Location Last Seen: Alamogordo, Otero County, New Mexico

Physical Description
Date of Birth: September 6, 1955
Race: Hispanic
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Light brown/blonde/shoulder length with bangs
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has a birth mark on one hip.
Nickname - La Huera

Identifiers
Dentals: Unavailable
Fingerprints: Unavailable
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Pink shorts, white shoes.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance - Sharon Gallegos was kidnapped Thursday, July 21, 1960 in an alley to the rear of her home at 512 Virginia Avenue on Alamogordo's south side at 2:55 p.m. by a man and a woman.

Sharon who would have been 5 on September 5th, was dragged into a " dirty, old green car" believed to be a dark green 1951 or 1952 Dodge or Plymouth. At the time of the abduction an anglo man, described as fair and thin, drove the car which sped south and west onto Fifth Street after Sharon was kidnapped.

The woman was described as a short, heavy-set, woman in her 30's with dirty blond hair. The couple had been stalking Sharon for the last week. After church the previous Sunday they were seen with two youngsters in their car, a small girl and a freckle-faced boy. The woman asked about Sharon's mother, saying she wanted to offer her a job.

The car stopped, the woman asked Sharon to come with her and she'd buy her clothes and candy. When Sharon refused, the woman grabbed her arm and dragged her into the car. She has not been seen since.

If you have any information on this case, please contact: Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Alamogordo Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Sgt. Mark Esquero
Agency Phone Number: 575-439-4300
Agency E-Mail: alamogordopd@ci.alamogordo.nm.us
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 35250
NCMEC number 1277765

Information Source(s)
Alamogordo Daily News - July 22, 1960
El Paso Herald-Post - July 28, 1960
Tuscaloosa News - July 2, 1965

Admin Notes
Added: 2/14/2017; Last Updated: 2/14/2017

Doe Network 3683DFNM
NamUs MP # 35250

Below will be the history of how Sharon was found and how I entered her in NamUs and Doe Network

Someone found a little girl named Sharon Lee Gallegos while reading about Little Miss Nobody. I'm surprised we never saw any of the articles she's mentioned in. This is not my find, I just entered her in NamUs and Doe Network.

My email to NamUs, NCMEC and Doe Network where I gave them all of the news articles that were found as well as typed out all of them. It's gonna take me a few posts to get it all in. I'm not going to post the text to the articles so that I'm not breaking any WS rules. Huge thank you to Migmuu for helping me with the newspaper.com articles!

One of my pet cases is UP #10741 who's been nicknamed "Little Miss Nobody" (LMN). While researching LMN , a little girl named Sharon Lee Gallegos who was kidnapped at 2:55pm on July 21, 1960 from 512 Virginia Ave, Alamogordo, NM. was mentioned in a few articles. August 2, 1960 - Prescott Evening Courier - Officers Still Seek Clues To ID body Of Girl - MISSING GIRL IN N.M. MAY BE NEW LEAD
The last article about LMN that Sharon is mentioned in is about their foot prints being sent to the FBI; eventually another article was found where it's said the foot prints were compared, there was no match; so they do not think Sharon is 10741. August 5, 1960 Prescott Evening Courier Footprints Might Lead To Body ID

Sharon is not in any database so I entered her, she's NamUs MP #35250. I also sent a copy of my email to Dustin since UP 10741 is his case, this was before finding the foot prints were not a match. I wanted to make sure I had every article I could find for history since I did not have an MP report. All of the articles have been screen shotted and typed out as well, to make it easier to compose the circumstances. I also included the article links so it's easier for everyone to confirm where they came from. The articles are listed in order in this email.

To date, Sharon has not been found. I have a lot of information but am missing height and weight. We've found 2 articles for the 5 year anniversary (included below). I also found that someone named Rhonda started a FB page for Sharon called Where is Sharon Lynn Gallegos? (Her middle name is wrong) but they pulled it offline. Here is the google cache.

LE eventually got in contact with Sharon's sister who still lives in Alamogordo. She's submitted DNA but it is not done processing

Sharon Gallegos was kidnapped Thursday, July 21, 1960 in an alley to the rear of her home at 512 Virginia Avenue on Alamogordo's south side at 2:55 p.m. by a man and a woman.

Sharon who would have been 5 on September 5th, was described as having light brown, blondish hair, a light complexion and brown eyes, and was wearing pink shorts and white shoes when she was dragged into a " dirty, old green car" believed to be a dark green 1951 or 1952 Dodge or Plymouth.

At the time of the abduction an Anglo man, described as fair and thin, drove the car which sped South and West onto Fifth Street after Sharon was kidnapped. The woman was described as a short, heavy-set, woman in her 30's with dirty blond hair. The couple had been stalking Sharon for the last week. After church the previous Sunday they were seen with two youngsters in their car, a small girl and a freckle-faced boy. The woman asked about Sharon's mother, saying she wanted to offer her a job.

The car stopped, the woman asked Sharon to come with her and she'd buy her clothes and candy. When Sharon refused, the woman grabbed her arm and dragged her into the car.

Birth date - September 6, 1955
Light brown hair
Fair complexion
Brown eyes
Sharon was wearing pink shorts and white shoes
Scars/ Marks - Birth mark on one hip
Mrs. Lupe Gallegos, had nick-named Sharon "La Huera" because of her blondish hair and fair complexion.
NO HEIGHT OR WEIGHT

There were statements by LE in the various articles, but I don't think Alamogordo LE names were even given except in Arizona.
Yavapai County Sheriff - Jim Cramer
Yavapai County Attorney - Jim Boyle
Congress Junction Deputy - Dan Jacobs
Prescott Justice of the Peace - Jerold P. Kolar
Under Sheriff - Sam Saum
Deputy Yavapai County Attorney - George Ireland
The FBI was working the case in Alamogordo

City of Alamogordo > Departments > Police
700 Virginia Avenue.
Alamogordo, New Mexico 88310
Phone: (575) 439-4300
Fax: (575) 439-4320
alamogordopd@ci.alamogordo.nm.us
http://ci.alamogordo.nm.us/coa/Police_Department.htm

attachment.php

July 22, 1960 - Alamogordo Daily News from Alamogordo, New Mexico · Page 1 "She's My Baby... I Miss Her..." Distraught Mother Pleads For Return Of Daughter, 4 - Kidnappers Car Vanishes After Daylight Snatch

attachment.php

attachment.php

Aug 8, 1960 Prescott Evening Courier - Girl's Body, Kidnap Victim Not Linked: FBI Lab Report Says Prints Not Same

An FBI lab report today ruled out any connection between a small girl's body found near Congress and a kidnapped Alamongordo N.M. girl.

"So, again; we're right back where we started," Yavapai Sheriff Jim Cramer reported.

Cramer and other Yavapai authorities are in the Congress area today to check out other possible clues to the identity of the body found July 31 in a shallow desert grave.

"But the leads still to be checked are aweful flimsy," Under Sheriff Sam Saum said.

The FBI report said the foot prints of the two girls are "definately not of the same girl."

Yavapai officers said that an FBI report covering the girl's clothes and a knife found near the body has not yet been received here.

Another clue, turned up last week, also led to a dead end when the story of a migrant family in the Congress area shortly before the girl's body was found checked out.

Attachments

• 8081960PrescottEveningCourierGirlsBodyKidnapVictimNotLinkedFBILabReportSaysPrintsNotSameCrop2.jpg
    8081960PrescottEveningCourierGirlsBodyKidnapVictimNotLinkedFBILabReportSaysPrintsNotSameCrop2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 244
I don't get why the cops weren't called when that weird couple kept asking about Sharon.

Times were way different, people didn't know that kids were taken. I'm sure Sharon's mother regretted allowing her to go out until the day she died. I know I would have blamed myself too

People didn't know kid were taken? So, no one ever heard of the Lindbergh baby? No one had the gut instinct or common sense to think something was wrong?

Oh come on now, it's not that people literally didn't know children were sometimes kidnapped, but this was a different time... No internet, no 24 hour news stations, reporting was different. The Lindbergh baby was the child of a celebrity... people didn't necessarily relate that to their own lives the same way as we may now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Oh come on now, it's not that people literally didn't know children were sometimes kidnapped, but this was a different time... No internet, no 24 hour news stations, reporting was different. The Lindbergh baby was the child of a celebrity... people didn't necessarily relate that to their own lives the same way as we may now.

Agreed. That case received national, even international, coverage because the father was a celebrity. The vast majority of child disappearances received only local, or at best regional, coverage unless there were circumstances that would have been of interest to the wider public.

Sorry, but I can't get over the sheer stupidity in this case that no one thought it odd that a strange woman was lurking and asking odd questions about a young child.

Sorry, but I can't get over the sheer stupidity in this case that no one thought it odd that a strange woman was lurking and asking odd questions about a young child.
Well, not to be argumentative, but I don't think we can say nobody thought it was strange. Nobody called the police, but that doesn't mean nobody thought it was strange. Unless I missed a quote stating that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

I'm sure her mother blamed herself till the day she died. Her family are victims to some sick person that took Sharon. How horrible not knowing if she grew up or not.

I emailed Brenda (NamUs) and her case worker at NCMEC to see why her NamUs profile is still offline. I entered her almost a year ago. DNA is done processing. Asked if it could go online by Sharon's 57th anniversary on the 21st

I emailed Brenda (NamUs) and her case worker at NCMEC to see why her NamUs profile is still offline. I entered her almost a year ago. DNA is done processing. Asked if it could go online by Sharon's 57th anniversary on the 21st

Sharon's NamUs profile is still offline.

57 years missing. Coming up on her 62nd birthday.

We can hope that she grew up, and had a wonderful life. Sigh.

Sharon's NamUs profile is still offline.

57 years missing. Coming up on her 62nd birthday.

We can hope that she grew up, and had a wonderful life. Sigh.

Thanks for looking. Been busy with another case. Brenda is on vacation; I'm out; am not sure either answered me. I would have posted if they did. NCMEC is short help. I'll try to look at my email tomorrow but I doubt we'll get an answer any time soon. I know they're short on help due to my other case. Brenda has been a huge help to me with that one

Thanks for looking. Been busy with another case. Brenda is on vacation; I'm out; am not sure either answered me. I would have posted if they did. NCMEC is short help. I'll try to look at my email tomorrow but I doubt we'll get an answer any time soon. I know they're short on help due to my other case. Brenda has been a huge help to me with that one

Completely understandable. And I hope NCMEC can get the help they need!

Completely understandable. And I hope NCMEC can get the help they need!

I'll have to see what qualifications they have cause I'm curious. They work 7-3 and get vacations. My partner and I don't ever take off. We work 24-7 for MP families if need be.

I'm home; no reply to my email. I have it up and will try again in the morning. If it bounces the case worker I was working with left

I'll have to see what qualifications they have cause I'm curious. They work 7-3 and get vacations. My partner and I don't ever take off. We work 24-7 for MP families if need be.

I'm home; no reply to my email. I have it up and will try again in the morning. If it bounces the case worker I was working with left

I asked again, the email didn't bounce to the person I was speaking to at NCMEC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back