804 users online (90 members and 714 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Earlier today I was high fiving anybody insight on the news of the overall GUILTY verdict, but now I am screaming with Helen's Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Panda View Post
    If he was going crazy over being expected to fork out £3, he must have been quietly apoplectic and seething about the cost of the engagement ring. The creature has no redeeming features at all. Ugly, liar, tight, greedy, conniving, manipulative, repulsive murdering piece of *****e.
    Yes, you can just imagine him standing hunched and unsmiling at Helen's side, totally out of his depth in that posh Piccadilly jewellery shop, silently seething as she excitedly looked at £20k rings he had no intention of buying for her. The utter snake!

I read today that in his evidence he had talked about Helen booking a holiday for the two of them, and he said he was happy to fly with a budget airline but Helen wanted to fly First Class. So what on earth did the tight arse plan to do with all Helen's money?!! He obviously didn't plan on spending it did he? I suppose he hoped this statement would make him look unmaterialistic to the jury, but it just screams MEAN!

It's yet another contradiction in this strange man. He wanted a millionaire's lifestyle but he didn't have the class to know how to live it. I reckon he'd have sat tight in that big house awaiting the eventual declaration of Helen's death. Then he'd have spent the rest of his days sitting on her money in the bank, while going on budget holidays, collecting Tesco Clubcard points, going to bowls, snooker and football (yawn) and slipping out the back door if he was ever expected to buy a round of drinks.

But in the early days of his 'courtship' with Helen you can bet he'll have picked up every restaurant bill to impress her - a worthwhile investment to disguise his true motives.

The police bodycam footage that revealed that framed print of Boris in the hallway made my blood run cold. It was so typically Helen, wasn't it - it looked like artwork from her 'Bikini' book. It occurs to me he would have happily continued to talk about Helen, boast about her success as an author and keep her belongings in the house to garner sympathy and keep up the pretence he loved and missed her. And all the time he was secretly harbouring her body and Boris' too. Thank God the police finally located that second cesspit, or he could be doing exactly that right now! It's so scary to think he possibly got away with killing Diane and could have done the same with Helen. And all the time people thinking what a nice, quiet, inoffensive man he is!

Ooh I can't wait to hear what the judge has to say! I sincerely hope his speech features the words 'thirty years', that's the least he deserves.
    Last edited by DollyDiamond; 02-22-2017 at 11:31 PM.
    O Rose thou art sick. The invisible worm, That flies in the night In the howling storm: Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: And his dark secret love Does thy life destroy. WILLIAM BLAKE

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Earlier today I was high fiving anybody insight on the news of the overall GUILTY verdict, but now I am screaming with Helen's Dad!
    I know exactly what you mean! Its an emotional rollercoaster for us, so what her family are experiencing is unimaginable. I'm hoping a really lengthy prison sentence will bring them some measure of closure, but as always in these cases, it is the victim and their loved ones who get the life sentence.
    O Rose thou art sick. The invisible worm, That flies in the night In the howling storm: Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: And his dark secret love Does thy life destroy. WILLIAM BLAKE

Marking my spot so that I can sneakily read at work. I have adored the pets parade.
    Dolly, I totally agree with your post above. This sorry excuse for a man has no class whatsoever.

RIP Helen and Boris , justice has been done and I anticipate Judge Bright's sentencing comments.

Have a great day you wonderful bunch of sleuthers
    England's dancing days are done...

I am very happy he was convicted. I don't mean to be a wet blanket but maybe planting a flower for Helen and Boris. (People don't realize those pretty balloons seem to end up over the sea and hurt the animals more than you can imagine.) Sorry to be Debbie Downer! Just a suggestion not a criticism .( signed,Sheila: a lurker who lives on an island, who's parents met over homocides ( reporter and detective)...and I survived an attempted homocide. (Spouse)
    Last edited by Sheila Terranova; 02-23-2017 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Terranova View Post
    I am very happy he was convicted. I don't mean to be a wet blanket but maybe planting a flower for Helen and Boris. (People don't realize those pretty balloons seem to end up over the sea and hurt the animals more than you can imagine.) Sorry to be Debbie Downer! Just a suggestion not a criticism .( signed,Sheila: a lurker who lives on an island, who's parents met over homocides ( reporter and detective)and I survived an attempted homocide. (Spouse)
    Thanks for highlighting this Sheila - I didn't know that and we are indeed a bunch of animal lovers on here.

Planting a flower is a lovely idea - or snowdrop bulbs in homage to her snowdrop mug (although wrong time of year). Or another pet parade.

Welcome to the thread and gosh - what a background you have x
    The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is the duty of the living - Lois McMaster Bujold

Morning all. I just feel tired and heart sore today.

Morning all.

Without a doubt, the road to conviction has been a rollercoaster with the full gamut of emotions and then all you need to hear is just one sentence about Helen's Dad's pain and it's all too much again.

Above and beyond Bright's withering conclusion today IS needs to experience some serious financial losses as clearly nothing else touches the sides with him.
    Bring on the police enquiry into all his dealings, especially as Michelle posted those comments from Trimmer on costs re. legal aid at the end of the last thread. ( It's not as if anyone from the Bailey/Sinfields will make a civil claim for suffering.)
    Last edited by cottonweaver; 02-23-2017 at 03:43 AM.

Dolly agree - what would he have done with the money? Nothing much ? To have is to hoard .

I also recollect coming across these features - hysterical attitude to spending tiny sums of £ - in another case here and it is often a sign of serious mental flaws, even featuring alongside some personality disorders.

I expect we will get a few more insights into his past in the media, maybe this morning's papers - will have a look.

If Shannon, the ex- owner of HLodge, knew about his short fuse ( with only having known IS for 3 years) and the bowls club member saw that he could flip over £3.................. then others closer to IS must have experienced his loss of control over the last 40 years.
    ( M.Shannon seemed pretty astute IMO, it's almost as if some of the men have a better grasp of the dynamics, of Stewart, in this case. Unsurprising for an exploiter of women, really. )

We've all been expecting some kind of "conduct disorder" history with this awful man, maybe there's more to come but it's subtler.
    Last edited by cottonweaver; 02-23-2017 at 04:03 AM.

What kind of man kicks off over £3 for a curry night? Who did he think was paying for it- Nick and Joe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The one thing that doesnít abide by majority rule is a personís conscience.

I don't know what I think of all these people coming forward now to have their say. I partly understand it and partly think it's a bit of a sell out.

I just read about Helen's parents having her in the house the night before her funeral, I'm so glad that was possible. I wondered if her parents had been able to travel for the funeral but it seems that Helen went to them.

Oh believe me when I say that Jamie and Oliver will have witnessed lots of tantrums from their Dad over the years. Sadly they will have seen this as "normal". Thankfully their Mum was around for much of their childhood so hopefully provided them with a more normal approach.

What we've heard from the media is just the tip of the ice berg.

Quote Originally Posted by BatFace View Post
    What kind of man kicks off over £3 for a curry night? Who did he think was paying for it- Nick and Joe?

The same man that splurges (his perception), on a Chinese after just killing his partner?

Quote Originally Posted by ZaZara View Post
    I've been catching up and handing out random thanks - but these apply to all of you here xxxx

The life coach / bereavement coach still makes me see red. How is it possible that she utterly lacks self awareness? Not one grain of those famous lessons learned or future warnings ... nothing.

If you do not have a clue, please stay out of the coaching business. Don't mess with people's lives. Simply admit that you were a friend of Helen's and not among the brightest of the pack.

This is what I wrote about it in thread #6. Shoulde anyone be in need of a life coach, or a marriage counsellor, I recommend mr Stuart Trimmer.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13135495

Counsellor Shelley Whitehead appears blissfully unaware of all the red flags and Helen Bailey paid the highest price.

I agree about the uses of a period of mourning Some may smile at the Victorian convention of widows wearing mourning clothes for two years, but two years of grieving seems a reasonable time for a long and close relationship-not that you are the same, or that you are not sad, but perhaps not in that raw vulnerability-Helen herself mocked the "stages of grief".

I have written earlier about how my husband's best friend was propositioned by the woman running the trade union bereavement group he was attending-they got together within 2 or 3 months of the death of his wife-he had been married for 40 years and has two sons, both of whom have been alienated as plans are made for selling off the family home. She seems to have "debts" through her violent ex partner-which may be true, but shouldn't be something he is dealing with. Think my husband thought I was being a bit of a killjoy when I first heard and was doubtful, whilst he admitted it was a "bit soon".

There is that feeling of euphoria at the verdict and then comes the let down. I guess it is because for a while do not have to face the reality that Helen and Boris are truly gone and will not be coming back. I cannot begin to imagine what family and friends must feel for I have only known them silently for such a short while.

The depressive let down also is extended to those I have come to know via cyber space and we soon must part ways. Sometimes we meet again on other paths on this website. Or not for there are those who declare they are not following another case. It is sad in so many ways.

I mostly read but still feel a part of something bigger than I. Thank you so much to all of you for your wonderful participation in whatever format you choose to give me that extra insight.

Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast