GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
The defendant wiped his eyes as he listened to a recording of himself being interviewed by detectives, following his arrest in April.

As he was asked about the note millionaire children's author, Mrs Bailey allegedly left before her disappearance, Stewart was heard telling officers: "The note was handwriting, it wasn't typed. I thought it was Helen's.

"And she signed the note, no one else would have signed it like that. LB is a nickname I had for Helen, my nickname is BB. It's going back to when we first met. She was little bean and I was big bean."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/26672...999-calls-reporting-childrens-author-missing/

The fiance of children's author Helen Bailey "grinned" at police officers as they attempted to question him about her sudden disappearance, a court has heard.

Ian Stewart, 56, of Royston, Hertfordshire, is accused of drugging and killing the Electra Brown writer in a financially motivated plot last year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...er-trial-authors-fiance-grinned-police-tried/

Sgt Nicole Goodyear told the court Mr Stewart followed police "everywhere" during a search on 15 April.

She said: "He was very interested in what we were doing, he wanted to know what we were doing and why."

Mr Stewart also denies preventing a lawful burial, fraud and three counts of perverting the course of justice.

The trial continues.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-38692970

attachment.php

UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8

Please continue discussing here.

Please continue here

Let's keep this candle burning, for Helen and Boris.

816743feaba04a7b977b1f291638e055.jpg

What type of dog do you have zab? (I'd love to see a picture of him)

He is a just a mongrel just highly trained;-) was a rescue dog who having been dumped by humans is now trained to help them;-) the irony? "dry humour" ��

Thanks to Zab and the dog!

I hope the judge does a good job tomorrow, and honours the work of everybody who has sought justice for Helen and little Boris.

It was never said in court, I don't believe, why they took the decision to arrest IS on suspicion of murder on 11th July. I would have expected that. Why that date. It must have been a planned operation.

He is a just a mongrel just highly trained;-) was a rescue dog who having been dumped by humans is now trained to help them;-) the irony? "dry humour" ��

Bless him!

Thanks to Zab and the dog!

I hope the judge does a good job tomorrow, and honours the work of everybody who has sought justice for Helen and little Boris.

Amen, Batface - for all family, friends and especially for Helen and Boris.

I felt a bit unclean after all that crap from the defence today, so thank you for that beautiful, restorative image Tortoise.

I just wrote a thank you post to Michelle which promptly disappeared as the thread closed while I was composing it! Michelle, your report of today's proceedings gave invaluable insights and I know is much appreciated by everyone. I struggled to read Russell Flint's puke-inducing attempts to defend that louse, so how you sat through it in court as it spilled from his lips without bringing up your breakfast I don't know. To hear Helen's love for a predator turned against her in that cynical way was truly sickening. But it was clear RF was over embellishing because the material he has to work with is so woefully poor. That he resolutely avoided any mention of Nick and Joe, said it all!

However there are limits and it is really disheartening that he mentioned extending his ludicrous summing up tomorrow - what on earth is there left to say in this man's defence? He was potty trained at one year old? He was an exemplary Boy Scout who helped old ladies across the road? He uses dental floss and deodorant daily?! I exaggerate of course, but not much - RF is singing the praises of a man who quite obviously killed his partner and her dog and dumped their bodies in a filthy cesspit within the family home, while his sons were out at work.

What a vile irony this barrister is exploiting Helen's love and trust in IS to proclaim his innocence, in much the same way as IS exploited her love and trust to kill her. I feel terrible for her brother and other loved ones sitting in court having to listen to this shabby attempt to exploit Helen all over again to get her killer out of jail. I look forward to justice being served next week more keenly now than ever!

Welcome Zab, its great to have you here as one of the many wonderful people who searched for Helen and Boris and hoped against hope there would be a happy ending. You remind me there are many more good and decent folk in the world than evil ones. And in the depths of our despair over the evil that was done to Helen and Boris, it is good to remember that.

It was never said in court, I don't believe, why they took the decision to arrest IS on suspicion of murder on 11th July. I would have expected that. Why that date. It must have been a planned operation.

My understanding is that IS' arrest on July 11th was as a direct result of a cadaver dog alerting three times inside the house (on kitchen bench/a pair of trousers/cleaning materials), a few days prior. The cadaver dog's findings upgraded the police enquiry to a major crime and made IS the prime suspect. I say this from memory - if anyone knows different please feel free to correct me!

