Woman fired for not being Christian enough

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Religion can be trouble in workplace
By PAMELA REEVES, Anderson, Reeves & Cooper P.A.
December 21, 2003

A case filed in federal court in Nashville two weeks ago illustrates why employers need to make sure their employees' religious beliefs remain outside the workplace.

The case was filed by a woman who adheres to the Baha'i faith, a sect that believes several religious figures are equally authentic messengers of God.

The lawsuit alleges that when she was fired, she was told that she was being fired before the Christmas season because her mere presence in the workplace would ruin her co-worker's holidays.

Full Story

I don’t know about you, but that would certainly give me the red bum! Work is work, and Religion is religion. Someone’s religion shouldn’t be anyone’s business but his or her own. Especially in a working environment.

I agree oh-toasty-one :)

Unless maybe your work is directly related to Religion.. (ie) the Catholic Schools in our area require the teachers to be Catholic and participate in school masses.. etc.

My boss once informed me that she was "just as important as the Pope." Is it any wonder that I'm job seeking?????

Originally posted by Yakwoman
Nope - Just a big head!!!

LOL that is funny

( hope you don't go to hell for saying that :evil: )

Originally posted by Casshew
( hope you don't go to hell for saying that :evil: )

Well, I figure that whichever "place" I eventually end up, I'm bound to know somebody......
:dance:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back