Attention! Alcala photograph - comparison with a missing person case from 1977

Bill_Rodgers99

Reaction score
AlcalaComparison.jpg

Anyone else see the similarity between these two? The picture on the right is from Alcala's stash of photographs. The one on the right is a picture of a missing person from 1977.

The eyebrows are obviously plucked more (or at least appear more plucked) on the one on the left. See similarities with one of the teeth, and the shape of the chin.

MP on the right disappeared May of 1977 - hitchhiking. I think Alcala was released from prison in early or mid June of 1977, was in New York in July, and then was person of interest in an August of 1977 murder in Seattle. So, basically Alcala was traveling a lot during this period.

View attachment 109215

Anyone else see the similarity between these two? The picture on the right is from Alcala's stash of photographs. The one on the right is a picture of a missing person from 1977.

The eyebrows are obviously plucked more (or at least appear more plucked) on the one on the left. See similarities with one of the teeth, and the shape of the chin.

MP on the right disappeared May of 1977 - hitchhiking. I think Alcala was released from prison in early or mid June of 1977, was in New York in July, and then was person of interest in an August of 1977 murder in Seattle. So, basically Alcala was traveling a lot during this period.

Teeth are very similar.

I wonder how she grew her eyebrows back. I can't see if they areal natural in the second picture, perhaps an eyebrow pencil was used to fill up the gaps?
If so, it looks almost as if that was done professionally.

I wonder if the eyebrows would be interchangeable, if they fit on either face. Someone might give it a draw... ;)

Nose looks alike as well hard to say but the simularities are definitly there

I recommend submitting the missing person's name to the Alcala folks and sending the Alcala pick to the administrator of the missing person's NAMUS page.

Better a rule-out than no comparison....

JMHO YMMV LRL etc

:seeya:

AlcalaComparison 2.jpg

Interesting. Here's another Alcala pic of the same subject. We have a thread on her somewhere in this forum.

What IS that redness in her neck? I meant in the smiling pic.

Namus Up 2607 looks a lot like the girl in the pics. I sent an email a while ago but no reply.

My guess is blood. She also has a mark on her forehead which isn't in the other pic...
There is also blurring using the darkness. You see this when you tinker a bit with the settings. It is under her nose and downwards, on our right side.

RAWLINGS,WY missing girls connection?

I see some similarities in a few on Alcala's photos... I wish I could post pics.

The Rawlins, Wyoming, "rodeo murders" occurred in July and August 1974, claiming four lives in the span of seven weeks. Unsolved despite intensive work by local law enforcement agencies, the crimes were similar enough in execution to deserve inclusion here, although three of the victims are still missing, precluding establishment of a homicidal "signature" in the slayings. The first two victims, Carlene Brown, of Rawlins, and her good friend Christy Gross, of Bowdle, South Dakota, disappeared on Independence Day, while visiting the Little Britches Rodeo in Rawlins. Officers had found no trace of the 19-year-olds by August 4, when Debra Meyers, 15, was added to the local missing list. On August 23, ten-year-old Jaylene Banker was separated from friends at the Rawlins fairgrounds, while watching the Carbon County rodeo, and she immediately disappeared. Nine years elapsed before the skeleton of Christy Gross was found, three miles north of Sinclair, Wyoming, on October 27, 1983. Killed by two blows to the skull, Gross was identified by means of dental charts and a ring found with her bones. Despite a lame attempt to link Ted Bundy with the case, no solid evidence exists connecting him -- or any other identifiable suspect -- with the homicides in Rawlins.

Copyright 1995-2005 by

RAWLINGS,WY missing girls connection?

I see some similarities in a few on Alcala's photos... I wish I could post pics.

The Rawlins, Wyoming, "rodeo murders" occurred in July and August 1974, claiming four lives in the span of seven weeks. Unsolved despite intensive work by local law enforcement agencies, the crimes were similar enough in execution to deserve inclusion here, although three of the victims are still missing, precluding establishment of a homicidal "signature" in the slayings. The first two victims, Carlene Brown, of Rawlins, and her good friend Christy Gross, of Bowdle, South Dakota, disappeared on Independence Day, while visiting the Little Britches Rodeo in Rawlins. Officers had found no trace of the 19-year-olds by August 4, when Debra Meyers, 15, was added to the local missing list. On August 23, ten-year-old Jaylene Banker was separated from friends at the Rawlins fairgrounds, while watching the Carbon County rodeo, and she immediately disappeared. Nine years elapsed before the skeleton of Christy Gross was found, three miles north of Sinclair, Wyoming, on October 27, 1983. Killed by two blows to the skull, Gross was identified by means of dental charts and a ring found with her bones. Despite a lame attempt to link Ted Bundy with the case, no solid evidence exists connecting him -- or any other identifiable suspect -- with the homicides in Rawlins.

Copyright 1995-2005 by

Alcala was in WY in 1977, where he killed Christine Thornton, who was identified last year.

Alcala was in CA custody up to August 3 in 1974. He can be eliminated for sure from the first two Wyoming murders. They were in July. The third occurred on August 4. Can't prove he didn't do that one but it does sort of strain the imagination to think he did it. That's three out of four that really don't work.

Scratch my suggestion. I found a more detailed timeline on another thread that would eliminate him as Valaine's killer.

attachment.php

This is the Namus reconstruction I mean.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 57

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members