753 users online (90 members and 663 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    220

    For Interest let us analyze this case another method.

    The forum appear to be dyeing. I think for fun we could try analyze this case from different angles maybe. Start from beginning...look at it as she is not guilty...look at it as we know things to be.

    First I can start with something that puzzle me. Can we talk about all the mothers only who kill the child and make viscious and bloody and oh so painful as Darlie case? When we do are they psychos or what? How many are normal people? I think about this lots but don't know enough to really know anything. Just would like some discuss.

    I will start with mother who cut off her baby two arms with a knife from the kitchen. This happen in America so all should know about it. here she is psycho I think and she call the police and say she do it. Now how many like this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    220
    I remember another. Mother very religionous stab and kill two children. I think sitting on steps with bvloody knife and body of child beside her when husband come home. Say she did it. Now they say she psycho. Never before seem psycho.
    And I think was different mother who killed children with rocks. She psycho also.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by SnootyVixen
    The forum appear to be dyeing. I think for fun we could try analyze this case from different angles maybe. Start from beginning...look at it as she is not guilty...look at it as we know things to be.

    First I can start with something that puzzle me. Can we talk about all the mothers only who kill the child and make viscious and bloody and oh so painful as Darlie case? When we do are they psychos or what? How many are normal people? I think about this lots but don't know enough to really know anything. Just would like some discuss.

    I will start with mother who cut off her baby two arms with a knife from the kitchen. This happen in America so all should know about it. here she is psycho I think and she call the police and say she do it. Now how many like this?

    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...ight=schlosser

    here's a link to the case referenced. I'll see what else I can come up with out other cases.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by SnootyVixen
    I remember another. Mother very religionous stab and kill two children. I think sitting on steps with bvloody knife and body of child beside her when husband come home. Say she did it. Now they say she psycho. Never before seem psycho.
    And I think was different mother who killed children with rocks. She psycho also.

    Murder by stoning link:

    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=laney

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    86
    Interesting article on Parents Who Kill

    The problem with the "illness" theory is that it only goes partway toward explaining why women kill their babies. Illness may explain how some women eventually snap and behave violently. But it doesn't begin to explain why they direct this madness so disproportionately toward their own offspring. Even taking into account that some small fraction of the mental illnesses associated with maternal filicide—most notably postpartum depression—are triggered by the births themselves, the illness theory doesn't explain why mothers suffering from other mental illnesses, or who aren't ill at all, act out with their own children rather than strangers.

    http://www.slate.com/id/2063086/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Desilu
    Interesting article on Parents Who Kill

    The problem with the "illness" theory is that it only goes partway toward explaining why women kill their babies. Illness may explain how some women eventually snap and behave violently. But it doesn't begin to explain why they direct this madness so disproportionately toward their own offspring. Even taking into account that some small fraction of the mental illnesses associated with maternal filicide—most notably postpartum depression—are triggered by the births themselves, the illness theory doesn't explain why mothers suffering from other mental illnesses, or who aren't ill at all, act out with their own children rather than strangers.

    http://www.slate.com/id/2063086/
    Some mothers are psychotic when they kill their children, like Yates, Laney, and the woman who cut the baby's arms off. But there are many other mothers who kill their young who are not psychotic. They are either angry, tired of the burden, want to get even with the father, or see the children as an obstacle preventing them from getting something else they want. I think that most "maternal filicide" is done for more traditional motives as described above rather than insanity.

    Why do they target their own children? My guess is that the kids are such a huge part of their lives, it seems almost natural for a psychotic to focus on what is near and close at hand, esp since religion often plays into it. For those who are not insane, the motives pretty much spell out why they target the kids.

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.



Similar Threads

  1. Cases possibly of interest for the LISK case
    By Theforeigner in forum Long Island Serial Killer
    Replies: 1757
    Last Post: 12-11-2017, 05:55 PM
  2. Classic Cold Murder Case of Most Interest Poll
    By STANDREID in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 09-12-2017, 04:42 PM
  3. At what point do you lose interest in a case?
    By meanmaryjean in forum General Information & Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-25-2016, 04:43 PM