1098 users online (129 members and 969 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/7ckOX

link to a letter from KK's book. It was sent from SA to Kratz on June 18th, 2013.

I am not sure what the reference to CA is about? It can be interpreted a few different ways IMO Maybe she has info? Around this time he was still accusing EA of having something to do with TH's disappearance. According to this article, EA had a restraining order against SA in 2014.

Prison documents show in 2014, Earl Avery contacted Waupun Correction Institution to tell them his brother was violating his order not to contact him. The prison had already twice told Steven Avery "to cease any and all contact with Earl Avery."

I am not sure what KK was trying to show with this letter, but IMO the only way they would get 'money' is if the appeal was successful, and he was exonerated. Right around this time, actually 4 days prior, the court records state, Motion Seeking the Appointment of Counsel; Petition for Appointment of An Attorney; Affidavit of Indigency. So he was looking for a lawyer at the time. (one was appointed in July of that year) That info can be found here:

https://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl;...532504.render6
    I guess I should have expanded on this, since I have read speculation elsewhere that a very early on tweet from KZ was in reference to the letter linked above.

KZ tweeted back in January 2016:

Kathleen Zellner
    ‏@ZellnerLaw
    Kratz letter to SA:Confess so I can write book & profit.This bloodsucking gives vampires a bad name #MakingAMurderer

Post #6 in Zellner tweets.

With the above tweet was also a photo of the letter that KRATZ sent to SA. Here:

kratz letter snip.PNG

Sure seems to me that there are other letter's before the 2013 one, and also between the 2013-2015 letters. Would like to see those too.

We wouldn't want key information left out of the story - like letters that may have preceded this one. That could be unintentionally misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by proudfootz View Post
    We wouldn't want key information left out of the story - like letters that may have preceded this one. That could be unintentionally misleading.
    Beginning six years after the trial, in January 2013, Steven Avery and I exchanged a series of letters. He knew that I was no longer a DA and no longer represented the state and he invited...
    That is where that page (page 164) ends and 165 is not viewable in my preview. Page 166 is the only letter I can find, the one where Steven suggests Kratz be his attorney.

He monitors Jodi's commissary purchases, her clothing allowance and *****es about the number of cigarettes she smokes.
    -(page 40)
    [The *****es is the B-word. Female dog]
    Emphasis mine. Is Kratz supposed to sound like a dude with a grudge in his own book? Also, I think smoking is one of the few topics that you're allowed to nag a spouse over endlessly. Weird that that seems to offend Kratz.

Also, Steven "fixates" (Kratz's word) on the money Jodi spends and this makes sense. Since someone outside of prison is generally filling up the person's account. According to Kratz, this person was Steven. I'd be pretty annoyed too if I was giving someone money to live on and they were spending large portions of it on cigarettes. Prison commissary stuff is usually pretty expensive compared to the outside world prices. Even Kratz calls the phone bills "bloated" (page 40)
    Last edited by Saul Vesalot; 02-10-2017 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Clarifying Kratz's swear word since it was auto-censored

If Steven was in fact innocent, who better to prove he was railroaded than one of the people who put him in prison who's fallen on hard times?

My own opinion, naturally.

I guess I should have expanded on this, since I have read speculation elsewhere that a very early on tweet from KZ was in reference to the letter linked above.

KZ tweeted back in January 2016:

Kathleen Zellner
    ‏@ZellnerLaw
    Kratz letter to SA:Confess so I can write book & profit.This bloodsucking gives vampires a bad name #MakingAMurderer

Post #6 in Zellner tweets.

With the above tweet was also a photo of the letter that KRATZ sent to SA. Here:

kratz letter snip.PNG

Sure seems to me that there are other letter's before the 2013 one, and also between the 2013-2015 letters. Would like to see those too.
    This just makes me ill.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kellyd View Post
    This just makes me ill.

