Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
William Tyrrell: ‘One million reasons’ to come forward over toddler’s abduction
7:29pm September 12, 2016

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2fimages%2f2015%2fapril%2f17%2f1604_william_tyrrell_1.ashx%3fw%3d603

A $1 million reward, the largest in New South Wales history, has been announced for information that leads to the arrest of the person who abducted missing toddler William Tyrrell, or for the boy’s safe return or recovery.

William, then aged three, went missing from the backyard of his grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the state's mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014.

[...]

"You’re in a much better position if you come to us than if we come to you."

Det. Insp. Jubelin also said the investigation was "a long way" from going to a coronial inquest, and that police did not believe William's family were involved.

Rules Etiquette & Information

William Tyrrell MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15
Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18

Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21
Thread #22Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25

WHERE IS WILLIAM ???

"The worst case is not that a body is found", Jubelin says..."The worst case is that a body is never found".

During a bail application before the NSW Supreme Court on Wednesday, Mr Spedding's defence argued his alleged victims may have come into contact with his former brother-in-law and convicted killer Jeffrey John Hillsley.

A decision about whether Mr Spedding will be granted bail is expected to be made on Friday.
Mr O'Brien argued that one of the victims suffered an injury that could have been suffered months prior. He also argued that Mr Spedding's alleged victims had been "coached" and "tutored" into naming him as their attacker.

Hillsley had previously served jail time for sex offences against three young girls.
Mr O'Brien argued that one of the victims suffered an injury that could have been suffered months prior. He also argued that Mr Spedding's alleged victims had been "coached" and "tutored" into naming him as their attacker.

Hillsley had previously served jail time for sex offences against three young girls.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/bill-sped...dering-rapist-court-told-20150614-ghnx8h.html

Defence lawyer Peter O'Brien told the court Hillsley, who had been convicted of abducting and indecently assaulting a five-year-old, had lived at home with Spedding's alleged victims in January 1987.
Spedding is accused of sexually assaulting the two girls, aged three and six, in a caravan at Campbelltown in April/May 1987.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/bill-sped...dering-rapist-court-told-20150614-ghnx8h.html

6 June 1984 - JH goaled.
19 Dec 1986 - released
29 Jan 1987 - parole revoked

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/s...1992/39.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=hillsley

Spedding, 65, is facing seven charges of indecent assault children in Victoria between 1983 and 1987

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...l-spedding-will-try-to-stop-nsw-trial/7669984

Crown prosecutor Rose Sharma said Hillsley was in prison on other offences around the time the assaults on the three and six-year-old girls occurred. Hillsley was never charged over these allegations.

Mr O'Brien said that while medical evidence suggested the victims were abused in the first half 1987, it didn't show exactly when the abuse happened.
But Mr O'Brien said there had been a 'thorough police investigation' of Mr Spedding back in the late 1980s and he hadn't been charged.

So we will just have to wait and see what the jury decides on the matter of innocence or guilt.
And if there was such a thorough investigation done, it wasn't too thorough if 30 years later they have had to re charge him again. Doesn't make sense IMO.

I would not expect that BS defense would have said anything other than a thorough investigation had taken place near 3 decades ago.
Maybe it was not as thorough as it could or should have been.
imo

Weren't Speddo's grandchildren taken away from him too, around the same time he was charged with these offences? Did we ever hear anything more about that? Was there any evidence that he had harmed them, did he get them back and if not, could he get them back if found not guilty?

det jubelin recently brought justice to the bowraville children, with an arrest as he had promised their families years ago, he was also on this historic bs case from the beginning, he knows bs history and he will be determined to see justice done, he doesnt give up and he will see williams case through too!

det jubelin recently brought justice to the bowraville children, with an arrest as he had promised their families years ago, he was also on this historic bs case from the beginning, he knows bs history and he will be determined to see justice done, he doesnt give up and he will see williams case through too!
:goodpost:

BBM

LEIGH SALES: Detective Inspector, you've worked on this case for many years. What's your reaction to this news today?

GARY JUBELIN: I thought it was a very positive step.
I've been with the families for 20 years now, working on this investigation. And I know the struggles that they've been through. And they've always been seeking their day in court.

LEIGH SALES: And a long time for you, too, to be on this case?

GARY JUBELIN: It is a long time to be on this case.
But it's not hard to stay on the case when you see the families: how they've been struggling to find justice and finding answers to what happened to their children. So it makes my job and my team's job a lot easier to continue on.

LEIGH SALES: Is there any hurdle to that because Colleen's body has never been found?

GARY JUBELIN: Look, we're branching into the area of evidence. And because now the matters are before the court, it's probably sensible for me not to make commentary about the evidence.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-24/new-development-in-bowraville-murders-case:-nsw/7442946

Weren't Speddo's grandchildren taken away from him too, around the same time he was charged with these offences? Did we ever hear anything more about that? Was there any evidence that he had harmed them, did he get them back and if not, could he get them back if found not guilty?

BBM
Yes how does that work? I dare not think about it.

Police also uncovered “records held by the NSW Department of Family and Community Services concerning the accused and serious allegations of persistent sexual abuse … in the mid to late 1980s”, the facts sheet said..........

A police facts sheet, presented to the court last week, said Mr Spedding was “in negotiations … to regain access to” the children before his arrest.
“Police hold serious concerns for the safety of these children if the accused is once more given access,” the document said.

The boys’ mother said yesterday she raised the allegations surrounding the alleged 1987 abuse involving Mr Spedding during a meeting with state authorities roughly 2½ years ago.
She recently complained to the NSW Ombudsman, asking for an investigation into how her children came to be living with Mr Spedding.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/dc162954d67a5c014031cb4e59bfc735

So many investigations involving BS.

Rehashing my reasons for why there is room for doubt in B.S. NSW case.

Denied from the beginning the allegations that his family and family friends all seem to be aware of. I speculate they would be aware of them and support B.S. as they had knowledge of J.H's previous crimes and he was living in the same house, (his parent's house) as the victims in January 1987. He was living there during his parole from December 1986 until his parole was revoked at the end of January 1987.

https://jade.io/article/151822

The above link gives a more thorough description of JH's offending history. Under the title Judges2, points 10 and 11 are highly relevant to the case B.S. is facing now. It says why JH's parole was revoked. When I read all of JH's offending history, he is cooperative when caught after an offense and admits what he has done. When he is caught in the toilet with the child at his place of work, he minimises the situation. My opinion was he was caught just before he did something. The admission about his feelings and intentions toward his neice,(who is one of the victims in B.S.trial) to my mind are an admission of what he has already done and it is a way to prevent himself from committing further acts and sparing them going to court. He has his parole revoked. I think the police investigating in 1987 had this information at the time and that is why they didn't charge B.S. even with one of the victims naming him as the perp and medical and Docs report at the time. They knew what J.H. was and he was back in jail, so I think there was an element of laziness by the police at the time.

It is interesting to me that the police can not get their hands on the original police interview with B.S. How can they not have the original record but accurately say why charges were not pursued at the time, apparently because of the girls tender years? IMO they probably had it on record that J.H. was the main suspect at the time and do not want to bring that fact into the present proceedings.

Whatever the prosecution or the defense say, the judgement presiding over B.S. bail was that there were the very real issues of who had committed the crime and the victims being coached and tutored.

The victim who named him and was 3 at the time has no memory of the events.

The police tendered fact sheet that described many other crimes and was also described as "evidence" by the prosecutor was described by the bail judge as unsubstantiated allegations.

The 6 year old victim in this case is the same victim in the Victorian case and as far as I know, there are no other victims. Her allegations are from the years 1983 - 1987. When she was 2-6.

