704 users online (77 members and 627 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
    They kinda skirted around that at the presser when questioned about it, so idk if its definite
    It is possible she is in protective custody. I do think it is possible that she called her boyfriend because she and her mom were arguing. And she wanted him to pick her up. Mom might have been angry and gotten into a tussle with one or both of them. Or maybe her boyfriend is violent and he took it upon himself to assault the mother. If so, Chas is in danger as she is a witness.

Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
    Pleased to report at approx 2:28pm (I think) Chastinea was found safely in the city of Gary

Not be releasing any more info

Asked about Moms murder

No info to be released. Both investigations are ongoing

Question about AA and abduction

Officer says she was not privy to the AA but the state issued the AA it met the states criteria for the AA

No reason to spread widespread panic (question about if the public is at risk) Take normal cautions

Asking if she was alone (asking about a BF) Don't know

And it ended.

Well that was informative, not.

Glad she has been found safe!!
    Prayers answered!!!

Breast Cancer Survivor/Superhero

Debugging - both computer program and brain.

Find Bridge Guy - Justice for Libby and Abby

Justice for Naomi Jones.

Justice for Kiaya Campbell.

Justice for La Tania Carwell

I just have a feeling that things are not as they seem.

We will see in the coming days I guess.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Happy she was found safe!

I just came on to check before going to bed and I'm so relieved to see she's been found.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

I must be crazy but I swear I read that Chas was in police custody but can't find that wording this morning. I am glad the young lady is safe but I am afraid there is more to this story.

Quote Originally Posted by LostOldUserName View Post
    I must be crazy but I swear I read that Chas was in police custody but can't find that wording this morning. I am glad the young lady is safe but I am afraid there is more to this story.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8#post13144368
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Are they protecting the young girl from physical harm, or does she have involvement in mother's death? I realize she is a minor, but LE seems much more protective of info than usual.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/c...6b43d10b4.html

(BBM)
    ....police are saying little else publicly about the ongoing investigation into her disappearance.

"We will not be releasing much information at this point, just that she has been recovered, the Amber alert will be cancelled, and the investigation is still ongoing," Lt. Dawn Westerfield said during a Tuesday afternoon news conference at the Gary Police Department.

Reeves was found shortly before 2:30 p.m. “within the city of Gary,” police said. Westerfield declined to offer further details about where the teen was found, if Reeves was with anyone, or if police have anyone in custody.

Westerfield fielded questions from reporters Tuesday, but declined to release additional details. She also would not confirm whether the cases were related.

"The integrity of both cases must be kept," Westerfield said.

Asked if neighbors should be concerned about their safety, Westerfield said she believes there is no cause "for any widespread panic."

An autopsy on Garnett was completed Monday, said Scott Sefton, Lake County coroner's office chief deputy. As of Tuesday morning, the coroner's office was not disclosing what Garnett's injuries were because of an ongoing investigation, he said.

"At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    Are they protecting the young girl from physical harm, or does she have involvement in mother's death? I realize she is a minor, but LE seems much more protective of info than usual.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/c...6b43d10b4.html

(BBM)
    ....police are saying little else publicly about the ongoing investigation into her disappearance.

"We will not be releasing much information at this point, just that she has been recovered, the Amber alert will be cancelled, and the investigation is still ongoing," Lt. Dawn Westerfield said during a Tuesday afternoon news conference at the Gary Police Department.

Reeves was found shortly before 2:30 p.m. “within the city of Gary,” police said. Westerfield declined to offer further details about where the teen was found, if Reeves was with anyone, or if police have anyone in custody.

Westerfield fielded questions from reporters Tuesday, but declined to release additional details. She also would not confirm whether the cases were related.

"The integrity of both cases must be kept," Westerfield said.

Asked if neighbors should be concerned about their safety, Westerfield said she believes there is no cause "for any widespread panic."

An autopsy on Garnett was completed Monday, said Scott Sefton, Lake County coroner's office chief deputy. As of Tuesday morning, the coroner's office was not disclosing what Garnett's injuries were because of an ongoing investigation, he said.

I am with you, which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by LostOldUserName View Post
    I am with you, which is it?
    It could easily be both.

Not saying anything until you're sure what happened is just good police practice.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

IN - Chastinea Reeves, 15, Gary, 13 Feb 2017

Wonder when we will get new info on this case? Really, as far as mom goes. Kind of doubt we will hear much on Chaz per se as she is a minor.

What do y'all think?

Quote Originally Posted by MsArk View Post
    Wonder when we will get new info on this case? Really, as far as mom goes. Kind of doubt we will hear much on Chaz per se as she is a minor.

What do y'all think?
    IDK. It's hard to say. I'm hoping Chaz had nothing to do with her mom's passing. If she did (again, hoping and praying she did NOT), she could be charged as an adult.

I'm not sure how Indiana's laws work with respect to minors being charged with a crime.

Does anyone know?

Breast Cancer Survivor/Superhero

Debugging - both computer program and brain.

Find Bridge Guy - Justice for Libby and Abby

Justice for Naomi Jones.

Justice for Kiaya Campbell.

Justice for La Tania Carwell

It reminds me of the case I believe in the summer? Where a mom and I think step father were found murdered and the teenage daughter was missing and later found? They were part of the fury community?? We never heard much afterwards? I believe two boys were arrested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyannaON View Post
    It reminds me of the case I believe in the summer? Where a mom and I think step father were found murdered and the teenage daughter was missing and later found? They were part of the fury community?? We never heard much afterwards? I believe two boys were arrested.

That is the one I thought of too, in CA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...hlight=furries

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Quote Originally Posted by crhedBngr View Post
    IDK. It's hard to say. I'm hoping Chaz had nothing to do with her mom's passing. If she did (again, hoping and praying she did NOT), she could be charged as an adult.

I'm not sure how Indiana's laws work with respect to minors being charged with a crime.

Does anyone know?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I can google! According to this site (https://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/tryingjuv...states/in.html) there have to be certain aggravating circumstances. Factors in the severity of the crime, if it's in the best interest of the community, etc.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast