698 users online (57 members and 641 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 126 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

The defendant wiped his eyes as he listened to a recording of himself being interviewed by detectives, following his arrest in April.

As he was asked about the note millionaire children's author, Mrs Bailey allegedly left before her disappearance, Stewart was heard telling officers: "The note was handwriting, it wasn't typed. I thought it was Helen's.

"And she signed the note, no one else would have signed it like that. LB is a nickname I had for Helen, my nickname is BB. It's going back to when we first met. She was little bean and I was big bean."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/266726...uthor-missing/

The fiance of children's author Helen Bailey "grinned" at police officers as they attempted to question him about her sudden disappearance, a court has heard.

Ian Stewart, 56, of Royston, Hertfordshire, is accused of drugging and killing the Electra Brown writer in a financially motivated plot last year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-police-tried/

Sgt Nicole Goodyear told the court Mr Stewart followed police "everywhere" during a search on 15 April.

She said: "He was very interested in what we were doing, he wanted to know what we were doing and why."

Mr Stewart also denies preventing a lawful burial, fraud and three counts of perverting the course of justice.

The trial continues.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-b...herts-38692970

UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016
    Thread #2

Thread #3

Please continue discussing here.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Signing in.

Perhaps the timing was all to do with the sale of the Gateshead property, the only property which hadn't been bequeathed to him. If he thought that sale would go ahead with Helen missing, that is money that I think would have gone into their joint account. I say that because Helen said to the solicitor she would take IS's id for them at her next appointment. I can't think why else they would need his id.

I think Helen's 'interim will' is natural, one doesn't know how to proceed to a full conclusion, without much thought. After protecting IS and his Sons, she needed to return to 'herself' - her sharing of 'prosperous wealth' with JS - and that which honours the Son and Daughter of JS.
    She also had a loving deep relationship with her Brother, and before IS, he was her main man since the demise of JS.
    I believe - that through the inability to SHARE within the makeup of IS - he did not only wish to possess the money, he wished to possess Helen.
    I don't think he could ever 'possess' Helen - she was quite beyond this. And would have analysed him - and every part of her life regularly.
    Could it be - behind closed of beautiful 'mansion' - there was a battle of control. Helen cautious in her funds (and yet so generous to him) and IS keeping his accounts of his money safe like, off shore to Helen.
    He then has an answer for EVERYTHING - when he drives from Broadstairs to Surrey to pester Tony Hurley - he is thinking ... how to do this? Ah yes ... I shall pretend jealousy, and while I suggest you have something big with Helen . I can excuse my desperation, my madness in driving toward my Prize.
    IS has great energy when he needs it .. whether to the tip, to the bowls, to Surrey ... and how the Defence can ever say he did not have the energy to achieve his greatest aim in the demise of Helen. The person who offered him MORE than he had ever, ever had in his life within love and consideration and tenderness.

Yes, he got more done that day than I manage most weeks.

In the week before there are two incidents of drugging that we know of.

Monday 4th was the morning Helen slept for 5 hours. IS' parents visited while Helen was asleep.

Tuesday 5th Helen went to see the solicitor about the sale of her Gateshead property. That was also the day IS received the all clear over his cancer scare. Helen met her friend Margaret.

Friday 8th Helen searched internet 'can't stop falling asleep'. She cancelled her 2:30 follow up appointment with the solicitor and re-booked for Monday, IS said it was because she kept falling asleep/was unwell. IS says they found out Brocket Hall was not available. Did this phone call happen while Helen was asleep?? (or did they visit?)

Sat 9th They are in Tesco with the phone incident. Sometime this weekend IS does his first drive since his op, with Jamie. Is it to test his stamina? Jamie was surprised he drove to Cambridge on Monday night.
    Sun 10th IS went out for a long walk with Helen and Boris, to get his fitness back.

"faybradshaw - Yes, after today's evidence I'm coming to the same conclusion. Something doesn't add up about the day he chose to do the awful deed, and his muddled cover up. There's a piece of the jigsaw missing and on balance it's probably some kind of confrontation between him and Helen which made him decide to act there and then. He had been planning it and thinking about if for so long, actually doing it probably wasn;t too much of a leap for him (especially if he has ever got away with something like this in the past)."

Maybe Helen talked about going for some tests to find out what was wrong with her...
    I also still think re why he didn`t wait until they were married - he just couldn`t afford to have another wife die suddenly. I presume the situation regarding his first wife is not widely known to certain people in the court room.

