GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Helen Bailey murder: Fiance Ian Stewart found guilty

Ian Stewart, 56, had denied murdering Helen Bailey at their home in Royston, Hertfordshire, in order to get his hands on her near-£4m fortune.

He was convicted at St Albans Crown Court following a seven-week trial.

Police say they will look again at the death of Stewart's wife Diane in 2010 following the verdict.

attachment.php

UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Please continue discussing here.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/29323...-into-jealous-rage-by-her-miniature-dachsund/

bit more
Childhood friend Richard Cropley, 51, said Stewart had been left scarred physically and psychologically after plunging through a plate glass window in his teens.

He said the murderer also spent months off work after a serious head injury at work in his twenties.

He added: “It caused a number of quite serious medical problems.”
Stewart had claimed almost £1,900 a month for 20 years from an insurance policy he activated when unable to work from 1996........

Cops believe Helen was killed because Stewart wanted her money but could not face living with a woman he did not love.

Det Chief Insp Jerome Kent said: “He could have had the money just by marrying her, but then he would have to be in love with her. In his eyes she had to die.”
The cop added: “This was clearly a planned attack. It may be that it started as early as when they began changing the wills.

At the very least it must have planted the seed.”.....
A throwaway remark from a neighbour’s daughter, visiting home from Australia, led officers to contact Mr Shannon. Cops had been confused when she asked if they had looked in “the well”. Mr Shannon said: “The police phoned me and I explained over the phone where it was, just inside the door of the garage.

They thought the cesspit had been pumped out — because that’s what Ian told them.

“If they’d asked any of us, we could have told them about it. The case could have been sorted three months earlier.”.......

DCI Kent added: “Ian Stewart is a cold and wicked individual, a bit narcissistic and self-centred. People who report their nearest and dearest missing are quite de*manding and want to know our progress.

“Often they are on the phone giving us new leads to explore, but he never did. He wasn’t keen to interact with us at all.”......

Mr Shannon, who explained the location of the pit, said: “Common sense would have been to call me. It’s a big house with an acre of garden and a huge garage.
“There are lots of nooks and crannies, but we know every inch of it.”

Night night all. Ending tonight praying for Helen's family, Oliver and Jamie, the Sinfields and the Lems.
Here's to 30 + years tomorrow.

Welcome fweb. No post is redundant on here; most people are lovely/bonkers. This trial has brought a lot of lurkers to the fore (myself included) and it's a wonderful testament to Helen's character that so many people feel so strongly about this case.

I think we should mark April 11 in our diaries and release two balloons each - one for Helen and one for Boris (as she did for JS). Or a dashchund balloon...

4d842a22af34232e2a88bc7cfac6446c.jpg

I think that's a beautiful idea Jenspired - I know I will be thinking of Helen and Boris on April 11.

"Of all sad words of tongue or pen; the saddest are these: It might have been".

... Harold Shipman sitting with his back to a detective rather than face him and listen to statements and questions. Ian Stewart appears to be showing a similar attitude.

I too was reminded of Shipman: another chap who seemed to think he was cleverer than anyone around him, while demonstrating beyond doubt that he was decidedly dirt-dumb.

Helen and Boris, your light fills the room. Your voice on News, photos of you and Boris. Boris and you together whilst he leaps for a titbit from your fingers.
Your light fills the room in your generosity towards your new partner and his Sons. Moving to Royston was such a huge shift of plan, but your heart took you there.
You allowed a whole arena within Hartwell Lodge - bless you in your light, when it was so much that you weren't used to but you accommodated.
You gave light to a weak man in giving him a status from nada to glory.
You light my heart in your words but I shall return to a darkened place tonight, reflecting on the deception you endured whilst choosing rings, a silent murderer standing beside you.
But Helen - you glitter in gold with your words and indeed your choice of future rings with a man you loved. I want to respect that love you felt. It is YOUR choice darling to make a happy future for you and others.
I am so sorry you did not really take some time away to separate love from any instinct. I can't believe, Helen you did not have doubts xx You are much too clever in emotional intelligence - or did you choose to ignore your deep instincts because you had found a degree of happiness that seemed impossible ever to hope for again xx Sleep tight Helen and Boris .. no need to answer such questions.

No, she wasn't a witness. I'm bothered mostly by her having a televised interview about the private thoughts one of her clients who is now deceased - does she not claim to offer any confidentiality or discretion?? And on top of that, she is saying that Helen would have noticed if anything was amiss, and that IS was considerate and loved dogs. She's speaking about a man who murdered his partner (ultimate act of inconsiderate behaviour) and killed his family dog! Clearly Helen didn't notice something was amiss unless there's some alternate version of events that she is referring to!

