Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Search warrants piece together Zuzu Verk investigation
By Matt Rist | Posted: Thu 1:00 PM, Oct 27, 2016

zuzu_1477625919501_6659928_ver1.0.JPG

link

ALPINE -- “I really feel like he did it.”

Robert Fabian’s next-door neighbor says he heard an argument coming from Fabian’s upstairs apartment the last night Zuzu Verk was seen.

“It’s sad to say that he's causing pain to this town, to this community especially to [her] family. I know being a father of three little girls it would break my heart and so I totally understand what they're going through and I really wish he would come out and admit what he did,” John Franco told CBS 7 News.

Search warrants obtained by CBS 7 reveal details which led police to the seizure of vehicles owned by friends and family of now-suspect Robert Fabian, the missing woman’s boyfriend.

Blog: Human remains found in shallow grave near Alpine
Feb 03, 2017

5 p.m. Update: Sheriff Ronny Dodson gave a press conference to the media Friday afternoon revealing new details on the body that was found.

According to Dodson, the remains of the body are scattered over an area, requiring members of the sheriff's office and Texas Rangers to do an extensive search.

Members of the Alpine Police Department, U.S. Border Patrol, DPS, and Homeland Security are expected to join in the search on Saturday.

Sheriff Dodson was not able to say if the remains that were found were male or female, but that the forensics test in Dallas would give them more information.

The family of Zuzu Verk is set to arrive at the local airport, where they will be picked up by officers with the Alpine Police Department.

Zuzu's mother, Lori, lives in Alpine currently. Zuzu's father, brother, and sister currently live out of the area.

Media, Maps & TimelineThread

Affidavit For Search Warrant Thankyou SavetheQueen

Case Map Thankyou skibaboo

Thread #1
Thread #2

The reporter pointed towards the bend in the road and said it was just around there, but I couldn't personally see exactly where.

This is about where she pointed

34orj8m.png

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...f4f1284836c0d!8m2!3d30.3779916!4d-103.7560867

If you look closely there is a dirt road that takes off of Wagon Rd just after Rum Rd (the straight one) and rejoins Wagon just before the split within your red circle. That would be a fairly hidden place not visible from Wagon, I think.

Texas Rangers have arrived on scene and are currently processing evidence at the scene. Brewster County Sheriffs personnel along with Alpine Police are assisting. The evidence collection and processing may take several days. The remains are expected to be taken to University of North Texas on Monday for identification.

https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Alpine Police Department
5 mins ·
Texas Rangers have arrived on scene and are currently processing evidence at the scene. Brewster County Sheriffs personnel along with Alpine Police are assisting. The evidence collection and processing may take several days. The remains are expected to be taken to University of North Texas on Monday for identification.

16406562_1248529618568995_8262075630707379610_n.jpg

Bones are scattered across a very large area. Will be out there all night

No other information apart from it is a human, we aren't looking for anyone else.

Remains being sent to Dallas, hope to have ID by Mon/Tues

Lots of agencies involved, including homeland security

There is some clothing and other really crucial evidence.

Won't comment on if it is a female

Photos: Views of the scene where body was found near Alpine

2cr4rw5.jpg

Updated the Case Map

zuzumap.jpgzuzmap2.jpg

Quite a few articles and stories/Videos on CBS7's FB https://www.facebook.com/CBS7News/

Interview with Zuzu's Mom and the news that Zuzu's dream and hard work had paid off, she was accepted to Texas A&M

I sat looking through their page last night whilst WS was down for maintenance. I bawled my eyes out. I've grown to feel very deeply for the Verks, who are such lovely people. I just know this is Zuzu and my heart is broken for them. :(

I have so much respect for Lori. And I truly believe she will see RF and CE brought to justice.

As sad as I feel, if this is Zuzu, then I hope her family gains some peace as they can bring their baby girl home. This case has reminded me strongly of Christina Morris from day one. I don't want Zuzus family to suffer the horror of not finding their child for so long as the Morris family is suffering. The Boyfriend should have talked. May the The Texas Hammer come down hard on him.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm new to this thread. I haven't read all about this case but RF's sister did not find it odd for her brother to call her at such a early hour in the morning to borrow her truck?
My heart sunk watching ZuZu's Mother arrive at the crime scene. Big hugs and love to her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Sending support and positive energy to ZuZu's family. I hope she can come home soon, and that justice is swift and severe to those who unnecessarily harmed such a beautiful ray of light.

I'm new to this thread. I haven't read all about this case but RF's sister did not find it odd for her brother to call her at such a early hour in the morning to borrow her truck?
My heart sunk watching ZuZu's Mother arrive at the crime scene. Big hugs and love to her.
That. And then the whole family is up and headed to Mexico for an 18 minute visit, then back home? Random! And to call a friend to go paint a table in the middle of the night... which did not get painted?

That's a lot of bizarre activates, squished into a small window of time, in the middle of the night. Not suspicious at all.... *rolls eyes*

How did CE move to AZ while out on bond? I don't understand that part.

*All statements are those of my own opinion unless stated.*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back