1730 users online (287 members and 1443 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Good morning finally read through it all from yesterday. I have to comment on the post above on traditional grieving time. In sweden it is wearing black for a year, in the old days. My dog died last january and I have been thinking about this while my whole soul was hurting. I was saying everyday oh Freddie last year we did this and you ate that and so on. I thought I was going crazy. January 24 came and I was a mess relived the whole day but came out of it much calmer and can not say one year ago anymore. I think some old traditions have some wisdom in them that we forgot all about.
    I truly believe that compassion provides the basis of human survival. Dalai Lama

Angry

Today is the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

an update from the DMail. IDK if this journalist was actually in court but she's made a better stab at it than the Times journalist IMO
    Right up to the moment he was led away to the cells, Ian Stewart refused to give up the monstrous lies he has peddled about Helen Bailey’s murder.
    For seven weeks, the jury at St Albans Crown Court has been forced to listen to the wicked yarn he concocted to cover his tracks, a preposterous tale of a mysterious kidnapping which no one in their right mind would have believed.
    But even during those final minutes in courtroom number one, Stewart refused to drop his act, throwing a beseeching look towards one of his sons in the public gallery as if, despite everything, he might still believe in him.
    While 24-year-old Jamie Stewart refused to meet his father’s eyes, that self-pitying look spoke volumes about Stewart, 56, who has put on a well-rehearsed performance in and out of court in the desperate hope he could get away with murder......

In court, Stewart continued to tell so many lies that even he began to struggle to recall what he had said to whom.
    At times, his lawyer had to remind him........ As the trial wore on, jurors were seen shaking their heads in utter disbelief as Stewart’s stories became more farcical.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ZUrvMSKZ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Morning all.

Nothing worse than a tight man. I avoid them like the plague. Horrible selfish creatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few more, the rest of the article is repeats which we've already read elsewhere.

At first Stewart managed to convince police officers that Helen had genuinely disappeared.
    But with hindsight, newly released video footage of his early informal conversations with Hertfordshire Police officers show how bizarre his behaviour was in the days following her disappearance.

Clearly believing that a relaxed appearance would suggest his innocence, Stewart overdid it, appearing bored and nonchalant.
    Detective Chief Inspector Jerome Kent said: ‘I think he is somebody who is very cold, wicked, manipulative, but a bit of a narcissist, his only concern (during interviews) was when he was hungry or tired.’
    His awkward behaviour – what can clearly be seen as ‘ham’ acting on video footage of his later arrest and interviews – aroused police suspicions.
    It was always an unlikely pairing. Wealthy Helen, who had been a highly successful businesswoman before she turned her hand to writing teen fiction novels, was a sophisticated, elegant woman who dressed immaculately. Stewart, who had been a widower for less than a year when he first contacted Helen, hadn’t worked for years and was rarely seen out of his jeans.

Stewart himself summed it up perfectly in the middle of his trial when, while discussing a holiday he had planned with Helen, he said: ‘I was happy with EasyJet or Ryanair but Helen wanted first class.’

She assumed that Stewart felt the same way but, in fact, the financial disparity in their relationship was causing huge tensions between the pair and, on Stewart’s part, deep-seated resentment.
    Thanks to the success of her book, which was serialised in this newspaper and on BBC Radio 4, her already lucrative career was again in the ascendant.
    Stewart, dressed as ever in his favourite jeans, dutifully posed alongside her for publicity shots in the garden at their new home.
    But his own life, by comparison, had stagnated.

But by the time Stewart met Helen Bailey he hadn’t worked for years, blaming his unemployment on the rare auto-immune condition - myasthenia gravis - from which he suffered since the mid-1990s and which caused weakness of his facial and throat muscles.

Police sources who spoke to the Mail this week said that they believe Stewart over-egged his illness, using it as an excuse not to work.
    Earning around 2,000 a month tax-free from an insurance pay-out from his last job as a computer software expert, he had no need to work – instead he played snooker or bowls or he kept himself busy at home designing websites for friends or fiddling around with DIY jobs.

Had they married - and divorced - he would only, at best, have received half of it.

( UL: no idea where journalist has got the "financial tensions" from , she's prob just inferring it from the engagement ring testimony. )

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ZUtKBeBL
    Last edited by cottonweaver; 02-23-2017 at 05:17 AM.

Thank you Cottonweaver, Did you spot ... From the same Daily Mail article ...

'In many ways, yesterday's guilty verdict marked the final chapter of ...'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ZUuFLqzu

It made me chuckle and wonder if the reporter was taking the mick a little but I don't think i'll ever be able to hear or read those words without being reminded of that waste of skin.

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiddle View Post
    Thank you Cottonweaver, Did you spot ... From the same Daily Mail article ...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ZUuFLqzu

It made me chuckle and wonder if the reporter was taking the mick a little but I don't think i'll ever be able to hear or read those words without being reminded of that waste of skin.
    I didn't but thanks for the giggle, we certainly need it as we'll be back to tears soon enough.

ETA: With the benefit of hindsight - or rather the date 25 Oct 2011 - it's clear that he posted "Letting go" prose, screen shotted at the link, purely for HB's benefit ( 8 months after John's death and coinciding with HB & IS's developing reln.) A little push from IS to move Helen along....
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...TY-murder.html
    Last edited by cottonweaver; 02-23-2017 at 05:27 AM.

RSBM from Dolly's earlier post

And all the time he was secretly harbouring her body and Boris' too.

that line reminded me of something SRF said during his closing. About how IS could not possibly have put Helen and Boris into the cess pit, as how could he then live with the knowledge of them , rotting away, just yards from where people might be sitting by the pool etc ( am paraphrasing here as cant remember the exact words )

I think IS would have had no problems whatsoever with this, in fact would have taken a certain amount of pleasure knowing where they were as opposed to where he was - sitting by the pool, relaxing with a drink.

Morning all.........I loved how fast the videos came out yesterday after the verdict was announced.........he's no Oscar winner is he?
    ~ shine on you crAzy diamond ~ Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

Quote Originally Posted by Alyce View Post
    RSBM from Dolly's earlier post

And all the time he was secretly harbouring her body and Boris' too.

that line reminded me of something SRF said during his closing. About how IS could not possibly have put Helen and Boris into the cess pit, as how could he then live with the knowledge of them , rotting away, just yards from where people might be sitting by the pool etc ( am paraphrasing here as cant remember the exact words )

I think IS would have had no problems whatsoever with this, in fact would have taken a certain amount of pleasure knowing where they were as opposed to where he was - sitting by the pool, relaxing with a drink.
    Thought of that last night. Did he not keep Dianes ashes? Trophy comes to mind. MOO
    I truly believe that compassion provides the basis of human survival. Dalai Lama

Just thought I would paste up Tara's tweet, posted by her about one hour ago
    The Court Serve timing says 11am for the sentencing, but best to keep a watch from now, just in case it's earlier

Tara Cox‏@TaraCoxCN 1h1 hour ago

Ian Stewart, yesterday found guilty of murdering his bride-to-be Helen Bailey, will be sentenced this morning:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Morning all.........I loved how fast the videos came out yesterday after the verdict was announced.........he's no Oscar winner is he?
    Indeed! I'm surprised that so many news outlets went with him apparently showing the astonishment of being caught out. I think he's quite clearly doing his best impression of what he thinks an innocent man would say if arrested for murder (and makes a terrible job of it!).

Do we know why the garage doors were actually open?!

Quote Originally Posted by Squamous View Post
    Indeed! I'm surprised that so many news outlets went with him apparently showing the astonishment of being caught out. I think he's quite clearly doing his best impression of what he thinks an innocent man would say if arrested for murder (and makes a terrible job of it!).

I'm guessing the police opened it as they may have had a property search warrant along with an arrest warrant......haha.....freaked him out ! " have you found Helen?"
    ~ shine on you crAzy diamond ~ Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

Worth watching - embedded in that Daily Mail article is an interview with the CPS chief prosecutor. It's in two parts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ZUrvMSKZ

Quote Originally Posted by Squamous View Post

BIB left them open intentionally, overnight would be my guess. No-one had yet changed out of their nightwear, IIRC was 7am on the body cam footage. Policeman said " nothing to do with us" when he was asked who had opened them, twice.

Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast