1005 users online (125 members and 880 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alcala photograph - comparison with a missing person case from 1977

AlcalaComparison.jpg

Anyone else see the similarity between these two? The picture on the right is from Alcala's stash of photographs. The one on the right is a picture of a missing person from 1977.

The eyebrows are obviously plucked more (or at least appear more plucked) on the one on the left. See similarities with one of the teeth, and the shape of the chin.

MP on the right disappeared May of 1977 - hitchhiking. I think Alcala was released from prison in early or mid June of 1977, was in New York in July, and then was person of interest in an August of 1977 murder in Seattle. So, basically Alcala was traveling a lot during this period.

Anyone know why my post has "Pay attention of me!!!" in bright red?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Rodgers99 View Post
    Anyone know why my post has "Pay attention of me!!!" in bright red?
    I don't know, but it got my attention to look at your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Rodgers99 View Post
    AlcalaComparison.jpg

Anyone else see the similarity between these two? The picture on the right is from Alcala's stash of photographs. The one on the right is a picture of a missing person from 1977.

The eyebrows are obviously plucked more (or at least appear more plucked) on the one on the left. See similarities with one of the teeth, and the shape of the chin.

MP on the right disappeared May of 1977 - hitchhiking. I think Alcala was released from prison in early or mid June of 1977, was in New York in July, and then was person of interest in an August of 1977 murder in Seattle. So, basically Alcala was traveling a lot during this period.
    Teeth are very similar.

I wonder how she grew her eyebrows back. I can't see if they areal natural in the second picture, perhaps an eyebrow pencil was used to fill up the gaps?
    If so, it looks almost as if that was done professionally.

I wonder if the eyebrows would be interchangeable, if they fit on either face. Someone might give it a draw...
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

Nose looks alike as well hard to say but the simularities are definitly there

I recommend submitting the missing person's name to the Alcala folks and sending the Alcala pick to the administrator of the missing person's NAMUS page.

Better a rule-out than no comparison....

JMHO YMMV LRL etc

Another comparison

AlcalaComparison 2.jpg

Interesting. Here's another Alcala pic of the same subject. We have a thread on her somewhere in this forum.

But ...

The Alcala subject may have a mole where the missing girl doesn't, on her upper lip, right side.

CloseUp.jpg

Edit:
    Yes, he was definitely still locked up (for the "Julie J" parole violation) in May 1977 when Karen Jean Lee disappeared.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lee_karen.html

Edit 2:
    A very detailed Alcala timeline.

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc%...y%20_2012_.pdf
    Last edited by WildHuncher; 02-04-2017 at 08:57 PM.

What IS that redness in her neck? I meant in the smiling pic.

Namus Up 2607 looks a lot like the girl in the pics. I sent an email a while ago but no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne1972 View Post
    Henna? ALthough some of the girls seem to have marks of recent injury & frightened unhappy smiles....

My guess is blood. She also has a mark on her forehead which isn't in the other pic...
    There is also blurring using the darkness. You see this when you tinker a bit with the settings. It is under her nose and downwards, on our right side.
    Last edited by Daphne1972; 02-21-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne1972 View Post
    It's just the shadow of her hair. Hair is translucent and colors the light shining through it.
    If coincidence never happened, there wouldn't be a word for it.

RAWLINGS,WY missing girls connection?

I see some similarities in a few on Alcala's photos... I wish I could post pics.

The Rawlins, Wyoming, "rodeo murders" occurred in July and August 1974, claiming four lives in the span of seven weeks. Unsolved despite intensive work by local law enforcement agencies, the crimes were similar enough in execution to deserve inclusion here, although three of the victims are still missing, precluding establishment of a homicidal "signature" in the slayings. The first two victims, Carlene Brown, of Rawlins, and her good friend Christy Gross, of Bowdle, South Dakota, disappeared on Independence Day, while visiting the Little Britches Rodeo in Rawlins. Officers had found no trace of the 19-year-olds by August 4, when Debra Meyers, 15, was added to the local missing list. On August 23, ten-year-old Jaylene Banker was separated from friends at the Rawlins fairgrounds, while watching the Carbon County rodeo, and she immediately disappeared. Nine years elapsed before the skeleton of Christy Gross was found, three miles north of Sinclair, Wyoming, on October 27, 1983. Killed by two blows to the skull, Gross was identified by means of dental charts and a ring found with her bones. Despite a lame attempt to link Ted Bundy with the case, no solid evidence exists connecting him -- or any other identifiable suspect -- with the homicides in Rawlins.

Copyright 1995-2005 by

Quote Originally Posted by Rustcolored View Post
    RAWLINGS,WY missing girls connection?

I see some similarities in a few on Alcala's photos... I wish I could post pics.

The Rawlins, Wyoming, "rodeo murders" occurred in July and August 1974, claiming four lives in the span of seven weeks. Unsolved despite intensive work by local law enforcement agencies, the crimes were similar enough in execution to deserve inclusion here, although three of the victims are still missing, precluding establishment of a homicidal "signature" in the slayings. The first two victims, Carlene Brown, of Rawlins, and her good friend Christy Gross, of Bowdle, South Dakota, disappeared on Independence Day, while visiting the Little Britches Rodeo in Rawlins. Officers had found no trace of the 19-year-olds by August 4, when Debra Meyers, 15, was added to the local missing list. On August 23, ten-year-old Jaylene Banker was separated from friends at the Rawlins fairgrounds, while watching the Carbon County rodeo, and she immediately disappeared. Nine years elapsed before the skeleton of Christy Gross was found, three miles north of Sinclair, Wyoming, on October 27, 1983. Killed by two blows to the skull, Gross was identified by means of dental charts and a ring found with her bones. Despite a lame attempt to link Ted Bundy with the case, no solid evidence exists connecting him -- or any other identifiable suspect -- with the homicides in Rawlins.

Copyright 1995-2005 by
    Alcala was in WY in 1977, where he killed Christine Thornton, who was identified last year.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast