Found Safe SC - Devon Burton, 2, Anderson, 27 Jan 2017

hollye

Reaction score
aa81ff783059e3b78bee37b69a9214c2.jpg

Devon’s mother told officers she went to the store around 3:30 a.m. to get cigarettes and left her son with her father.

The mother told officers when she came home the child was missing. She told them he looked for the child for a while and then called 911 around 5:30 a.m.

The child, Devon Burton, is a 2-year-old. He is mixed-race with light skin and brown hair, police said. They said he was last seen at 203 Bailey Street wearing a black onesie with colored robots on it.

Officers looked for Devon at the father’s home in Gray Court, but Devon wasn’t there.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/search-underway-for-missing-2-year-old-in-upstate-police-say/8645723

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH no! It was cold last night, and now it's a few degrees above freezing. Please be ok little man.
Mom leaves at 3:30 to buy cigs, and gets back and he's gone.. how long does it take to get to the store and back? He was reported missing @5:30!

Suerly they've searched the house from top to bottom. Does anyone know anything about the neighborhood? I wonder if she was caught on security cameras buying her cigs.

From what I've gathered so far, there is a steep gully about 200 yards from the house. They mentioned something about a river being nearby. Devon is wearing a black onesie. So he won't be very warm or visible. They brought in dogs, but could not pick up a scent. Possibly due to many people walking in the area. I thought I heard them say Devon and his mom had only been living at her father's house for about 2 weeks.

The mother says she left around 3:30 am to get cigs. Devon and his grandfather were both sleeping. When she came back, she couldn't find the baby. They searched for him and finally called 911 around 5:30 am.

They have helicopters and drones searching right now.

Why am I not believing a word of the the mother's story. I must be too jaded.

The LEO that spoke to the reporters a little while ago said the grandfather was inside the residence, but that he thought the mother was with investigators. I'm guessing that means she's at the station.

According to the link in the first post, LE spoke to Devon's father but now want to speak to him again - the wording suggests they need info on where to find him. Fingers crossed he's got Devon and no harm has come to him.

Creamer said officers talked with the child's father early Friday morning in Gray Court, where he lives, and the child was not with him.

Around 9 a.m. officers sent information to the media asking for the public's help in finding the child's father, Randolph Burton. They said they would like to contact him again for some follow-up questions.

Police said the child's mother and grandfather are speaking with officers.

Yes, I was just looking at that - wondering why the child's father went MIA so quick. Finger crossed this child is safe.

Yes, I was just looking at that - wondering why the child's father went MIA so quick. Finger crossed this child is safe.

The father lives 50 miles away and I believe they only spoke to him by phone the first time. Not sure though.

Another young child gone in the middle of the night....

Devon’s mother, Heather Knight, told officers she went to the store around 3:30 a.m. to get cigarettes and left Devon with her father at her home, Creamer said.

Creamer said that at that time, officers went to Devon’s father’s house in Gray Court and spoke with him. He said the child was not with his father.

Around 9 a.m., wanting to speak to him again, but unable to find him, officers sent information to the media asking for the public's help in finding Devon’s father, Randolph Burton.

Knight told officers that she and Burton had recently had a disagreement.

be9b681db4eab196df74f2f5096b49e3.jpg

http://www.wyff4.com/article/search-underway-for-missing-2-year-old-in-upstate-police-say/8645723

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I hate this whole story already. Every bit of it. Step 1- verify the random 330 am "cigarette run". And while you're at it, ping that phone to see where it traveled under the cover of night. I'm mad already. It would be quite the coincidence to randomly leave at 3 30 am and someone was randomly ready and waiting to pounce on the child. I only hope baby didn't hear her leave and follow out after her. But I think the dogs would have picked that up. He wouldn't be far.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Found this pic on the mother's FB. It was posted in July.

Attachments

• 12a.jpg
    12a.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 161

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members