MI - Macomb County: Limit halftime bathroom breaks during Super Bowl

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Eat And Drink All You Want, But Limit Super Bowl Halftime Bathroom Breaks In Macomb*County

February 3, 2017 11:53 AM

FRASER*(WWJ) – Macomb County officials have an unusual, but quite serious, special request for residents on Sunday.

“I can’t believe I’m lecturing people on their bathroom…you know, what they’re doing in there, but we really need to think about that, if it’s possible, if they could all not flush their toilets at the same time here at Super Bowl halftime,” Public Works Commissioner Candice Miller said...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/02...oncern-in-macomb-county-on-super-bowl-sunday/

Don’t flush: Super Bowl could harm sinkhole

Associated Press Published 4:03 p.m. ET Feb. 3, 2017 | Updated 15 minutes ago

Fraser — A giant sinkhole in suburban Detroit is being threatened by the Super Bowl.

Macomb County public works chief Candice Miller is worried that thousands of football fans will flush toilets at halftime Sunday night. She tells radio station WWJ that it could overwhelm a broken sewer line blamed for the sinkhole.

Miller says her bathroom advice “sounds crazy.” But she fears trouble unless people are willing to hold it — or at least not immediately flush...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/macomb-county/2017/02/03/fraser-sinkhole-flush/97458438/

This is so sad that the infrastructure is so damaged that this is a request needed by any official.

There's good old saying my father told me ...
"If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down"
Well a idea lol

I saw on the news yesterday where one of the reporters said toilets are flushed more often during the Super Bowl half-time show than at any other time in our country. This includes everyone living in the US who is watching the game. What that told me is very little actually watch the half-time show even though their television is still on.

I guess this must mean that many who are watching on tv or online dont really care that much about missing the half-time show. I know we will be watching every minute of the game like we always do but we are never that interested in the half-time show and use that time not to only use the bathroom or let our doggies out for a potty break but we use that time to go get more treats from the kitchen I have prepared for today's game for the big crowd we are having come over.

I can only remember one or two times in the last couple of decades staying put in front of the TV to watch the half-time show. This year will not be one of those times.

Its sad though that some cities even have to worry about sinkholes during half-time. We have really grossly neglected so much of our country which has become aged and structurally unsound. It infuriates me in many ways since we give billions away to other countries every year yet never have seemed to care about our own aging infrastructure which is decaying and unsafe.:( Because it has been left undone for so long now it will take trillions of taxpayer dollars to repair and update all of our infrastructure which is crumbling due to neglect.

I saw on the news yesterday where one of the reporters said toilets are flushed more often during the Super Bowl half-time show than at any other time in our country. This includes everyone living in the US who is watching the game. What that told me is very little actually watch the half-time show even though their television is still on.

I guess this must mean that many who are watching on tv or online dont really care that much about missing the half-time show. I know we will be watching every minute of the game like we always do but we are never that interested in the half-time show and use that time not to only use the bathroom or let our doggies out for a potty break but we use that time to go get more treats from the kitchen I have prepared for today's game for the big crowd we are having come over.

I can only remember one or two times in the last couple of decades staying put in front of the TV to watch the half-time show. This year will not be one of those times.

Its sad though that some cities even have to worry about sinkholes during half-time. We have really grossly neglected so much of our country which has become aged and structurally unsound. It infuriates me in many ways since we give billions away to other countries every year yet never have seemed to care about our own aging infrastructure which is decaying and unsafe.:( Because it has been left undone for so long now it will take trillions of taxpayer dollars to repair and update all of our infrastructure which is crumbling due to neglect.

I agree.
What really irks me is the missed opportunity not too many years ago when the government had a bunch of money they were using to stimulate the economy and instead of using it for infrastructure and jobs to fix the bridges and roads they instead gave all the money to banks. The banks then turned around and gave their CEOs huge raises and yearly bonuses and kept the rest.

I always felt that was their chance to use a lot of the money for infrastructure repairs and it would have also given jobs to lots of people at the same time which would have stimulated the economy in that way.

I think it would have had a much better impact than giving it all to the banks. We would have had something to show for it at least with improved roads and bridges.

Instead we are back at square one with the economy still not doing too good and our infrastructure is falling apart in many places.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back