1353 users online (199 members and 1154 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

United Airlines Pilot Removed Due To Bizarre Rant Over Intercom

If this happened to a flight I was on I would be so freaked out. I'd be running for the emergency exit and slide down that slide thingy. LOL

http://fortune.com/2017/02/12/united...inton-divorce/

She shows up dressed like a civilian and asks to us to take a vote to see whether she should change into her uniform or fly as is,” Pam O’Neal said, according to Reuters. O'Neal was a passenger on the United Flight 455 that was headed to Austin, TX from San Francisco International Airport.

Picture from Forbes Magazine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Tricia it looks like there were others that felt the same way.

Passengers say the pilot wasn’t wearing a uniform when she boarded the plane. She got on the intercom system and reportedly talked about politics, the presidential election and her divorce.

Passengers also say she asked for a vote on whether to change her clothes to her uniform or fly as is.

http://fox8.com/2017/02/12/united-ai...over-intercom/

At that point, about 20 passengers got off the plane because they felt uncomfortable.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    If this happened to a flight I was on I would be so freaked out. I'd be running for the emergency exit and slide down that slide thingy. LOL

Yikes!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post

I would be right behind you Tricia!

Drugs or alcohol? Or just stress induced incoherent rambling? I'd be off that plane as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    I would be right behind you Tricia!
    Yes, me too.

We were at LAX one evening, waiting for our flight, sitting in the bar. An airline pilot, in uniform, walked up and asked for a double shot of vodka, straight up, and downed it--then quickly walked away. My husband and son actually followed him to see if he was going to get onboard a plane, lol---but he left the airport..... Must have been a rough flight?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Drugs or alcohol? Or just stress induced incoherent rambling? I'd be off that plane as well.
    I'd say stress from her divorce (she talks about getting divorced) and/or stress from being a pilot (it's pretty stressful and fatiguing, apparently) and/or mental illness. Probable combination of all three.

Lets hope by doing this on the ground (so nobody else harmed) and in such a public way means she gets the help she clearly needs.

Image here.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/284492...es-pilot-rant/

The pilot then finished up saying: “So I’ll stop, and we’ll fly the plane.

“Don’t worry. I’m going to let my co-pilot fly it.

“He’s a man.

“OK, if you don’t feel safe get off the plane, but otherwise we can go.”
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Image here.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/284492...es-pilot-rant/

The pilot then finished up saying: “So I’ll stop, and we’ll fly the plane.

“Don’t worry. I’m going to let my co-pilot fly it.

“He’s a man.

“OK, if you don’t feel safe get off the plane, but otherwise we can go.”
    I would be accepting her invite & exiting the plane (like that guy did). No doubt.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Quote Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
    I'd say stress from her divorce (she talks about getting divorced) and/or stress from being a pilot (it's pretty stressful and fatiguing, apparently) and/or mental illness. Probable combination of all three.

Lets hope by doing this on the ground (so nobody else harmed) and in such a public way means she gets the help she clearly needs.
    Yes, it sounds like she was having difficulty handling all of the stress in her life and was on the verge of going off the deep end. I'm glad that UA removed her from the flight before take-off. Pilots need to be in good mental health because so many lives (both in the air and on the ground) depend on them. This just brings to mind the tragic Germanwings flight.

I'm pretty certain that it is an airline requirement that all airline staff be dressed in uniform before boarding the plane. Otherwise, how would an authorized pilot/staff member be distinguished from a high-jacker?
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Bipolar!! Manic!

Unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    Yes, it sounds like she was having difficulty handling all of the stress in her life and was on the verge of going off the deep end. I'm glad that UA removed her from the flight before take-off. Pilots need to be in good mental health because so many lives (both in the air and on the ground) depend on them. This just brings to mind the tragic Germanwings flight.

I'm pretty certain that it is an airline requirement that all airline staff be dressed in uniform before boarding the plane. Otherwise, how would an authorized pilot/staff member be distinguished from a high-jacker?
    On another forum I read whenever airline stuff happens [it's a pilot forum], many people said that it's so common for crew to fly between locations in the jumpseat in civvies, that nobody would really have thought twice about letting her through so long as she had her ID.

If this is true it should be titled....."How to lose your job in under one minute"

As if flying isn't stressful enough...
    This justice system is so one-sided on so many levels...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast