if they didn't say she was a crime victim?

I believe you just need a missing persons report filed with the police in order to get the phone pinged and get the records.

Has it been stated somewhere if LE knows the location of the SG since Dec.3rd? Is he missing?

My thought process for asking the question is that if he IS "missing" maybe he has Dani held somewhere, and LE is just waiting for him to slip up and surface. Of course, I suppose then why not put out a pic of him, too. Just brainstorming out loud and trying to stay hopeful. #finddani

Question for you guys....

I totally understand the idea that LE does not want to show their hand and have discouraged anyone they've made privy to more info than the general public not to let anything leak. I think Holocene's reaction when someone crossed that line underscores the importance of it to them.

However, there is no avoiding the internet's wild speculation, SM's propensity for rumors to get out of hand, etc. It certainly seems like the more attention this case gets, the greater the likelihood of rampant speculating, rumor spreading and potentially dangerous leaking going on.

With this in mind, the focus on keeping the story in the forefront of everyone's mind and at the top of everyone's social media feeds seems counterproductive to me. If minimizing leaks and rumors was the goal to allow LE to successfully investigate and prosecute this case, wouldn't it be better to NOT be trying to put her face everywhere, NOT to shout from the highest mountain, etc. but instead try to keep this out of the news as much as possible?

Having said that, I am a mom and if, god forbid, anything ever happened to my child I can't even imagine what I would be thinking or doing, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be letting his story get less coverage. Still, the Stislicki family seems pretty committed to following LE's advice.

Do any of you feel like the goals of minimizing speculation/ leaks and blasting social media as much as possible are at odds with each other? And if so, how do you reconcile this?

I'm also a mother and as you stated, there's no telling what one would do in this situation. Other than not finding her, a big fear could be her story getting pushed to the back burner. With all of the speculation on the internet, I'm curious to know what the local conversations are surrounding her disappearance. I think the family has been very diplomatic in their responses on SM, deleting posts that could jeopardize the investigation and/or confirm the SG's involvement. They've shown a level of tactfulness that I'm quite certain I do not possess.

I honestly think all of the speculation and interest online is helping by making it known to the perp(s) that the pressure is not letting up anytime soon. DS's family isn't making any implications. But IMO, if they truly felt an innocent party was being falsely accused, they could easily make a statement through the FDS page. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen one.

Question for you guys....

I totally understand the idea that LE does not want to show their hand and have discouraged anyone they've made privy to more info than the general public not to let anything leak. I think Holocene's reaction when someone crossed that line underscores the importance of it to them.

However, there is no avoiding the internet's wild speculation, SM's propensity for rumors to get out of hand, etc. It certainly seems like the more attention this case gets, the greater the likelihood of rampant speculating, rumor spreading and potentially dangerous leaking going on.

With this in mind, the focus on keeping the story in the forefront of everyone's mind and at the top of everyone's social media feeds seems counterproductive to me. If minimizing leaks and rumors was the goal to allow LE to successfully investigate and prosecute this case, wouldn't it be better to NOT be trying to put her face everywhere, NOT to shout from the highest mountain, etc. but instead try to keep this out of the news as much as possible?

Having said that, I am a mom and if, god forbid, anything ever happened to my child I can't even imagine what I would be thinking or doing, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be letting his story get less coverage. Still, the Stislicki family seems pretty committed to following LE's advice.

Do any of you feel like the goals of minimizing speculation/ leaks and blasting social media as much as possible are at odds with each other? And if so, how do you reconcile this?

The SG is likely around because he has deactivated-activated-deactivated his FB, and had to help a sick wife. IP addresses and all that...

I'm also a mother and as you stated, there's no telling what one would do in this situation. Other than not finding her, a big fear could be her story getting pushed to the back burner. With all of the speculation on the internet, I'm curious to know what the local conversations are surrounding her disappearance. I think the family has been very diplomatic in their responses on SM, deleting posts that could jeopardize the investigation and/or confirm the SG's involvement. They've shown a level of tactfulness that I'm quite certain I do not possess.

I honestly think all of the speculation and interest online is helping by making it known to the perp(s) that the pressure is not letting up anytime soon. DS's family isn't making any implications. But IMO, if they truly felt an innocent party was being falsely accused, they could easily make a statement through the FDS page. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen one.

I agree with you -- if they felt that there was a great unfairness in all the attention directed at the SG, I believe they would have said so. Their silence on the matter speaks volumes.

Honestly, if I was family to his wife, I wouldn't want him anywhere around her....but that's just me.

Please tell where Dani is!!!! Shadow gets to come home soon, she's been found, though sadly is deceased. It's Dani's turn to come home!!!

Hi Soanyway,

The "thanks" button is not enough for this insightful and compassionate post of yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail