979 users online (184 members and 795 guests)  

Websleuths News

LA - LaKelvin Manning, 19, shot to death, Minden, Nov 2005

63-year-old Minden man has been booked with second-degree murder after allegedly shooting another man he found with his 16-year-old daughter.

Police arrested Almer L- Odom yesterday after officers answered a shooting call at his residence.

Captain Ray Yetman says Odom confronted 19-year-old Lakelvin Manning after returning home during a work break and finding him with Odom's daughter.

Manning was shot once in the chest. He was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

This case. I was trying to find out how much time the dad got. About all I can find is in "paid archives" and it looks like originally he plead to second degree murder. Then somehow it was reduced to manslaughter.

I'm not positive. If anyone has access to records could you let us know?

I have two baby girls and I shudder to think what I would do if I found an older man with either of them when they are only 16 years of age

I wouldn't be thrilled, for sure... But, a 19 year old dating a 16 year old doesn't creep me out... I dated 2 years younger & 2 yeard older in high school.

Now, if my DH caught ANYONE with our daughter, at ANY age, he would kill the dude.

Louisiana Records are closed. The best I could find is he was convicted of Manslaughter and given an 80 month sentence. He is housed at Webster PP.