OH OH - Beverly Mastny, 15, Broadview Heights, 21 Sept 1953

Odyssey

Verfied Insider Diane Genice Dye
Reaction score
NamUs profile
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/35164

There are no details about the circumstances, and I couldn't find any articles from when she disappeared. I do believe her case was publicized though, because I did find an article from El Paso, TX 3 years later. This article states that an El Paso man was approached by a woman at the post office and he recognized her from a detective magazine. He said she told him she had no money for a hotel and he gave her $4.00. He said she told him her name was Beverly.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/67388845/

(The free version is at the bottom and it starts right after a long religious article)

Maybe someone with subscriptions could find out more?

NamUs profile
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

There are no details about the circumstances, and I couldn't find any articles from when she disappeared. I do believe her case was publicized though, because I did find an article from El Paso, TX 3 years later. This article states that an El Paso man was approached by a woman at the post office and he recognized her from a detective magazine. He said she told him she had no money for a hotel and he gave her $4.00. He said she told him her name was Beverly.

El Paso Herald-Post from El Paso, Texas on March 20, 1957 · Page 17

(The free version is at the bottom and it starts right after a long religious article)

I have a bit of a theory about this case because of how I came across it

If you believe that man in El Paso, she was still alive in Jan 1957 when she was sighted one last time before never being seen again. A month later the boy in the box was found. Is it possible she had a child no one knew about and that’s why she ran away? She was only 15 and ran away with a guy from Texas.. and the boy in the box was found 5 hours from where she lived. Just a thought.

Beverly Catherine Mastny

beverly_catherine_mastny_1.jpg

Beverly, circa 1953

• Missing Since 09/23/1953
  • Missing From Broadview Heights, Ohio
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'10 - 5'0, 100 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Beverly wears eyeglasses and has a prominent nose.
Details of Disappearance

Beverly was last seen in Broadview Heights, Ohio on September 23, 1953. She and a local truck driver, C.B. Lewis, registered at a Medina, Ohio hotel as a married couple that night, and she was seen walking in town the next day.

Lewis was later arrested in Texas for passing bad checks; Beverly wasn't with him at the time and she has never been heard from again. She may have been sighted in El Paso, Texas in January 1956 or 1957, but this hasn't been confirmed. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
  • Akron Police Department 330-375-2530
Source Information

NamUs profile
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/35164

El Paso Herald-Post from El Paso, Texas on March 20, 1957 · Page 17

I read your message with deep interest. I started my writing career with True Crime Detective Magazines. I'd like to know which issue the young lady may have been in. Ebay also sells lots of back issues as well.

Hmm, that makes it sound as though she may have been in contact with her parents but wouldn't say where she was. I hope that's the case. In cases like this I like to think the person just moved and went on to live a life somewhere.

Has Little Miss X ever been considered? She was possibly spotted in 1957 in El Paso Texas according to Charley Project. Here is Beverly for comparison. I have already submitted via LE and NamUs. I know that Beverly would be 18 or 19 by the time but Doe Network lists the oldest possible age as 17 instead of 14. 17 is 1 or 2 years off but I think they look similar and is one of the few I never really saw being talked about probably because she ran away years prior.
Left: (Beverly Mastny) Right: (Little Miss X)
Original

I think the two's jaw and face shape are very similar. Let me know what you think! I understand we can't really get a confirmed match as they lost Little Miss X's body but if they ever come across her DNA then they can test! I also don't know if they have Beverly's Dentals but if they do that's great as I believe Little Miss X's dentals are!

Has Little Miss X ever been considered? She was possibly spotted in 1957 in El Paso Texas according to Charley Project. Here is Beverly for comparison. I have already submitted via LE and NamUs. I know that Beverly would be 18 or 19 by the time but Doe Network lists the oldest possible age as 17 instead of 14. 17 is 1 or 2 years off but I think they look similar and is one of the few I never really saw being talked about probably because she ran away years prior.
Left: (Beverly Mastny) Right: (Little Miss X)
Original

I think the two's jaw and face shape are very similar. Let me know what you think! I understand we can't really get a confirmed match as they lost Little Miss X's body but if they ever come across her DNA then they can test! I also don't know if they have Beverly's Dentals but if they do that's great as I believe Little Miss X's dentals are!
I think it’s a good possibility!

Is it me or does the picture of Beverly make her look much older than 15??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back