OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

MOD NOTE: You may discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Try to keep your speculation broad as LE have given no statements indicating they have POIs or suspects in mind.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)
Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports

source article

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5
Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13
Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16

Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20

Thread #21Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24

Victims
Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

I do so honestly pray that this is the thread where we get arrests. This family, nor any other deserves to go through what happened to them that fateful night. The outright terror and physical pain they suffered can only be speculated, because their lives were cut way short by somebody(s) who thought they had the right for whatever their reasons were. Whole familIes torn apart and lives changed forever, including little ones. No one has that right. I suspect more than one person knows who did this, someone close to them. My message to them, come forward. Even if this is someone close such as a relative. Whomever killed these 8 people, well they are not safe to be around.
:rose: :angel: :rose:

I completely agree...someone knows who did this...I can understand fear of this person (persons) but how do they know they won't be next?

I feel arrests will be made by April and yes, there are two people that did this. What I do know is that social media tells a lot about a person. I am 99.9 percent sure who did this and why.

I completely agree...someone knows who did this...I can understand fear of this person (persons) but how do they know they won't be next?

I think it all depends on motive. Most people may not be in fear of being next if the R family was specifically targeted for a specific reason.

I cannot imagine family getting so furious, and maybe some verbal abuse, emotional cruelty, could be a contributing factor,also, harbouring enough hate to kill family members. But, unfortunately, it happens much too often. I have some two faced relatives who believe I made a mess of my life, and didn't live up to my potential. So, I sometimes I have to bite my tongue, because I would really really like to tell them off! But never in a million years would I physically hurt any of them.

I feel arrests will be made by April and yes, there are two people that did this. What I do know is that social media tells a lot about a person. I am 99.9 percent sure who did this and why.

A leader and a follower? Or a manipulative woman?

Not a woman involved directly, but because of one, and other factors.

Can you elaborate using Alpha or Numeric characters to articulate your theory, ie; Person A or Person One ?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I think it all depends on motive. Most people may not be in fear of being next if the R family was specifically targeted for a specific reason.

I was thinking more of them being targets because they know too much

Are you saying that you think people would have killed for a woman who thought she was scorned? What kind of person(s) do you think would kill 8 people for her? A father? A sibling?

Never underestimate the fury of a female.

One very upset one...with plenty of backup.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Please let me clarify. The woman issue is because a person can't keep a relationship and the day before these murders, one family member had just broken up. The "last straw" mentality, maybe being double crossed by CR1, can't keep a job, financial problems, made remarks in postings against the family, and legal issues was all on one person. Family made remarks about him seeing this girl, which only lasted three weeks. Compare the profile of a mass murderer and his postings, then he is on the top of my list. PM me if you want the initials.

Well,USA, your post above just blew one of my suspicions out of the water. The one I have had strong, negative feelings about would have the potential of bullying others to come around to the way THEY think, and bullying others to do their dirty work for them.
I know my thinking could be way out in left field, but from the things I have read, there's no way I can completely throw that theory out.

I feel this way that a male had a meltdown after failed relationships, with one ending on the 21st, not able to see his kids, financial problems, and prior telling the family off, just like his brother. Look at the profile of a mass murderer and compare with social media. I would of honed in on this one.

Good grief, no arrests yet? It's discouraging for me. I can't imagine what the family is going through.

I feel this way that a male had a meltdown after failed relationships, with one ending on the 21st, not able to see his kids, financial problems, and prior telling the family off, just like his brother. Look at the profile of a mass murderer and compare with social media. I would of honed in on this one.

If one of them is the one I'm thinking of, his failed relationship didn't end on the day before, it was already toast. The female he had his kids with, again, if this is the person that I think you're talking about, lives around 1/2 hour away from him, but, the dude managed to drive over 100 miles into eastern Ky, just to see some chic he'd never even met before, and fell in love at first site... Also, parentage was to be established through the court re; the children and parenting classes attended by both parents, and that took a few weeks to sort that out. I personally think he's just a whiner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail