1243 users online (258 members and 985 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hi Chucky730, like other people have said- trust your gut. I believe you, and even if that *wasn't* LISK something that person said/did was weird and awful enough that it made your survival instincts and fight or flight kick in. I really wish LE would release more info on those calls in one statement- like the exact time, the closest position they were able to triangulate the calls or phone, and *whether they ever recorded the calls*(It's looking like the answer there is no, which is nutso. Why wouldn't they record them if it's true they actually tried to locate the caller in midtown during a call?
    You might be very helpful to the case if they do have archived footage of the area somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    I dont think killing season ever implys that every case from state to state is all the work of one killer. Josh and Rachel shed light on the fact that all these cases are similar. Sex trade for the most part, remains identified/unidentified, killers never caught. Stuff like that, but never implying a one person killer for every case they explore through the season.
    I like the idea that Tom Hargrove is able to pinpoint areas where serial killings are happening. LE doesnt want to admit theres a killer in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    Hi Chucky730, like other people have said- trust your gut. I believe you, and even if that *wasn't* LISK something that person said/did was weird and awful enough that it made your survival instincts and fight or flight kick in. I really wish LE would release more info on those calls in one statement- like the exact time, the closest position they were able to triangulate the calls or phone, and *whether they ever recorded the calls*(It's looking like the answer there is no, which is nutso. Why wouldn't they record them if it's true they actually tried to locate the caller in midtown during a call?
    You might be very helpful to the case if they do have archived footage of the area somewhere.
    Supposedly calls were not recorded. I dont believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    Supposedly calls were not recorded. I dont believe it.
    Especially after 9/11 when cameras started going up everywhere.. there should of been multiple cameras in such high traffic areas by that time. 2007 and 2009. Everything seems to be on camera in nyc.

Especially after 9/11 when cameras started going up everywhere.. there should of been multiple cameras in such high traffic areas by that time. 2007 and 2009. Everything seems to be on camera in nyc.
    Problem is: security cameras etc. are usually erased after x amount of time.

I bet the FBI got involved when the calls started coming in. This would have been up their alley.

I dont believe they didnt record the call either they stated that they had a phone tap and attempted to triangulate the position of the caller so of course they have a recording I dont understand why they would not release it tho. come to think of it by the same reasoning that they must have been ready to record the phone calls because they had a tap on the phone they must have gathered cc tv footage from the area. Not that they would tell someone like me but who would be the agency to contact about this? I mean I do remember the exact spot I will never forget

Quote Originally Posted by DQN View Post
    Problem is: security cameras etc. are usually erased after x amount of time.
    True.. youd think if there were say 15 cameras that covered that location, that atleast one of them would still have some backup. With the nsa and metadata storage, i personally find it hard to believe that these tapes after a period of time are unretrievable. Look at these wikileaks cia/nsa document leaks. Big brother seems to watch and store everything until they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky730 View Post
    I dont believe they didnt record the call either they stated that they had a phone tap and attempted to triangulate the position of the caller so of course they have a recording I dont understand why they would not release it tho. come to think of it by the same reasoning that they must have been ready to record the phone calls because they had a tap on the phone they must have gathered cc tv footage from the area. Not that they would tell someone like me but who would be the agency to contact about this? I mean I do remember the exact spot I will never forget
    Do you remember the time of day you were on 34th st?

Na.... all I know it wasn't morning time. some time between afternoon and evening I cant remember. It was to long ago to say for sure

Chucky you really need to contact LE. It could be nothing or it could be something. especially if you could describe him even somewhat to LE. Remember every thing helps even if it is only small.

Quote Originally Posted by moonblaze View Post
    Chucky you really need to contact LE. It could be nothing or it could be something. especially if you could describe him even somewhat to LE. Remember every thing helps even if it is only small.
    I agree, it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky730 View Post
    I'd contact FBI first as I don't trust the local LE, but I'd also contact them afterwards.

I would have to agree that you may be onto something. That part of 34th Street is only a few blocks from Penn Station. Do you remember if the guy had any identifying features? Maybe he wore glasses or had acne pot marks? Tattoos? Was he dressed business like or casual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an interesting thread. Haven't been here in a while so hello all. Had a rough year with losing my mom back in Nov and trying to stay away from other things that will make me sad, like this LISK case. I really feel for the families. They must hate LISK like I hate Cancer.

On a lighter note here, this all sounds good in theory. I grew up in NY and I have been to Times Square a countless amount times. It's busy there, especially during the day. You are talking hundreds of thousands of people. LISK could be any one of them and just because his calls pinged to TS, he could've been anywhere in Times Square. He could've been a cop, sitting in a car, a taxi driver, a construction guy in a work van, I mean anywhere. To be making the kind of calls he was making, one would think he'd be hiding somewhere off to the side. Somewhere in a car where he wasn't heard by people passing by. Then again, in NYC someone could be bleeding to death on the sidewalk and people would just walk around them without giving a second look. It's very easy to hide in plain sight. I've thought about the security footage and photographs several times but when I think of the crowds in TS, it would be almost impossible to find this guy. You would have better luck finding Waldo.

This has probably been discussed but how accurate are the pings when police triangulate? Are we talking a mile to a few mile radius or an exact pin point location of the phone?

All in all I am totally embarrassed of the police force in Suffolk county. They could really utilize the public in this case but they refuse to release any info. I know they must keep something under the cuff for investigative purposes but they are so tight lipped about everything. Why is it almost a decade later and Shannan Gilberts 911 calls haven't been made public? It's infuriating and to me it wreaks of a police coverup.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast