1292 users online (263 members and 1029 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin_go_bragh
    It's frustrating how few people in Houston actually even know of these crimes! You'd think people would be more concerned for their wives, daughters, and mothers. However, many are ignorant of the cases...
    Thats not actually true, many of us remember Jessica from the news. It was a very very big deal when it happened. Not a day went by when we didnt have her story in the papers and on the tv. Most people who have lived in Houston since the 80's will remember this story very well. They will also be familiar with the killing fields as everyone I mentioned it to knew exactly what it was.

I also remember a jane doe who was nicknamed orange sock (or some color sock) who was found in that area. My memory could be completely wrong mind you. I couldnt find anything on her when I did a search. Maybe she was identified *fingers crossed*

orang socks and crimes

Orange sock mentioned on webpage.
    http://www.missingtrio.com/TRIO/news.htm

Other mentions of orange socks in murders:
    tying together 2 murders:
    http://www.rockymountaincoldcase.com/

http://www.cozine.com/archive/cc2005/01410081.html

". . .(an orange sock had been stuffed down Taggs’s throat). . ."
    http://adsl-63-202-25-19.dsl.snfc21....-P-v-Kraft.htm

not sure the last article is in any way connected to any other crime but it showed up in search results so I included it.

Quote Originally Posted by docwho3
    Orange sock mentioned on webpage.
    http://www.missingtrio.com/TRIO/news.htm
    Its this one. She was from Houston and coming back. Thanks for finding this, Id always wondered what happened to her.

Kate

orange socks?

One thing that came to mind as I researched orange socks being found on or near murder victems was to question if there might have been an "orange sock serial killer" operating between approximately 1978 and 1982 (or 1983.)

Or were orange socks just very popular in those years?

Or do we need an "orange sock" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by docwho3 View Post
    One thing that came to mind as I researched orange socks being found on or near murder victems was to question if there might have been an "orange sock serial killer" operating between approximately 1978 and 1982 (or 1983.)

Or were orange socks just very popular in those years?

Or do we need an "orange sock" thread?
    I recall a woman named,and please forgive me if i destroy the spelling here, Bobbi Sue or Bobbi jo Oboholtszer,or something close to that from the show UNSOLVED MYSTERIES. She was kidnapped by a guy in a van out in some wstern state like Colorado,or some place where there was snow.She was raped,and while getting dressed,had accidentally put on a orange sock or was it a red one,allong with her own sock,that was normal color. Anyhow she jumped out and ran,and was shot in the back and left to die in the snow. Later that day,or the next day,another woman was kidnapped,and the same thing happened, she had put on one orange sock too,and was killed. So they found both women,each with the matching sock to each other in their feet. I cant remember all the details, but it was definately on Unsolved Mysteries!
    Follow me on Twitter @TrueCrimeGuy or via my sites
    http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
    & TrueCrimeGuy.com

Morf I remember that case on UM...actually watched it a month or so ago. It was such a sad case to say the least. I also remember a case where a body (unsure if it was a skeleton already or not, I think it was) that had only a pair of orange socks on the feet. It was a UID. I swear it's a really big case, like the Boy in the Box. I believe this is the case http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s..._lucas/13.html
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Apparently, there's a film being produced based on the murders:

Little is known about the script, except that it’s about two cops who realize that the latest murder in their jurisdiction connects their case to the notorious killing fields murders. The killing field murders concern four bodies that were found in the same place in Texas — along Interstate 45 near Calder Road in League City. Two of the bodies are still unidentified, and all four murders remain unsolved. I suspect the script is a fictional account inspired by those murders, and it certainly does sound dark. But with Cooper and Worthington attached, it should have no problem moving ahead.
    Link

Also, from what little can be found, it may have been written by an ex-cop from Galveston... We'll see.

Looks interesting, I have done some research on these killings and the way they paralelled the Zodiac murders as far as timeline, MO, etc

I will certainly watch this film
    Follow me on Twitter @TrueCrimeGuy or via my sites
    http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
    & TrueCrimeGuy.com

I spent the majority of yest afternoon reading the letter and looking at the case of the killing field and the connections to the corvette concepts murder which happened one year prior to the first killing field victim being found. The letter to tim miller is signed PhanTOM i knew right away i would find a tom somewhere in the corvet murders. One of the victims names was tommy mcgraw. He was an oilfield worker. The killing field was an abandon oil field...hence the main connections. The corvette murders are a he said she said field day...whoever murdered beth wilburn enjoyed it. Stabbing her so many times they thought she was killed by a shot gun at first. the letter also states that the girls in the killing field were killed because they looked enough like someone....they all resemeble beth wilburn. Could the killer be reliving his first kill?

http://psu-sk.tripod.com/frames/i45-calder.html

Any official LE documents?
    Or Videos?
    And I am having a problem in finding good copies of the letters.
    If any one can link a thread to those, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by :+:MrTT:+:; 09-09-2010 at 09:23 PM.

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 1952–1 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

yeah ill tell ya where later

Quote Originally Posted by :+:MrTT:+: View Post
    http://psu-sk.tripod.com/frames/i45-calder.html

Any official LE documents?
    Or Videos?
    And I am having a problem in finding good copies of the letters.
    If any one can link a thread to those, it would be greatly appreciated.
    There are links to jpg's of the letter in post # 15 of this thread by Erin go Braugh.

I have lived in the area all my life and have certainly heard of the Calder Killing Fields but have never studied the case besides reading all the news articles. Does anyone believe the letter is really from the killer? I guess there's no way of knowing. I didn't see anything in the letter that was not known by the public, but maybe I missed something. Would love to hear opinions.

I'd also like more info on the Corvette Concept's murders. It's weird that I have no memory of the crime but I remember the place. Although I was a teenager at the time so I didn't really pay much attention to the news.

Since I'm local I would be more than willing to do any research here I could. As far as LE documents, could I file a FOIA request with the police dept or something? I don't know how anything like that works so if y'all have suggestions or any requests just let me know and I'll try to help.
    Last edited by Dear Prudence; 09-10-2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: sp.

There was something in the letter that had 4 maybe 5 or 6...... which could point to one of the 4 girls in the killing fields was pregnant.In other words it appears someone is trying to leave details that the killer would know(In the letter). but most of that type of info i think they keep from the public since the cases were never solved. Whoever wrote the letter is insinuating the cases are connected and after looking at them they may be. I will try to copy and paste an article from the galveston newspaper on the corvette murders so much info is listed. The last person at the scene, The ex bf/ current business partner of the victim etc. Its a verty interesting case. Another thing that connects the cases the address to the business is west main and the convenience store where two of the victims from the killing fields were missing from is west main and hobbs. I also wondered if the person who abducted the girls after they used the phone was listening in on thier conversations some how????? was that technology available back then? I wondered if he/she lived near there the girls were taken over a year apart from the same spot? both on the first of the month , different months.
    Last edited by Andi041; 09-10-2010 at 04:15 PM.

http://thepolicenews.net/html/gcpnmar06final.pdf

try this link it has a full length article pages long lots of details.

yw DP let me know if u dig anything up( that was a bad saying to use)! im trying to learn to navigate this site its a lil tricky

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast