Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We are now on verdict watch in the case against Douglas Garland who is accused in the murders of Kathy and Alvin Liknes and their grandson, Nathan O'Brien.

Juror deliberations commenced at 5:13 pm Mountain Time in Alberta, Canada.

Please remember The Rules we have in place at Websleuths.

Verdict Watch is a very tense waiting period and when a verdict is announced, emotions can be heightened, so please be aware of this and keep yourselves in check and post respectfully, with decorum, or take a break until you've calmed down.

The hearts of many thousands have been with the Liknes and O'Brien families throughout this tragedy, and will continue to be with them in the years ahead. Kathy, Alvin, and little Nathan will not be forgotten, and may the family forever find comfort in the beautiful memories they have of their loved ones.

liknes-nathan-o-brien-garland-trial.jpg

Kathy and Alvin Liknes, and their grandson Nathan O'Brien

(pic from CBC news files found here)

*Media, Maps & Timeline*

Rules Etiquette & Information

Nancy Hixt Twitter

Reid Fiest Twitter

Kevin Martin Twitter

Meghan Grant Twitter

Kathleen Petty Twitter

Val Fortney Twitter

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 24s25 seconds ago
Breaking: jury will now he be given green light to begin deliberating at 5:13pm #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 45s46 seconds ago
BREAKING: Jury in Douglas #Garland triple murder trial officially sequestered for deliberations until verdict reached

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 29s30 seconds ago
Jurors should also consider aerial photos of #Garland farm, that appear to show all three naked bodies of victims (adults diapered) #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 31s32 seconds ago
Gates: now talking about aerial photos taken over #Garland farm-crown alleges they show bodies of Nathan, Alvin & Kathy
I missed that all 3 victims were naked in the aerial photos. 😦

We are now on Verdict Watch.

I wish the Jury well. A tough 5 weeks with terrible evidence to see. Let's hope they can bring it home!

Nothing to do now but try to be occupied with something until 9pm tonight!

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago

Now one juror gets randomly selected to be excused. Their juror #s are in a box, one drawn out #Garland

Wow. I believe this is another slight difference from US trial.

In US the extra juror in some states are still held in case there becomes a jury member that gets sick or something and cannot continue in middle of deliberations. What the judge does then is use the extra juror and instruct the jury to start deliberations over from beginning.

I believe AZ is like that if I am not mistaken.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Jurors will deliberate until 9 pm tonight and continue at 9 in the morning if they haven't reached a verdict. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 2m2 minutes ago
The jury in the Douglas #Garland triple murder trial has begun deliberations as of 5:13 pm. Scheduled to go til 9 pm.

I have goosebumps. They must have so many emotions right now. Finally being able to talk about this. Really wishing peace and calm over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are now on verdict watch in the case against Douglas Garland who is accused in the murders of Kathy and Alvin Liknes and their grandson, Nathan O'Brien.

Juror deliberations commenced at 5:13 pm .

Please remember The Rules we have in place at Websleuths.

Verdict Watch is a very tense waiting period and when a verdict is announced, emotions can be heightened, so please be aware of this and keep yourselves in check and post respectfully, with decorum, or take a break until you've calmed down.

The hearts of many thousands have been with the Liknes and O'Brien families throughout this tragedy, and will continue to be with them in the years ahead. Kathy, Alvin, and little Nathan will not be forgotten, and may the family forever find comfort in the beautiful memories they have of their loved ones.

Beautiful!
Thank you SillyBilly.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 39s40 seconds ago
Defence lawyers Kim Ross and Jim Lutz conferred briefly with #Garland in the prisoner's box after court adjourned.

Defence lawyers Kim Ross and Jim Lutz conferred briefly with #Garland in the prisoner's box after court adjourned.

I'd love to know what was said!

"Sorry dude, your f###ed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member