4-Year-Old Girl Denied Santa Visit For Not Buying Photo

Maral

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Link
A mall in Massachusetts issued an apology after a 4-year-old girl was apparently told she was not allowed to sit on Santa's lap unless she purchased a $21 picture of the meeting, according to a Local 6 News report.

Maria Grigorian said she took her daughter, Michelle, to the North Shore Mall in Peabody to visit Santa Claus.

However, when the 4-year-old got to the front of the line, she was not allowed to sit on Santa's lap because her mother did not have cash to pay for the picture.

Grigorian said the least expensive photo offered was $21.

"I am a single mom and don't have that money right now," Grigorian said.

Michele was so upset over the incident that she burst into tears and left with her mother.

That's ridiculous to deny this little girl a visit with Santa. People can be so rude and ugly at times. :mad: How traumatic for the little girl.

Yeah, and I bet it probably wasn't even the real Santa anyway!

$21 for a freaking picture? That's so riduculous and just goes to my belief Christmas has gotten too commercialized and it's all about the money. I feel sorry for that little girl, and SHAME ON SANTA!!! He deserves to be knocked in the head with a big lump of coal.

How absolutely disgusting. They have to make a buck off of everything. Now, kids don't even have the thrill of sitting on Santa's lap unless you are willing to pay big bucks for the photos.

I have the money, and I would wouldn't' pay $21 for a picture.

Santa didn't decide that - we need to get the manager that made the stupid policy. I bet right now they're finding it's quite an expensive policy too.

Really, really dumb - parents are such suckers for photos like that (trust me, I am becoming one, and you should see my husband), that coercing them is just unnecessary.

That's sad! Poor little girl. I wouldn't pay $21 for a picture, that's ridiculous.

There should be serious ramifications for whomever made that decision. I believe the group should be forced to supply that mother with "at least" a $200.00 mall gift ceritificate. Adults forget what its like to believe in "the man". I think that child had a terrible encounter that she'll remember probably with fear for the rest of her life.

Beyond Belief said:
There should be serious ramifications for whomever made that decision. I believe the group should be forced to supply that mother with "at least" a $200.00 mall gift ceritificate. Adults forget what its like to believe in "the man". I think that child had a terrible encounter that she'll remember probably with fear for the rest of her life.

I agree...they should get a mall certificate and a personal visit from the man in red on Christmas Eve :furious:

Wow, this was a very expensive PR screw up. I have NEVER heard of having to buy the pictures!!! I know at our mall they have a million choices, the least of which is about $7, but I usually bring my own camera so I have a choice of shots. No one has ever objected.

As we say here in the south, that is just tacky.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back