Ben and Jen have Baby Girl

Amraann

Former Member
Reaction score
Ben Affleck and Jen Garner had a baby girl:)

49 minutes agoUPDATED 30 MINUTES AGO
NEW YORK - Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck welcomed a baby girl into the world Thursday.

Representatives for both actors confirmed the birth to The Associated Press. Their publicists, Ken Sunshine and Nicole King, said the child was born at 6:26 p.m. (EST) Thursday.

"Mother, father and baby are doing great," Sunshine and King confirmed. They would not give any other details.

It is the first child for Garner, 33, and Affleck, 33, who were married in June

http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/index.jsp?cat=ENTERTAINMENT&fn=/2005/12/01/275061.html

I'm hearing her name is Violet Ann Affleck. Cute! Jennifer apparently got a lot of purple gifts at her baby shower.

The baby's name is Violet. I know old names are back again, but that just sounds too old lady. Maybe it will grow on me. I give them props for nameing her a real name and not something stupid like most people in Hollywood love to do.

My bff just had a baby girl and named her Ava. I love that name, wish I'd have thought of it first.

shopper said:
The baby's name is Violet. I know old names are back again, but that just sounds too old lady. Maybe it will grow on me. I give them props for nameing her a real name and not something stupid like most people in Hollywood love to do.

My bff just had a baby girl and named her Ava. I love that name, wish I'd have thought of it first.

That really is an old lady name. Then there is Julia Roberts who named her daughter Hazel...that is really old lady!!! Then there is "whoever" that named her daughter Apple!!!!! Entertainers are really out doing themselves with baby names. Brittney Spears is the only one I've heard of who gave her little guy a decent name...JMO.

shopper said:

Heather Locklear's daughter is named Ava.

And it's Gwyneth Paltrow who named her daughter Apple.

Bobbisangel said:
That really is an old lady name. Then there is Julia Roberts who named her daughter Hazel...that is really old lady!!! Then there is "whoever" that named her daughter Apple!!!!! Entertainers are really out doing themselves with baby names. Brittney Spears is the only one I've heard of who gave her little guy a decent name...JMO.
Don't forget "Coco." That name sounds like a monkey to me. :angel:

nanandjim said:
Don't forget "Coco." That name sounds like a monkey to me. :angel:

That was Courteney Cox and David Arquette. Apparently Courteney's nickname was Coco b/c of COurteney COx....cute, but why name your child that?? :rolleyes:

Coco sounds like a poodle and Apple , well it sounds like a fruit or a computer. Violet is pretty, even if not that common.

The name "Violet" to me reminds me of a ringlet haired little cherub faced angel. I've always liked Molly, Emma and Jodie for little girls too. No offense to anyone, but Tiffany, Shanequah, Heather and Alexis's are everywhere. I'm all for older names. They're far better than Apple and Finneaus. :doh: If you can believe this, I saw an article the other day that mentioned a little girl named . . . Diamond. GIMME a break. :truce:

Bobbisangel said:
I wouldn't call Hazel and Violet old lady names. They're traditional names--possibly even family names. Soemthing that has fallen out of favor in this country over the last few decades. I prefer Violet and Hazel to the plethora to "Hunters", "Ashleys", "Jasons", and "Jennifers" out there. There are some names that have existed in my family in some variation for 300+ years, such as Miriam, Simon, Sina, Jobe, Lucille, etc. that are now dying out because the latest generation relies more on baby name books and television shows than personal history. At one point during my first marriage I had two nephews named Joshua & two nieces named Jessica.
Then again, Nick Cage named his son Kal-El, after Superman's birth name on Krypton.

englishleigh said:
That was Courteney Cox and David Arquette. Apparently Courteney's nickname was Coco b/c of COurteney COx....cute, but why name your child that?? :rolleyes:
Didn't hurt Coco Chanel. And Coco Arquette does have a ring to it.

Jeana (DP) said:
The name "Violet" to me reminds me of a ringlet haired little cherub faced angel. I've always liked Molly, Emma and Jodie for little girls too. No offense to anyone, but Tiffany, Shanequah, Heather and Alexis's are everywhere. I'm all for older names. They're far better than Apple and Finneaus. :doh: If you can believe this, I saw an article the other day that mentioned a little girl named . . . Diamond. GIMME a break. :truce:

I read that article. It was in People 2 times. This guy is/was raising his litle girl, going to school and working, doing all the right things to not get caught up in the bad things going on in lower income neighborhood. In last weeks issue they had another article. The poor kid was shot and killed.

kato said:
I read that article. It was in People 2 times. This guy is/was raising his litle girl, going to school and working, doing all the right things to not get caught up in the bad things going on in lower income neighborhood. In last weeks issue they had another article. The poor kid was shot and killed.

I don't think that's the one I read Kato, but it sounds horrible! GEEZ! What is wrong with people?????

Becba said:
Coco sounds like a poodle and Apple , well it sounds like a fruit or a computer. Violet is pretty, even if not that common.
I did have a dog named Coco! LOL:laugh:

I LOVE the name, "Violet"! I don't feel that it's "old lady" at all.

I would name a baby girl Violet in a second.

I have a little girl in one of my church classes that I teach children how to sing each Sunday who's name is Violet. She is so beautiful and the name fits her to a T. I like it a LOT!

kato said:

I saw that on TV. I believe he was the teenage father that was trying so hard to do everything right. So sad.

I think that Violet would have to grow on me. I like the name Ava. Grace and Gracie are popular in the music industry....Faith Hill...Wynonna...Gretchen Wilson.

Bobbisangel said:
I saw that on TV. I believe he was the teenage father that was trying so hard to do everything right. So sad.

I think that Violet would have to grow on me. I like the name Ava. Grace and Gracie are popular in the music industry....Faith Hill...Wynonna...Gretchen Wilson.

LOL, I guess the part where I said it will probably grow on me too was overlooked a few times. No big deal though.

I love the name Grace, I'm thinking of using it if I ever have a baby. I like different, older names too but not granny sounding ones. Again, my opinion only.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back