I have questions around the mother seeing any other injuries on these children in the 4 years leading up to this reported event and what did she and her parents stand to lose if it was found that her brother, their son , J.H., was found to be responsible for the N.S.W. charges? Was there a custody battle ensuing for these victims at the time of the assaults?

I don't think M.S or those involved with B.S. have turned a blind eye. I think they might have a very different perception of the historical charges. When B.S. was being investigated in WT's disappearance, it seems like M.S. has had a moment of doubt and seen a clairvoyant. The historical case came up in the WT investigation due to a tip off from a family member and the police pursued it. He is either guilty as hell or the WT case has "agitated" the past and this is a very unfortunate situation. I'm going for the latter at present. MOO

BBM

Police also uncovered “records held by the NSW Department of Family and Community Services concerning the accused and serious allegations of persistent sexual abuse … in the mid to late 1980s”, the facts sheet said..........

A police facts sheet, presented to the court last week, said Mr Spedding was “in negotiations … to regain access to” the children before his arrest.
“Police hold serious concerns for the safety of these children if the accused is once more given access,” the document said.

The boys’ mother said yesterday she raised the allegations surrounding the alleged 1987 abuse involving Mr Spedding during a meeting with state authorities roughly 2½ years ago.
She recently complained to the NSW Ombudsman, asking for an investigation into how her children came to be living with Mr Spedding.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/dc162954d67a5c014031cb4e59bfc735

My understanding is “records held by the NSW Department of Family and Community Services concerning the accused and serious allegations of persistent sexual abuse … in the mid to late 1980s”, the facts sheet said.......... are in relation to the same victims and NSW charges and the records are for family court proceedings. My opinion of this case is still, the police have fattened up any facts they have, to give the most open interpretation to the media who have of course spun it for maximum impact. MOO

It is confusing in BS's case. Are the two children in the historic case the victim's in all these charges or are there other children involved? It is never clear to me with how they word their articles in msn.

I would not expect that BS defense would have said anything other than a thorough investigation had taken place near 3 decades ago.
Maybe it was not as thorough as it could or should have been.
imo

I think that would be difficult to say seeing as original transcripts from the police interview with Spedding were lost?

I would be more concerned about what appears to be a dogged attempt by the police and prosecutor to turn a blind eye to the facts in the N.S.W. case. The fact the police leaked to the media and splashed B.S. all over the front page of the paper as a P.O. I. was my 1st indicator that this man is being denied natural justice. Nothing has changed my mind in 2 1/2 years. MOO

I would be more concerned about what appears to be a dogged attempt by the police and prosecutor to turn a blind eye to the facts in the N.S.W. case. The fact the police leaked to the media and splashed B.S. all over the front page of the paper as a P.O. I. was my 1st indicator that this man is being denied natural justice. Nothing has changed my mind in 2 1/2 years. MOO

Very good points frogwell, and i agree. BS has never been named a suspect in William's case, only a POI.

BBM

So Spedding and his wife fostered those children? Wouldn't that mean a police/background check? Obviously then nothing came up on BS's record?

So Spedding and his wife fostered those children? Wouldn't that mean a police/background check? Obviously then nothing came up on BS's record?

Yes you would think so, but there were changes.

“This is to enable all applicants, including those with previous clearances, to be subject to ongoing monitoring for relevant new records that could lead to their clearance being cancelled.”

Child-related workers and volunteers in the following groups need to obtain and provide their application or clearance number to their employer or relevant organisation for online verification by 31 March 2014:

Child protection
Disability services
Justice services
Religious services (working as a minister, priest, rabbi, mufti or other like religious leader or spiritual officer of the organisation)
Youth workers
School cleaners
Authorised carers – including foster carers and other authorised carers of children in statutory and supported out-of-home care
Adults who reside in the home of an authorised carer or family day care service provider or home-based education and care service provider.

http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/about-us/news/new-working-with-children-check-deadline-nears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail