819 users online (155 members and 664 guests)  

Websleuths News

Sexsomnia

Sexsomnia It wasn't a sexual assault -- it was sleep sex.

In an unusual case in a Scarborough courtroom yesterday, Jan Luedecke was acquitted of sexual assault after a judge ruled he was asleep during the attack -- a disorder known as "sexsomnia."

"This is indeed a rare case ... His conduct was not voluntary," said Justice Russell Otter, as Luedecke's victim shook, sobbed and then left the courtroom.

The judgment has outraged women's groups.

It's ruled Sleep Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Sexsomnia It wasn't a sexual assault -- it was sleep sex.

In an unusual case in a Scarborough courtroom yesterday, Jan Luedecke was acquitted of sexual assault after a judge ruled he was asleep during the attack -- a disorder known as "sexsomnia."

"This is indeed a rare case ... His conduct was not voluntary," said Justice Russell Otter, as Luedecke's victim shook, sobbed and then left the courtroom.

The judgment has outraged women's groups.

It's ruled Sleep Sex
    what will they come up with next??

serioulsy I think hubby suffers from this....

Ya know when they paw you in the middle of he night an refute all knowledge of it??
    Funny I do not recall any time where I have done so.

Ps... I wonder how quick they will awake when you knee them in the jewels????

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    serioulsy I think hubby suffers from this....

Ya know when they paw you in the middle of he night an refute all knowledge of it??
    Funny I do not recall any time where I have done so.
    oh man that is soooo true my hubby has that too....

If you read the article... he says he awoke only when he hit the floor and then suspected they had been having sex because he had a condom on

So he was able to do that.

If you read the article... he says he awoke only when he hit the floor and then suspected they had been having sex because he had a condom on

Oh no he didnt, that is to much, i am sorry....It kind of reminds me of those sleep walking killings.....I mean i am not saying it isnt impossible but come on....

LOL, I think I've just about heard it all now.

Appeal!

The victim in this assult is quoted in the paper as saying that she has the financial means to take this to the top court of the land.

Also the Crown is appealing, they are not too happy as now this has set a precedent (Case Law) which other courts under similar, if not exact circumstances will have not choice but to follow previous rulings.

Now the Crown will have to put on a "mental state" prosecution. The onus on teh victim may not only be to give evidence of the crime and the circumstances, but to offer a "mental state" view.

So the pervert can say: My defence was that I was asleep, prove that I was not. I have no memory of the event, all I remember is waking up when I hit the floor.

Defence lawyer to victim: How do you know that he WAS NOT asleep?

Victim: How the heck as I surposed to know if he was asleep or not, he seemed awake to me. But I don't know

Defence: Then he could have been asleep, because from your own admission you don't know either way and my client contends that he was asleep and was not incontrol of his actions while he was asleep. There has been nothing put in evidence that he was awake. He has no memory of the attack, and is remorseful.

Scary.........very scary..........

As far as I know the man behind this attack was drunk on booze and apparently this predisposed him to this "affliction".

Maybe any women that he knows should be warned that he might rape them as they sleep and then get off scott free. Or lock his door if a female is sleeping anywhere where she is not behind locked doors.

Apparently this defence was used in the USA when a man was accussed of molesting children while he was "sleeping".

Thanks to Casshew for starting this thread and providing the link.