There are two stories about Brocket Hall. One is that they couldn't do the dates. The other is that they had removed certain furnishings.

Seems odd that there were two problems. I wonder if they will be called as a witness.

What was the Tesco phone incident? I seem to have missed that.
    Was it the incident with a scanner related by her mother to the court:
    "There was a Tesco incident when she came back to her car with the scanner in her hand, but the main one was when she lost the dog on the beach and just went home - that would not have happened previously.
    "I was reassuring her on the Tesco incident, I didn't think it was a big deal but afterwards thinking about it it was just another memory problem."
    Last edited by Moll; 01-31-2017 at 07:00 PM. Reason: To add information I had found that I'd previously forgotten!

Sincere apologies for these O/T links but this is the only place where I can get this message out to all who followed the OP trial. You will be totally shocked.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...cused-20170131

Media briefing with Nel:

http://www.enca.com/south-africa/cat...ith-gerrie-nel

Quote Originally Posted by Moll View Post
    What was the Tesco phone incident? I seem to have missed that.
    Was it the incident with a scanner related by her mother to the court:
    "There was a Tesco incident when she came back to her car with the scanner in her hand, but the main one was when she lost the dog on the beach and just went home - that would not have happened previously.
    "I was reassuring her on the Tesco incident, I didn't think it was a big deal but afterwards thinking about it it was just another memory problem."
    There was CCTV of them together in Tesco. There had been a shoplifting incident and the security guard asked IS if he could use his phone. IS denies it was him on the CCTV.

I think the prosecution is using this incident to prove his phone identification and subsequent activity, because they never received his phone. He lost it. (cough)

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    There was CCTV of them together in Tesco. There had been a shoplifting incident and the security guard asked IS if he could use his phone. IS denies it was him on the CCTV.

I think the prosecution is using this incident to prove his phone identification and subsequent activity, because they never received his phone. He lost it. (cough)
    I want to know more about this for a few reasons. A big one is because I work at Tesco and I cannot think of a situation where a staff member would ask to borrow a customer's phone.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle230 View Post
    "faybradshaw - Yes, after today's evidence I'm coming to the same conclusion. Something doesn't add up about the day he chose to do the awful deed, and his muddled cover up. There's a piece of the jigsaw missing and on balance it's probably some kind of confrontation between him and Helen which made him decide to act there and then. He had been planning it and thinking about if for so long, actually doing it probably wasn;t too much of a leap for him (especially if he has ever got away with something like this in the past)."

Maybe Helen talked about going for some tests to find out what was wrong with her...
    I also still think re why he didn`t wait until they were married - he just couldn`t afford to have another wife die suddenly. I presume the situation regarding his first wife is not widely known to certain people in the court room.
    But there must have been an argument or something that triggered him, either from the days before or very early on the Monday morning....because Helen was on line more or less continuously from 8.16 to 10.58
    And if they were arguing early Monday, then I don't see how she would be on line, happily chatting re weddings and looking at venues.
    Plus he had to have administered a dosage that morning in order to be able to murder her with zero resistance. Unless of course she was, unwittingly, self medicating via her herbal tablets.
    My guess is there was a disagreement over the weekend, or perhaps a discussion about Helen finally getting her Will tidied up and this triggered him to take the first available opportunity, which would be the Monday when no one else in the house.

Thanks, hunkerdown for the recommendation of "The Widower", have found it on daily motion, so will try one of the episodes

And thanks to Lit Up for your feedback on today. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyce View Post
    But there must have been an argument or something that triggered him, either from the days before or very early on the Monday morning....because Helen was on line more or less continuously from 8.16 to 10.58
    And if they were arguing early Monday, then I don't see how she would be on line, happily chatting re weddings and looking at venues.
    Plus he had to have administered a dosage that morning in order to be able to murder her with zero resistance. Unless of course she was, unwittingly, self medicating via her herbal tablets.
    My guess is there was a disagreement over the weekend, or perhaps a discussion about Helen finally getting her Will tidied up and this triggered him to take the first available opportunity, which would be the Monday when no one else in the house.
    I have a feeling it might be a case of HB collapsing from an adverse reaction to the drug, either by overdosage or withdrawal and a fit. I am sure he would have known the side effects of the drug. No sign of a struggle, no injuries. Maybe she fell unconscious and he smothered her. Not too sure there was even an argument or falling out. He had obviously been working up to her death as he had been drugging her for at least three months.
    Last edited by Interested Bystander; 01-31-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Page 1 of 126 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast