GUILTY IA - Natalie Finn, 16, starved to death, West Des Moines, 24 Oct 2016

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
61d497fb-7185-4aad-98d6-a647a9e145b5_zpsmbnc2cs9.jpg

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ports-seriously-before-teen-starved/97051964/

The principal and school nurse at the West Des Moines alternative high school where 16-year-old Natalie Finn begged for food had reported months before she died of starvation that they suspected child abuse, a state senator said in an exclusive interview.

Sen. Matt McCoy told Reader's Watchdog he’s also learned that West Des Moines police went several times last summer to the West Des Moines home of Natalie's adopted mother, Nicole Marie Finn, after being told her adopted children were being abused.

But school officials and officers both had difficulty getting child-protective workers to take their concerns seriously — until late last summer, when a worker and police pushed their way into the Finn house Aug. 16, McCoy said.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...nched-into-starved-iowa-teens-death/95711520/

Finn's parents, Nicole and Joseph, were charged with numerous felonies Dec. 9. They shared joint custody of five children when they divorced in 2011, after 12 years of marriage, according to court records.

One of the children, Alexander Kendal Finn, is an adult. Natalie was the next oldest, followed by two 15-year-old brothers and a 14-year-old sister.

Criminal complaints filed in Polk County allege Nicole Finn killed her daughter "intentionally, willfully, deliberately, with premeditation and malice aforethought."

Both parents are accused of secretly confining Natalie and two of her siblings, a 14-year-old girl and 15-year-old boy, inside their small, brick home on 15th Street near Mountain Avenue in West Des Moines. They are accused of using "unreasonable force, torture or cruelty" to cause serious injury to the three children.

Heartbreaking. It appears there were many opportunities to save Natalie and her siblings before she was murdered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPS needs to be fixed all over the US. I know a social worker who burned out in her 20's from the case load and her frustration at all the cases slipping through the cracks that she was responsible for. There just wasn't enough time in the day.
Perhaps these parents need to be put on a map after a report has been filed, and deficiencies found. Similar to the maps for pedophiles and crimes. This is child abuse. Then the "village" can be aware of these kids.
I know of a few cases in which deplorable conditions were suspected, but the school apparently didn't call, a neighbor did. Friends were no longer allowed in the home, but apparently the children looked awful. At least the parents sent them to school, if only so they ate every day. Some parents just have very poor basic skills, and can be worked with especially if they are not too proud to accept community support. Other parents are just outright depraved.

I'm going to read that article now, perhaps it will answer some of my questions. SMH. Abusive "parents" really piss me off.

I would put money on Natalie and her siblings being the foster care system before they were adopted. Maybe the adoptive parent's fostered them as well or maybe not. It's MOO that these children were probably in the system for long time based on the behaviors they were describing. I wouldn't be surprised if each adopted child came with a nice, big, monthly check for subsidies. Where did that money go? Obviously not for food or clothing.

You do NOT put traumatized, abused and mentally disabled children in a bare room to starve and urinate on themselves (or any child for that matter). You get them help, you love them and show them how to love.

I truly feel if our county and it's people put more concern into foster kids that things could be completely different in about 10-15 years. There are so many children in foster care who are lost and have NO ONE to turn to. These children need stable, loving families; families that will be with them until they die (not just kick them out at 18 yrs old). I wish I could create a new type of foster care system where the caseworker, bio-parents, foster parents and the child work together instead of against each other. Give the system more transparency so they are accountable for their actions.

It's all JOO because my son was a foster kid and I love him more than anything!

RIP Natalie - you and your siblings deserved so much more. I pray your siblings are in a safe and loving home and they know you will always be looking over them.

IMO - everything that comes out of Nicole Finn's mouth is a lie. IMO - in cases of child abuse and animal abuse, the punishment should be the same as the abuse. So Nicole and her excuse for a husband need to be put in adult diapers and not fed for the forseeable future. They both need to fully experience what the children went thru. As for CPS or DCF or whatever it's called in this state, i'd start arresting, and charging every person that was involved in this that didn't do ANYTHING and I'd work my way up to the state level. There might not be anyone left when I got done, but I'd start over with people that have common sense and care about children.

That is really sick crime! :mad: :furious: :puke:

What the heck is wrong with these people?? I'm starting to think there should be some kind of written test or something required before people can become parents. I adopted my dog from a rescue organization that rehabilitates dogs that were used in fighting rings, and I had to have a home visit before I was approved to adopt her. They also called my vet as a reference to prove I can take care of a dog. I could have had a kid without going through any of that. My dog has a far better life than these poor kids...it's absolutely sickening that something like this could happen to these poor innocent children.

Since Nicole and Joseph Finn killed someone else's children in the form of an adopted child, this puts her in a rare category of females who kill someone else's children.

Elizabeth Bathory
Gertrude Baniszewski
Laurie Dann
Karla Holmolka
Louise Woodward
Lori Drew
Melissa Huckaby
Elisa Baker
Mona Nelson
Carri and Larry Williams
Molly Jane Roe
Renee King
Jennifer Duran Martinez
Yoselyn Ortega
Gyulchehra Bobokulova
Shamdai Arjun
Harley Branham

Some are nannies or babysitters like Woodward, Ortega, or Bobokulova. Some are stepparents like Baker and Arjun. Some are mother of the victim's friend like Drew and Huckaby.

Disgusting aberrations.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Nicole Finn seeks venue change, separate trial in daughter's death

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2017/05/01/nicole-finn-seeks-venue-change-separate-trial-daughters-death/308341001/

In a motion filed on Friday, Finn's defense attorneys wrote that the pool of jurors in the Des Moines area has been subjected to "pervasive" media coverage of the case and that it would be difficult to find jurors who don't have an opinion. In addition to news articles, the motion lists a litany of reader comments on just one Des Moines Register article about the conditions investigators found inside the Finn home where the parents are described as "monsters."

“The Mother needs to be terminated off this earth,” reads one comment cited by the attorneys. Another comment reads, "Give the parents a nice bucket of urine and feces to diet on for a few months."

The attorneys list Dubuque, Cedar Rapids and Davenport as potential cities where the case has received less attention from journalists. A May 31 hearing was scheduled to discuss the motion.

Judge: Motion to Move Nicole Finn’s Murder Trial Denied

http://whotv.com/2017/08/08/judge-motion-to-move-nicole-finns-murder-trial-denied/

Judge Romano’s decision to deny the change of motion venue cited a survey of potential jurors called for jury service in Polk County on June 5, 12, 26 as well as July 10 and 17. The survey revealed almost half of the jurors had not heard of the case. The survey also showed 77% of potential jurors indicated they could be fair and impartial jurors.

“The court finds that there has not been a showing of substantial prejudice such that there is no likelihood that a fair trial can be held in Polk County,” wrote Judge Romano in her decision.

Natalie Finn’s parents took out two life insurance policies on their adopted daughter before the 16-year-old died from starvation and abuse in the family's West Des Moines home, Polk County court filings show.

A Hartford Life Insurance policy carried a $10,000 benefit, according to a court filing related to Natalie Finn’s estate. Another policy that Natalie's adoptive mother, Nicole Finn, took out in 2009 carried a $25,000 benefit.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ok-out-life-insurance-policies-her/814547001/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back