I'm with you Kellyd and

I am going to purchase the book. Often times in books like this new things will become known because all witnesses on the witness list are never called to tesify but what they stated is known by the prosecution.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I am going to purchase the book. Often times in books like this new things will become known because all witnesses on the witness list are never called to tesify but what they stated is known by the prosecution.
    That would require a trust in KK. You would have to have a belief that what he is telling you is truth. Totally your choice. Personally, I believe he is so crooked that I couldn't believe anything he says or writes. JMO
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

BCA ~ just from the bit I read ... the "little" and "creepy, thought Teresa" were just a few of many embellishments!

Like I said in my first post, it's ironic that the premise of the book is to set the record straight and clear up what MaM got wrong, and in doing that, IMO he is changing the facts, or embellishing, or whatever word you want to use LOL
    He's a straight up liar, IMO.

He lies & manipulates just as he always has & now he's written a book...whoop dee do!
    And Nancy Grace? Pfffffft..we've discussed her previously & I offered up link after link of lies she's told over the years😀

IMO, it'll be just a matter of time before Ken Kratz screws up again and is back in the news😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

Will NOT be held liable for the following:

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response

*terms subject to change without notice*

if you scroll all the way to the bottom it says "pages 41-172 are not shown in this preview" .... if you have more pages than me.... I'm calling conspiracy hahaha

I do think there is more pages though, because the "forward" I don't think is included as page numbers? the hard copy of the book on amazon said it was 192 pages, did NG take up 20 maybe?

JMO but 192 pages seems pretty short, I feel like I could type that up in no time! And I bet I could source my facts.. just sayin'
    I bet you could too😉

Addicted

Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

You couldn't pay me to read the book.

My thoughts exactly!

Addicted

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I was actually considering it.... But now that I have read the preview and seeing that he got some pretty basic facts wrong, or not stating whole truths, there is no way that I would be able to believe anything that he said, so I don't see the point in reading it now.

I was actually considering it.... But now that I have read the preview and seeing that he got some pretty basic facts wrong, or not stating whole truths, there is no way that I would be able to believe anything that he said, so I don't see the point in reading it now.
    I put a review out there. It disgusts me that he is trying to profit from this.

I put a review out there. It disgusts me that he is trying to profit from this.

To be fair.... KK is not the only one that has written a book.

Michael Griesbach has released 3, and he wasn't even directly involved in the 2005 case and AFAIK and IMO he has no more information than any of us have available (according to his AMA's on reddit). His 1st book focused on SA's exoneration.

Jerome Buting has a book coming out on the 28th of February too. The difference with JB's book, IMO, is that he is using the SA/BD cases along with some of his other cases to discuss the system

https://www.harpercollins.com/978006...ion-of-justice

Buting’s powerful, riveting boots-on-the-ground narrative of Avery’s and Dassey’s cases becomes a springboard to examine the shaky integrity of law enforcement and justice in the United States, which Buting has witnessed firsthand for more than 35 years. From his early career as a public defender to his success overturning wrongful convictions working with the Innocence Project, his story provides a compelling expert view into the high-stakes arena of criminal defense law; the difficulties of forensic science; and a horrifying reality of biased interrogations, coerced or false confessions, faulty eyewitness testimony, official misconduct, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Vesalot View Post

Beginning six years after the trial, in January 2013, Steven Avery and I exchanged a series of letters. He knew that I was no longer a DA and no longer represented the state and he invited...
    That is where that page (page 164) ends and 165 is not viewable in my preview. Page 166 is the only letter I can find, the one where Steven suggests Kratz be his attorney.

Just noticed this in your post Saul. So there are more letters. If they started correspondence in Jan 2013, the letter that is in the book is dated June 2013, I wonder what was written in the previous letters, from both of them. Does Kratz tell SA something about CA? Is that where the "And you got CA" comes in?

It might be interesting to know what went on with the EA/CA divorce. There was actually a hearing the same day that SA wrote this letter to KK. That can be seen here: https://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl

To me it's like taking BD's phone call to his mom after talking the W&F in isolation without having the full context and knowing what went on in the days right before, which started with O'Kelly and then the interview where Kachinsky allowed W&F to interview BD without him and how they told him he should tell his mom before they did. JMO of course.

The letter needs context, and I still don't understand how KK thinks this helps him or makes SA look guilty LOL

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast