GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
The defendant wiped his eyes as he listened to a recording of himself being interviewed by detectives, following his arrest in April.

As he was asked about the note millionaire children's author, Mrs Bailey allegedly left before her disappearance, Stewart was heard telling officers: "The note was handwriting, it wasn't typed. I thought it was Helen's.

"And she signed the note, no one else would have signed it like that. LB is a nickname I had for Helen, my nickname is BB. It's going back to when we first met. She was little bean and I was big bean."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/26672...999-calls-reporting-childrens-author-missing/

The fiance of children's author Helen Bailey "grinned" at police officers as they attempted to question him about her sudden disappearance, a court has heard.

Ian Stewart, 56, of Royston, Hertfordshire, is accused of drugging and killing the Electra Brown writer in a financially motivated plot last year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...er-trial-authors-fiance-grinned-police-tried/

Sgt Nicole Goodyear told the court Mr Stewart followed police "everywhere" during a search on 15 April.

She said: "He was very interested in what we were doing, he wanted to know what we were doing and why."

Mr Stewart also denies preventing a lawful burial, fraud and three counts of perverting the course of justice.

The trial continues.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-38692970

attachment.php

UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Please continue discussing here.

Ah, that should have read "Good morning everyone". ^^

Ah.... I looked at your post a couple of times this afternoon and didn't notice ! It's a worry...........

I didn't notice either! It's called anxiety.....

With my little dog my side and my knitting in my lap, looking forward to the 'slam dunk' and a very late night!

Morning team - by 'eck it's parky out today.

Morning team - by 'eck it's parky out today.

Good morning - yes, but here it's sunny, so I am going out and will miss the beginning.

From the previous thread's late-night musings I've just seen, I wanted to ask, does compulsive lying explain murder? I don't think so, the other things (inferiority/ need to have power over women, money obsession) must come in, and even they don't explain this case fully. It must be Nick/Dave and Joe...

Morning everyone. Hoping Trimmer ties IS up in knots today.

JJ I hope you are feeling cooler today. My iPad tells me it is 23C and heavy rain due in Sydney.

Morning all. Looking forward to Strimmer helping Big Bean seal his fate. Some great posts about motive etc on the end of the last thread!

Good morning all....have to type fast as refresh erases me....grrrrr.......very windy here in NJ

Good morning - yes, but here it's sunny, so I am going out and will miss the beginning.

From the previous thread's late-night musings I've just seen, I wanted to ask, does compulsive lying explain murder? I don't think so, the other things (inferiority/ need to have power over women, money obsession) must come in, and even they don't explain this case fully. It must be Nick/Dave and Joe...

No, compulsive lying is a means to an end (a not guilty verdict). Nor do I feel pure hate is responsible. I favour pure greed.

IS will say, "To be honest Guv, it was the 3 stooges what dunnit".

L2L me and my little dog were up with the lark today too, in anticipation of a front row seat at today's 'slam-dunk'. 'Mutts For Justice' - I think Helen would approve!

It's freezing here too Neteditor. I hear there's quite a different weather forecast for IS - He's expecting a S**t storm!

No, compulsive lying is a means to an end (a not guilty verdict). Nor do I feel pure hate is responsible. I favour pure greed.

Psychopathy. Greed would lead to theft, but murder is not your ordinary solution, far too risky, an individual devoid of empathy or should I say anything remotely resembling feelings.

Psychopathy. Greed would lead to theft, but murder is not your ordinary solution, far too risky, an individual devoid of empathy or should I say anything remotely resembling feelings.

I am not convinced his long term plan was killing her, he wanted control over her (and her money). But as he said - it would be very hard to abuse Helen, she'd come back at you strongly. Perhaps she did exactly that during her last weekend.

Morning everyone. Hoping Trimmer ties IS up in knots today.

JJ I hope you are feeling cooler today. My iPad tells me it is 23C and heavy rain due in Sydney.

Hi IB. Yes, I hope so too.

Yes, the temp. is 23C right now, half what it was yesterday which was our hottest day on record. There were over 100 bushfires raging, now nearly all under control. The forecast is only for light rain. It was blissful here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong