1320 users online (221 members and 1099 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    The worst part to me Safeguard is that people DO buy his book, they DO read it and they DO believe it! I only read the portions that Amazon had on preview lol and then excerpts here and there, that was more than enough to know it was mostly BS. His misrepresentation of the truth is ridiculous.

I know Missy. It boggles my mind! I couldn't believe that Webslueths, would promote an event, ( Crimecon)), that glorified a criminal, (That's not what we're about right?) and spread false information!
    I can't wait for the day, when all is said and done in this case... Justice long over due... but better than never, I suppose.

My suggestion: print off those refutations onto one small sheet. Make some copies. Go to your local book stores and slip a sheet into every copy of the book they have in stock.
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    My suggestion: print off those refutations onto one small sheet. Make some copies. Go to your local book stores and slip a sheet into every copy of the book they have in stock.
    Haha, love this idea CoolJ!

Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    Hemingway, it is reputed, once won a ten dollar bet, that he could write a complete short story in under ten words. He won the bet with this:

For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn.

It occurred to me today, that I could sum up Krunts literary career with a similar short story:

For sale. Personal integrity. Never used.

You know, I can't even imagine buying this miscreants book. I was almost shocked that he was invited to Crimecon. He's getting paid to spread his absurd opinions, which no one in the free world is buying at this point... ( seriously, would you book a room in a hotel catering to a criminal sexual deviant?). Nancy Grace and Ken Kraz is NOT my idea of a fun filled event!
    There were a surprising number of people that I overheard while waiting in line for the KK/TF session at Crimecon who said they weren't familiar with MaM or Steven Avery. Many were attending that session just because it was the opening session of the conference.

I was interested just to see what they'd have to say. KK is a smooth talker. He rattles things off as facts leaving you going oh, yeah, I see...and then the smart people go wait, what???

It's easier to see his deception and semantic games when you read the book. I didn't buy it but borrowed it from my library's digital loans app.

What bothers me about the case is that I feel neither side is telling the complete truth, and that due to the ridiculously idiotic decisions and behaviors of LE in the beginning of this investigation there will never be true justice for Teresa.

Zellner now has 13 false statements in KK's book lol

I think the 13th one is the one about the letters between SA/KK

Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    Zellner now has 13 false statements in KK's book lol

I think the 13th one is the one about the letters between SA/KK
    Imagine that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

Will NOT be held liable for the following:

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response

*terms subject to change without notice*

This was on KZ's Twitter, but it's applicable in both this thread and the other, so I will just stick it here.

Kathleen Zellner "Not Ruling Out" DEFAMATION Suit Over Ex-Da's Book

http://www.**************/4379837/ma...r-ex-das-book/

http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2017...001869667.html
    Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

This is an interesting read...

Concealing exculpatory evidence is not a rare problem. In 2013, then-Chief Judge Alex Kozinski of the Ninth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals
    wrote that “There is an epidemic of Brady violations abroad in the land,” because courts have defined “materiality” so narrowly that prosecutors rarely if ever have to face consequences if they hide evidence that favors defendants.

The National Registry of Exonerations(which I founded) lists 2,061 innocent defendants who were convicted of crimes in the United States and later exonerated, from 1989 on, including 802 who were convicted of murder. In half of the murder exonerations (398/802) the prosecution concealed exculpatory evidence at trial, including 17 cases with innocent murder defendants who pled guilty, 57 with defendants who falsely confessed, and 91 with supposed accomplices who confessed and falsely implicated the defendants.

WOW~~~~

And of course, as Judge Kozinski has noted, the great majority of similar cases are never detected, and the defendants, if they are innocent, are never exonerated.

Our best hope for avoiding tragic mistakes is to present all the evidence that matters the first time around. (What a novel idea!!!)

https://thecrimereport.org/2017/07/14/how-concealing-key-evidence-convicts-the-innocent/?utm_content=buffer848ec&utm_medium=social&utm_sou rce=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    This is an interesting read...

Concealing exculpatory evidence is not a rare problem. In 2013, then-Chief Judge Alex Kozinski of the Ninth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals
    wrote that “There is an epidemic of Brady violations abroad in the land,” because courts have defined “materiality” so narrowly that prosecutors rarely if ever have to face consequences if they hide evidence that favors defendants.

The National Registry of Exonerations(which I founded) lists 2,061 innocent defendants who were convicted of crimes in the United States and later exonerated, from 1989 on, including 802 who were convicted of murder. In half of the murder exonerations (398/802) the prosecution concealed exculpatory evidence at trial, including 17 cases with innocent murder defendants who pled guilty, 57 with defendants who falsely confessed, and 91 with supposed accomplices who confessed and falsely implicated the defendants.

WOW~~~~

And of course, as Judge Kozinski has noted, the great majority of similar cases are never detected, and the defendants, if they are innocent, are never exonerated.

Our best hope for avoiding tragic mistakes is to present all the evidence that matters the first time around. (What a novel idea!!!)

https://thecrimereport.org/2017/07/14/how-concealing-key-evidence-convicts-the-innocent/?utm_content=buffer848ec&utm_medium=social&utm_sou rce=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
    Thank you, BCA! ( A great read indeed )
    Blows my frickin mind!
    HOW can a HUMAN BEING be so vile to another?
    This just makes me wonder that much more... how often is it all just a numbers game?? Prosecuting such cases.
    We need more Zellners in this world for sure..
    Imho

Addicted

Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

I'll just drop this here for a lack of other places to post it.

Looks like a certain prosecutor is becoming unhinged.

Someone else also posted that they wanted him to explain how the DNA got on the bullet. Good Question.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    I'll just drop this here for a lack of other places to post it.

Looks like a certain prosecutor is becoming unhinged.

Someone else also posted that they wanted him to explain how the DNA got on the bullet. Good Question.
    Yep. It kinda does doesn't it??

Addicted

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    Yep. It kinda does doesn't it??

Sounds like he left himself some wiggle room. You might say plausible deniability.

My guess is he is arguing that she was shot with that bullet, but that wasn't the coup-de-gras, the headshot that allegedly killed her. It was used WHILE killing her, it just wasn't necessarily the one that finished the job. That would explain why the testing shows it didn't go through the skull AND why it had her DNA on it AND how it was still valid as evidence.*

But that is threading a needle and introducing information that wasn't there in trial. He is committing himself to a more specific narrative than before. And it highlights the question of "where are the other bullets?" This is an old question, but not one the prosecution ever formally addressed, as far as I can recall. So while his wriggling may solve one problem, it might just open him up to another/other problem/s. He's really stupid for talking about the bullet either way. He is attempting damage control but doing it poorly, and getting things down in writing that he may regret later.

*Even if it turns out that Halbach was killed some other way, Kratz could conceivably argue the bullet still played a role.
    For Example:
    "Maybe she was killed with a tire iron, but FIRST Avery incapacitated her with that bullet."
    Last edited by Saul Vesalot; 10-02-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12