836 users online (75 members and 761 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Does anyone know what Melissa's phone looked like? What kind of phone she had? What color it may be? Is it listed in any reports anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Does anyone know what Melissa's phone looked like? What kind of phone she had? What color it may be? Is it listed in any reports anywhere?
    i can't seem to find any article describing melissa's cell phone, but i've been looking around for any photos where she might be holding a cell phone. my only question would be did she have two different sets of phones, a burner for calls and a regular one for keeping in touch with family? i would imagine she would have taken a burner on a call with her but i might be mistaken, but then again, if she had a burner and LISK called amanda on it i wouldn't think it would come up under her contact information.

The phone calls mean there IS an image of LISK.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabenancydrew View Post
    i can't seem to find any article describing melissa's cell phone, but i've been looking around for any photos where she might be holding a cell phone. my only question would be did she have two different sets of phones, a burner for calls and a regular one for keeping in touch with family? i would imagine she would have taken a burner on a call with her but i might be mistaken, but then again, if she had a burner and LISK called amanda on it i wouldn't think it would come up under her contact information.
    Well, according to a http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...cret-life.html and a few other sources I remember reading (probably Kolker's book and Newsday or something), her mother said she kept paying her monthly phone bill for a year after, so it's safe to assume that she had a contract phone. Of course, she may have had a separate burner phone as well, but given that the LISK seems to have used her contract phone to call her sister, personally I'm inclined to believe she didn't, or at least that night it's not the phone she took with her when she encountered the LISK. JMO.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cmessier View Post
    I will add this - if it were downtown, then I would say we might be outta luck. I am always surprised how thin the crowds are downtown aside from Wall St. Plenty of out of the way places in the financial district where nobody could see or hear you.
    Were there any documentaries or TV coming filming down there? I think this person is based in massapequa and used NY to put people off the scent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dontcallmeblondey View Post
    Were there any documentaries or TV coming filming down there? I think this person is based in massapequa and used NY to put people off the scent.

Massapequa cell phone tower pings calls from Gilgo Beach area, it means that atleast once the killer called from roughly the same area he dumped the girls.

ALso the calls stopped coming as soon as a TV station aired news about their existence. This guy is active, probably googling this case every day when he wakes up

Quote Originally Posted by sleuther347 View Post
    Massapequa cell phone tower pings calls from Gilgo Beach area, it means that atleast once the killer called from roughly the same area he dumped the girls.
    Wasn't there a guy from the area Joey B, who was done for soliciting. Quiet well known. It's a very small area only around 20,000 if it was someone from the area. There would be only a few well known Johns to the girls.

Why doesnt the SCPD release snipits of the calls the killer made to Amanda? Others agencies do it. What makes Suffolk Co. so different? Why are they hell bent on letting a killer go free?
    Look how they handled the case with Peaches and the toddler. Look how the toddler was profiled in NAMUS?
    No one would have found her if they tried. By now LE is sure no one is looking for her.
    I think the Dept. is disguisting and selfserving. They just dont have what it takes. Man up or step down.
    Last edited by deedee21; 10-17-2017 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    Why doesnt the SCPD release snipits of the calls the killer made to Amanda? Others agencies do it. What makes Suffolk Co. so different? Why are they hell bent on letting a killer go free?
    Look how they handled the case with Peaches and the toddler. Look how the toddler was profiled in NAMUS?
    No one would have found her if they tried. By now LE is sure no one is looking for her.
    I think the Dept. is disguisting and selfserving. They just dont have what it takes. Man up or step down.
    SCPD had nothing to do with Amanda's calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio girl View Post
    SCPD had nothing to do with Amanda's calls.
    NYC Detectives made the same mistake as everyone else. They let SCPD take control of the entire case. That means they have the tapes of the killer calling Amanda. VERY FEW believe that maybe the calls were not taped.
    Last edited by deedee21; 10-19-2017 at 01:58 AM.

NYC Detectives made the same mistake as everyone else. They let SCPD take control of the entire case. That means they have the tapes of the killer calling Amanda. VERY FEW believe that maybe the calls were not taped.
    NYPD was on Melissa's case. Not SCPD.
    Melissa lived in the Bronx, disappeared from the Bronx.
    Melissa worked on the streets and in clubs in NYC.

SCPD had NOTHING to do with her case.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio girl View Post
    NYPD was on Melissa's case. Not SCPD.
    Melissa lived in the Bronx, disappeared from the Bronx.
    Melissa worked on the streets and in clubs in NYC.

SCPD had NOTHING to do with her case.
    The boys in blue are no longer in charge.

The boys in blue are no longer in charge.
    This is the chief who was in charge of Melissa's case. Chief Thomas Galati.

http://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/bureau...elligence.page

SCPD had NOTHING to do with Melissa's case. Yes, EVERY police station has had to
    hand over their info to SCPD, but SCPD had nothing to do with Melissa's actual case.

Again, there is a lot of information that the public never was privy to, including Lynn, Melissa's mom.

Scorpio, are you suggesting that SCPD does not have the power to release snipits of the calls to the public?
    Or are they just using the tapes to compare the voice to POI's?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4