IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
MISSING: Two 13-year-old girls dropped off to go walking at Carroll County trail
Missing%20Girls_1487042903108_55088620_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
Carroll County Sheriff Toby Leazenby said Abigail Williams and Liberty German were last seen around 1 p.m. when they were dropped off to go hiking at High Bridge, just east of Delphi.

ISP page dedicated to the investigation (includes audio of suspect)

Pictures of Abby and Libby
Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread
Rules Etiquette & Information

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this hike something they did often? Apparently, their high school was out on some type of winter break yesterday.

That bridge looks dangerous! I hope they didn't run into trouble there. Searching Google for Monon High Bridge Trail provides some pictures of the area.

They are resuming the search at daybreak.

I saw this in one of my homeschool groups. Maybe a dumb question, but that railroad is no longer active, right? This place seems like the perfect place to use heat detection at night! I wish they would have done that search tonight. If they are hurt, tomorrow could be too late. The girls seem fascinating. I really hope they are found soon.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

man the weather last night was in the low 30's....I do hope these girls found somewhere to stay warm.

This is my community :( Another search is being organized around the bridge area, and dogs are expected from Illinois at any time.

Was this hike something they did often? Apparently, their high school was out on some type of winter break yesterday.

That bridge looks dangerous! I hope they didn't run into trouble there. Searching Google for Monon High Bridge Trail provides some pictures of the area.

They are resuming the search at daybreak.

Schools were closed Fri & yesterday because they didn't have to use any snow days this year. This is a place that people of all ages hike and explore, but also a teenage hangout spot. We had very nice (for February in Indiana) weather yesterday, but so cold last night and this morning. :(

I'm scared for them. It's said that the bridge is a common hiking place but the pictures that Liberty took still make it look so desolate when they were there. And for both of them to go phone silent doesn't speak to an accident to me. It speaks of #1 running away or #2 foul play.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It seems very very hopeful that these two girls have run off for an adventure. The dangerous things that can befall them on the railroad tracks are highly unlikely to happen to BOTH girls - kidnapping, falling and getting injured, becoming disoriented, etc. These are the things that are more likely to happen to one person, not two.

Additionally, the grandfather is saying the phone was pinging in town? The last "snapchat" posted is the one of Liberty on the railroad tracks - and that was posted at 2:07 - I'm guessing that was the "in town" use of the phone? If so, it seems it's very very likely they'll be located today somewhere in town.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-missing-after-being-dropped-off-to-go-hiking

Schools were closed Fri & yesterday because they didn't have to use any snow days this year. This is a place that people of all ages hike and explore, but also a teenage hangout spot. We had very nice (for February in Indiana) weather yesterday, but so cold last night and this morning. :(

Hello fellow Hoosier! I'm not too far away (Parke County near Turkey Run State Park). I was really concerned about last night's cold weather if they were indeed lost, but it seems more likely they are voluntarily missing now. Hope they find their way home.

I can't imagine dropping my daughter off to hike a place like that - or anyplace - without an adult. Praying these girls are just lost.
I confess to the same thought, but don't want to be mistaken for blaming these poor parents. Truth is I'm a worrier. At 13 my kids weren't allowed on a nature hike without an adult, no way. The worrying alone would have done me in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't want to turn this into a parenting debate, but after googling the park I don't see how teenagers grow into functional adults if they aren't allowed the freedom to go to this park, in pairs, for a couple hours on a pretty afternoon. Suddenly they'll be 16 and driving, never having been out of eyesight of an adult.

Statistically, it is extremely unlikely that a pair of 13 year old girls would both come to harm at a park, even one with a trestle type bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni