1092 users online (167 members and 925 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    los2188's Avatar
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    From Alaska, but living in Arizona
    Posts
    15,548

    NY - Veronica Hallock, 24, Manhattan, 14 February 2017

    Westchester Woman, 24, Missing Since Noon On Tuesday

    Concerned family members are asking for the public’s help as they attempt to locate a 24-year-old Croton woman who’s been reported missing since Tuesday.
    Veronica was reportedly last seen at Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan.
    http://scarsdale.dailyvoice.com/poli...uesday/700152/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,740
    Praying for this beautiful woman's safe return

    Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    for there is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one's own pain weighs so heavy as the pain one feels with someone, for someone, a pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echoes.” ― Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,883

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1
    Hi, thank you for posting this. This is my sister. She was spotted by an acquaintance shortly after 3pm on Tuesday wearing this backpack.


    Here is an article with more updated information: http://nypost.com/2017/02/16/cops-lo...grand-central/

    If anyone has any information, PLEASE contact me.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    998
    Let's hope this girl is located soon!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    998
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyhallock View Post
    Hi, thank you for posting this. This is my sister. She was spotted by an acquaintance shortly after 3pm on Tuesday wearing this backpack.


    Here is an article with more updated information: http://nypost.com/2017/02/16/cops-lo...grand-central/

    If anyone has any information, PLEASE contact me.

    If you want, you can contact the moderators of this forum and get verified.

    I hope your sister is found safe!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,573
    Hooks Up!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,020
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyhallock View Post
    Hi, thank you for posting this. This is my sister. She was spotted by an acquaintance shortly after 3pm on Tuesday wearing this backpack.


    Here is an article with more updated information: http://nypost.com/2017/02/16/cops-lo...grand-central/

    If anyone has any information, PLEASE contact me.

    Welcome Emily, so sorry it's under these circumstances. I'll echo Rachel1 and say you should get verified.
    You're sister looks like a sweet soul and I hope she's found safe soon.
    Is there any info you can give us about her disappearance that would help us to help you? All the articles I've found haven't given much info. Was she supposed to be meeting anybody that day? Does she have a cellphone that can be pinged?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabirey View Post
    Welcome Emily, so sorry it's under these circumstances. I'll echo Rachel1 and say you should get verified.
    You're sister looks like a sweet soul and I hope she's found safe soon.
    Is there any info you can give us about her disappearance that would help us to help you? All the articles I've found haven't given much info. Was she supposed to be meeting anybody that day? Does she have a cellphone that can be pinged?
    Hi, I'm Emily's close friend and a friend of the Hallock family. Veronica's cell phone has been off since she disappeared, which is alarming because she doesn't know her way around NYC well enough at all to have it off. She also only left with her backpack - didn't bring her computer. The family is working with police to get access to her Tumblr and her iCloud. Emily already managed to break into her Facebook but it wasn't helpful. If she was supposed to be meeting with anyone, it's no one any of us know - even Veronica's closest friend Stef has no idea where she could be or who she would go meet. I called the medical examiner on Thursday, who had no one matching her description, and plan to do it again today (Friday).
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-17-2017 at 07:53 AM. Reason: broken quote

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,020
    Quote Originally Posted by heidivanderlee View Post

    Hi, I'm Emily's close friend and a friend of the Hallock family. Veronica's cell phone has been off since she disappeared, which is alarming because she doesn't know her way around NYC well enough at all to have it off. She also only left with her backpack - didn't bring her computer. The family is working with police to get access to her Tumblr and her iCloud. Emily already managed to break into her Facebook but it wasn't helpful. If she was supposed to be meeting with anyone, it's no one any of us know - even Veronica's closest friend Stef has no idea where she could be or who she would go meet. I called the medical examiner on Thursday, who had no one matching her description, and plan to do it again today (Friday).
    My heart goes out to all of you! I sincerely hope she is found safe and very soon! Do you know if nypd has been able to find her on any surveillance video?
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 02-17-2017 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Repair quote


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,703
    I pray your sister and friend is found safe very soon.

    I live in Westchester and wonder why she got off in Ossining. Looked at the train schedule.
    It looks like she waited for the next train there.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,703
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
    I pray your sister and friend is found safe very soon.

    I live in Westchester and wonder why she got off in Ossining. Looked at the train schedule.
    It looks like she waited for the next train there.
    Were the cameras checked in Ossining? It's strange she got off there. Maybe she was meeting someone there, or got off the train because of someone creepy. The schedule shows the second train arrives at Grand Central 4:28

  13. #13
    GigTu's Avatar
    GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    7,907
    Oh gosh, I hope Veronica just got a little lost and shows up today. Please demand all train station cameras get checked. As far as I know, there are cctv cameras everywhere up there, so LE should be able to spot her.

    The louder of a ruckus you make involving the media, the more likely LE will work to do these things. Scream loud and get attention as soon as possible. Make a Facebook page and share her picture far and wide. Hurry.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,703
    Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post
    Oh gosh, I hope Veronica just got a little lost and shows up today. Please demand all train station cameras get checked. As far as I know, there are cctv cameras everywhere up there, so LE should be able to spot her.

    The louder of a ruckus you make involving the media, the more likely LE will work to do these things. Scream loud and get attention as soon as possible. Make a Facebook page and share her picture far and wide. Hurry.
    I'm thinking they have checked cameras, otherwise how would it be known she got off in Ossining. Also they do have her on camera in Grand Central also.

    another news link:

    http://www.lohud.com/story/news/loca...sing/97971664/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,703
    New NBC link:

    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...414068873.html

    New Details Emerge In Case Of Missing Croton Woman, 24

    http://cortlandt.dailyvoice.com/poli...man-24/700279/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NY NY - Joseph McWalters, 65, Manhattan, 21 Nov 2016
    By los2188 in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 11:48 PM
  2. Found Alive NY - Debreh Gilbert, 63, Manhattan, 14 Jan 2017
    By JerseyGirl in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2017, 05:30 PM
  3. NY NY - Veronica Aguires, 14, Manhattan, 22 Dec 2003
    By capoly in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-10-2016, 05:06 PM