Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ikoihil View Post
    Oops, I accidentally added my mom to 90's instead of 80's. That just seems so long ago.

Thanks for the verification info; I've emailed them with my details.

I'm still trying to dig up that other information about the cases I've heard about and think about random stuff people have told me. I guess it's kind of common around here, so ..."oh, they found another one" and then you don't get the name. Plus, when you're a kid, details don't stick with you quite as much. Good thing I've got google!
    Good thing Bessie came to the rescue to get you verified. I've never done it but if I do need to know I now know how! lol

Thanks Bessie!
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    Good thing Bessie came to the rescue to get you verified. I've never done it but if I do need to know I now know how! lol

Thanks Bessie!
    Absolutely - but admin had contacted me directly giving me great instructions and asking for my verification info before I'd seen Bessie's post anyhoo... Word gets around quick! ^_^

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ikoihil For This Useful Post:

Oh, great, ikoihil. I'm glad that's being taken care of. There's a lot to do here. It's going to be a very interesting thread. I'll be glad to chip in and help out tomorrow. Right now I'm trying to read to get caught up but my eyelids are getting very heavy. 'Nite all.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ikoihil View Post
    Absolutely - but admin had contacted me directly giving me great instructions and asking for my verification info before I'd seen Bessie's post anyhoo... Word gets around quick! ^_^
    Nothing slack about out Mods! Couldn't do it without them!

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

LETTER TO TIM MILLER

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

I'm reading but so far behind in all the cases. I never even read about Tim Miller's daughter. In the note to Tim Miller, where it states: "the very first kills in the series was some other guy too" (this reads like he had a partner)

If a cop is involved he would know all the criminals, and I'm willing to bet he had someone in on some of his kills. A partnership so to speak! He did them favors and they did him favors, heck it could be more than 1 person.

I haven't watched Killing Fields yet, don't know where to locate it. Going to go try to find it now.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    I'm reading but so far behind in all the cases. I never even read about Tim Miller's daughter. In the note to Tim Miller, where it states: "the very first kills in the series was some other guy too" (this reads like he had a partner)

If a cop is involved he would know all the criminals, and I'm willing to bet he had someone in on some of his kills. A partnership so to speak! He did them favors and they did him favors, heck it could be more than 1 person.

I haven't watched Killing Fields yet, don't know where to locate it. Going to go try to find it now.
    I'm sure the hispanics and asians were a different killer or 2 killers. I think it is possible all those who were not young/teens and brown haired were a different killer.
    jmo
    Last edited by JeannieC; 10-23-2011 at 05:48 AM.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Just found this - the most recent confessional interview (re: 1970's victims) I've run across:

Monday, September 26, 2011

He calls his victims the "Eleven that went to Heaven."

Edward Harold Bell, admitted sex offender, convicted murderer and self-described serial killer, has given multiple chilling confessions from his locked prison cell of abducting and slaying teenage and adolescent girls in the 1970s, describing crimes even now unsolved.

In disturbing letters sent to Harris and Galveston county prosecutors in 1998 - but kept secret for 13 years - Bell claimed to have killed seven girls, including two Galveston 15-year-olds shot as they stood tied up and half naked in the chilly waters of Turner Bayou, according to excerpts and descriptions of Bell's letters obtained by the Houston Chronicle.

In July and September, in exclusive interviews, Bell, now gaunt and pasty-faced at 72, told a Chronicle reporter the tally of lives was not just seven, but 11, the "Eleven that went to Heaven."

BELL'S SUPPOSED VICTIMS

Bell named four of his alleged victims; in seven other cases he provided years, places or descriptions, which the Chronicle compared against police and forensic reports and interviews to determine possible matches:

Colette Anise Wilson: Wilson, 13, disappeared June 17, 1971, after a bus driver dropped her off near her home north of Alvin.