Aren't dogs wonderful!

I felt a bit unclean after all that crap from the defence today, so thank you for that beautiful, restorative image Tortoise.

I just wrote a thank you post to Michelle which promptly disappeared as the thread closed while I was composing it! Michelle, your report of today's proceedings gave invaluable insights and I know is much appreciated by everyone. I struggled to read Russell Flint's puke-inducing attempts to defend that louse, so how you sat through it in court as it spilled from his lips without bringing up your breakfast I don't know. To hear Helen's love for a predator turned against her in that cynicalway was truly sickening. But it was clear RF was over embellishing because the material he has to work with is so woefully poor. That he resolutely avoided any mention of Nick and Joe, said it all!

However there are limits and it is really disheartening that he mentioned extending his ludicrous summing up tomorrow - what on earth is there left to say in this man's defence? He was potty trained at one year old? He was an exemplary Boy Scout who helped old ladies across the road? He uses dental floss and deodorant daily?! I exaggerate of course, but not much - RF is singing the praises of a man who quite obviously killed his partner and her dog and dumped their bodies in a filthy cesspit within the family home, while his sons were out at work.

What a vile irony this barrister is exploiting Helen's love and trust in IS to proclaim his innocence, in much the same way as IS exploited her love and trust to kill her. I feel terrible for her brother and other loved ones sitting in court having to listen to this shabby attempt to exploit Helen all over again to get her killer out of jail. I look forward to justice being served next week more keenly now than ever!

Welcome Zab, its great to have you here as one of the many wonderful people who searched for Helen and Boris and hoped against hope there would be a happy ending. You remind me there are many more good and decent folk in the world than evil ones. And in the depths of our despair over the evil that was done to Helen and Boris, it is good to remember that.

DD - I have a loud cough which is weirdly triggered at certain words and phrases e.g. "brave", "loving relationship", "courage", "unblemished past" etc. It`s most strange.. .:silenced:

My understanding is that IS' arrest on July 11th was as a direct result of a cadaver dog alerting three times inside the house (on kitchen bench/a pair of trousers/cleaning materials), a few days prior. The cadaver dog's findings upgraded the police enquiry to a major crime and made IS the prime suspect. I say this from memory - if anyone knows different please feel free to correct me!

Aren't dogs wonderful!

Can't recall the date, but wasn't there also a corner of a room above the garage? Off to bed here! x :eek:fftobed:

DD - I have a loud cough which is weirdly triggered at certain words and phrases e.g. "brave", "loving relationship", "courage", "unblemished past" etc. It`s most strange.. .:silenced:

Ah yes, you have a recognised medical condition - you're severely allergic to defence barristers' BS!

I just wrote a thank you post to Michelle which promptly disappeared as the thread closed while I was composing it! Michelle, your report of today's proceedings gave invaluable insights and I know is much appreciated by everyone. I struggled to read Russell Flint's puke-inducing attempts to defend that louse, so how you sat through it in court as it spilled from his lips without bringing up your breakfast I don't know. To hear Helen's love for a predator turned against her in that cynical way was truly sickening. But it was clear RF was over embellishing because the material he has to work with is so woefully poor. That he resolutely avoided any mention of Nick and Joe, said it all!

:goodpost:Well put DD, couldn't agree more.

Aren't dogs wonderful!

No, the dog indicated much earlier - April I think. Shortly after that the case was moved to the Major Crimes Team.

I think the arrest was after they discovered the router picking up Helen's phone, which I think happened while IS was in Spain and he was arrested when he got home.

I read your post on the previous thread but they closed it before I could reply, dogs are such wonderful and clever creatures what an amazing thing you and your dog do!

No, the dog indicated much earlier - April I think. Shortly after that the case was moved to the Major Crimes Team.

I think the arrest was after they discovered the router picking up Helen's phone, which I think happened while IS was in Spain and he was arrested when he got home.
Yes, I remember that the upgrading to a major crime enquiry was very early indeed and that related to the cadaver dog indicating but wasn't it also the router?
I thought the arrest was triggered by the tip-off regarding the cess-pit, even though they had not yet discovered Helen and Boris? That did happen just after IS returned from Spain. ETA No, not as a consequence though it all happened at the same time - see Alyce's post below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail