Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #3

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
maricela_garica_image_01b22ad182870f584d474b57a911adfe.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Family Pleads for Help in Search for Missing California Woman Maricela Garcia, Who Disappeared While Shopping

January 23, 2017

Maricela was out in Reseda, California with Sarah, hunting for bargains at a local Goodwill store the evening of January 12. The story goes that Maricela told Sarah she was headed outside to smoke a cigarette and would return shortly. Surveillance video shows the 26-year-old walking out of the store at 7:22 p.m.

Maricela never came back.

Sarah found her sister's locked, tan BMW in the parking lot of a neighboring dollar store. Her purse was left inside. Her cell phone, which was not in the purse, was either turned off or had lost its charge.

[...]

Maricela Garcia is described as 5'5" tall, weighing 120 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information regarding her case is urged to contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (213) 996-1800.

Maricela Garcia map

Verified Insider:
mistivon

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thank you Bessie. Sad to see thread 3. Hopefully we will find Maricela this weekend. Wouldn't it be awesome to see this thread "Located Safe."

:websleuther:
Be careful while out searching today. :grouphug:

Sending support from Michigan .... good luck with the search and stay safe.

Thank you Bessie. Sad to see thread 3. Hopefully we will find Maricela this weekend. Wouldn't it be awesome to see this thread "Located Safe."

That is what we are praying for, I'm still here although I've been quiet. Best of luck today misti, take care too!

Yes, Good luck in your search today! I used live there in the San Fernando Valley a long time ago - but I know the area around Reseda where she went missing!

Where ARE you Maricela??!!

Praying for the best outcome in your search today. Be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending Good Luck from Michigan !!! I've been following since the start and sad to see the 3rd thread, but praying this weekend will be a success!!

Thank you all so much. I really have high hopes for today. IF she is gone willingly, I think we will have answers and I hope that is the case. We have hundreds of reward flyers (thank you Balboa Mom) and if we don't actually locate her, hopefully someone will call that number and spill the beans for the money.
If not....well, the basin tomorrow :(

Even to positively know she is away due to her own choice would be a good day. Sending lots of hope, waiting as patiently as I can for news of today's hard work. You all are the best! :grouphug:

So, it's only me, Mr. Mistivon and Balboa Mom. Which actually works out perfectly. That gives us the freedom to go where we need to go and not have to worry about grids and various areas we don't really need searched. Balboa Mom is a godsend, let me tell everyone. From picking up flyers to coming out today...she's just awesome.
In about ten minutes, we are going to start walking her "stomping grounds." We have a couple people to talk to that were called in to the tip line as "the eyes and ears" of this area. Supposedly, if she is anywhere near here, they will know.
Maricela's mom showed up briefly this morning and we had a good chat. She is in so much pain, I really feel for her. I want more than anything to tell her that her baby girl is coming home.
Please God, let today be the day

"Leese, Balboa Mom, Katy....are any of you going to the search tomorrow? I need two people in a specific location about 945-1015 and I can't. Mr. Mistivon and I are going to be in two locations besides the third one at the same time.
It must be a pair or team, tho.
If you can help, please let me know.
We also need men if anyone can bring a guy or two.
Thanks"

@Mstivon--Oh so sorry for my late response. I am not able to go out there today, however hopefully I can assist everyone tomorrow along with my hubby.
I feel so bad not many people showed up today. Is there a reason why family & friends are not helping with the search today? That just breaks my heart. @BalboaMom you are wonderful & they are blessed to have you!!

Stay strong, & I hope & pray you find the answers you are looking for. Hugs~~

After two days of reading every post from thread #1 and #2 I feel so invested in this case now. It is just so sad. PS: Mistivon, you're amazing.

From reading everything that I have I definitely feel like she did not voluntarily leave. But I think at the center of this is drugs. :(

A few questions that have come to mind....

1) After looking at the map that was made of her supposed path, is it possible that she left goodwill on an intended drug score/deal etc but realized she did not have any cell service? (a quick google search showed me a few reviews that AT&T has crappy service in Tarzana, not sure how accurate that is...) That may account for her weird path...she may have just been walking around to find service. Maybe she went to the Church because she KNEW from her previous visits there that she had service in there...or maybe was able to connect to their wifi to contact the person that she was meeting?

2.) Then, at that point, if she knew the person that she was meeting she agreed to meet them at a further location (such as behind Kaiser) because she knew that she had spent too much time trying to locate the person via her phone so she needed to meet further away to keep her sister safe/unaware who more than likely would be exiting GW at any moment?

3.) Lastly, I know that it is a huge job, but has anyone viewed all the facebook pages of the people who have liked her finding maricela facebook page?....I would imagine that if someone is holding her against her will they are going to want to know how close they are to being caught. So, staying on top of the information that is found seems important. They could be lurking right on the page.

Good luck today on this weekends search!

So, it's only me, Mr. Mistivon and Balboa Mom. Which actually works out perfectly. That gives us the freedom to go where we need to go and not have to worry about grids and various areas we don't really need searched. Balboa Mom is a godsend, let me tell everyone. From picking up flyers to coming out today...she's just awesome.
In about ten minutes, we are going to start walking her "stomping grounds." We have a couple people to talk to that were called in to the tip line as "the eyes and ears" of this area. Supposedly, if she is anywhere near here, they will know.
Maricela's mom showed up briefly this morning and we had a good chat. She is in so much pain, I really feel for her. I want more than anything to tell her that her baby girl is coming home.
Please God, let today be the day

Good luck today. You are doing amazing. I have to say- the lack of involvement by any one else is heavy. It suggests a lack of a social life outside of a few relationships that were toxic. It makes me very sad. When she returns, and hopefully alive, I hope she understands how lucky she was to have you advocating in such an incredible and tireless way. So many families would only dream they had someone like you at the helm. I hope whatever the outcome, you continue to be a guiding light for others who could use your assistance- it's no small feat.

Awesome is right! Keep on truckin', but be SAFE. All of you! If you encounter people on the street -- and I'm not endorsing that action -- but if you do, keep ears open and mouths closed. Then report findings to LE and the PI. Thanks to everyone for your efforts. :thumb:

Awesome is right! Keep on truckin', but be SAFE. All of you! If you encounter people on the street -- and I'm not endorsing that action -- but if you do, keep ears open and mouths closed. Then report findings to LE and the PI. Thanks to everyone for your efforts. :thumb:

Absolutely sensible suggestions bessie! To find would be amazing, but please don't put yourselves in dangerous positions!!

Mistivon hope your search went well today. Your doing such amazing work for this girl.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back