Debbie Ackerman and Maria Johnson: Ackerman and Johnson, 15-year-old best friends from Galveston, disappeared Nov. 17, 1971

Kimberly Rae Pitchford: Pitchford, 16, never came home after attending driver's ed class at Frank Dobie High School off of Beamer in Houston on Jan. 3, 1973.

Two unnamed girls from Webster in 1971: Sharon Shaw and Rhonda Renee Johnson, both 14, abducted and murdered together after a day at the beach in Galveston on Aug. 4, 1971.

Two unnamed Dickinson girls: Georgia Geer, 14, disappeared with friend Brooks Bracewell, 12, after the middle school students skipped classes Sept. 6, 1974. Last seen at a convenience store.

Unnamed brunette girl from west Houston: Possibly Gloria Ann Gonzales, 19, reported missing by her roommate in West Houston in October 1971; remains were found near Colette Wilson's.

Unnamed girl picked up off Highway 2004 near Santa Fe: Possibly Nina Lynn Kluge, 16, of Cypress, who failed to arrive home Oct. 22, 1975, after visiting friends in Rosharon. Her car was found abandoned along Texas 6, about four miles west of Santa Fe.

Unnamed Houston girl with red or blonde hair killed in mid-1970s: No further information.

OTHERS WHO WERE SUSPECTS

Men previously identified as possible perpetrators of a 1970s killing spree involving an estimated 21 victims in Brazoria, Harris and Galveston counties.

Michael Lloyd Self: A a League City mechanic, convicted in 1972 for the murder of Sharon Shaw. But his conviction was tainted by corrupt police officers who used Russian roulette to obtain two conflicting confessions and who themselves were later convicted of bank robbery. Self died in prison in 2000. His attorneys say he was never told of Bell's letters.

Charlie Hitzfelder Jr.: The son of a former Medina County Sheriff and considered a suspect in several unsolved murder cases here. He died in 1998.

Harry Andrew Lanham and an accomplice, Tony Knoppa, were convicted in 1971 in the shooting death of Linda Sutherlin, a 21-year-old Houston woman found dead in Brazoria County. Lanham was awaiting trial for a teen's murder in Montgomery County and was considered a suspect in other cases when he was killed by police in a 1972 escape in Harris County.

LISE OLSEN, Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...er-2187501.php

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ikoihil For This Useful Post:

It just came out in theatres yesterday, so check your movie listings.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ikoihil For This Useful Post:

That note sends chills down my spine. I'm so sorry for what this person did to Tim Miller and his wife. He's a cruel and heartless person. Even worse was what was done at her death site! I think this guy wanted to be dubed the "Phantom" and all he is dubed is killer.

Didn't get "credit" for all his kills because others came into the area. I bet that really bothers him. He'll never have his own place as a serial killer. He's in a crowd with others and no one knows exactly what he did!

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Jeannie I haven't read that case at all. What link is best to read it, don't tell me there are 40 threads here on WS. I'll never be able to read all that.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

48 hours Mystery - The Killing Fields

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/48ho...l?tag=hdr;snav

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Jeannie I haven't read that case at all. What link is best to read it, don't tell me there are 40 threads here on WS. I'll never be able to read all that.
    Start with the 48 Hours Mystery. Its brief but helps. I have links in the Media Thread too.

In 1970's 10 young girls were murdered, in 1980's at least 13 were murdered ,1990's there were 16 or more and in 00's there were 6. The total was 60 or more. We're still getting our names and places together.

One of our Sleuthers' mother was among the victims. Not all were placed in the fields. Some were killed in homes. Some were left on the side of roads, some in swamps, creeks, lakes. It was a killing spree and more than one serial killer was involved.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

commercial break, my heart is very heavy right now!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

Bell claims a brainwashing "program" forced him to "be a flasher," to "rape girls" and ultimately to kill.

Edward Harold Bell, now 72, called his victims the "Eleven that went to Heaven."
    Claimed he was brainwashed to kill
    Last edited by JeannieC; 10-23-2011 at 05:46 AM.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540