I've been catching up and handing out random thanks - but these apply to all of you here xxxx

The life coach / bereavement coach still makes me see red. How is it possible that she utterly lacks self awareness? Not one grain of those famous lessons learned or future warnings ... nothing.

If you do not have a clue, please stay out of the coaching business. Don't mess with people's lives. Simply admit that you were a friend of Helen's and not among the brightest of the pack.

This is what I wrote about it in thread #6. Shoulde anyone be in need of a life coach, or a marriage counsellor, I recommend mr Stuart Trimmer.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...yston-11-April-2016-6&p=13135495#post13135495

A similar thing happened to a friend of mine, though I always had my doubts and suspected that she used her therapist as an excuse. She was in the middle of a toxic divorce when her therapist - allegedly - encouraged her to contact the man who had been a lot of trouble in her marriage years before.
She still thought the world of him - and got into bigger problems with him than with the entire divorce.
It took her another therapist to tell her some home truths about her dream-turned-nightmare man.

IMHO the rule of thumb is not to start a new relationship too soon. That is the basic red flag and no therapist should ignore it. Meet people if you feel like it, but keep all things relationship out of it.

Nowadays hardly anyone goes into official mourning anymore, but such period, (including staying away from the internet) has certain merits.

Telling a vulnerable person who has just lost her husband that she stands to lose another man is bad counselling IMHO.
If IS had been The One, he would have allowed her time.

Prosecutor Trimmer has a better eye for red flags:

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news...l-ian-12578906

Trimmer: “You knew there was all sorts of advice given on those websites about how widowers meet people.”

Stewart: “Yes, anyone could go and have a look.”

Trimmer: “How would people take advantage in this situation?”

Stewart: “Widowers are very vulnerable at that time in their lives. They could be confused”

Trimmer: “Widowers with a lot of money, might they be a target?”

Stewart: “Yes. It is suggested people are to be careful and just get to know people.”

Trimmer: “When was it from your first conversation with Helen Bailey and when you were intimate with her?

Stewart: “A month or so.”

Trimmer: “Were you surprised it was so quick?”

Stewart: “No”.

Trimmer: “It wasn’t long before financial conversations were contemplated, moving house and so on.”

Stewart: “Yes”

Trimmer: “You tell us you never fell out with her at all, ever, and you always thought this would end in a wedding.”

Stewart: “Not when we first met.”

Trimmer: “You tell us it all went very well.”

Stewart: “Extremely well.”

BBM & Red

Again, IMHO, a counsellor should be aware of this too ~ but we do not know what was said, only what HB told.

Counsellor Shelley Whitehead appears blissfully unaware of all the red flags and Helen Bailey paid the highest price.

:stormingmad:

thanks Tiny for the Times on previous thread;
Stewart was remembered for bizarre incidents involving money.

Bill Manley, chairman of the local bowls club, recalled: “He was very, very money orientated. In our bowls club he was treasurer and I remember two events. One was when our irrigation tank needed replacing and everyone was asked to chip in a tenner. He was the only one who refused and said he paid membership and shouldn’t have to pay anymore.

“The other event was when we had a club final and at the end there was a nice tea which people had to pay £3 for. He went ballistic.
I had to grab him and take him to one side to tell him to shut up and stop embarrassing the club or go home.”

so now we have temper issues ( from Michael Shannon in the Sun ) and a total neurosis about £.

Anybody surprised?

Also, in his conning phase 2011- 2013 he must have paid for some of the dating expenses. With a view to recouping his investment later?
I cannot imagine HB putting up with this hysterical reaction to spending small sums so he must have hid that too.

yes the Times virtually copied his testimony from Day 1 on the stand so some of his Bio is presented as fact.

3df16e079567265314d843f79f54e2b1.jpg

Excuse my eccentric way of quoting from a post from the previous thread, it was all I could manage, being about as much of a "computer expert" as IS...but I want to add my hearty agreement to this. Testing people's boundaries in a 'jokey' way is a real red flag in new relationships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he was going crazy over being expected to fork out £3, he must have been quietly apoplectic and seething about the cost of the engagement ring. The creature has no redeeming features at all. Ugly, liar, tight, greedy, conniving, manipulative, repulsive murdering piece of *****e.

If he was going crazy over being expected to fork out £3, he must have been quietly apoplectic and seething about the cost of the engagement ring. The creature has no redeeming features at all. Ugly, liar, tight, greedy, conniving, manipulative, repulsive murdering piece of *****e.

Yes- one of the news reports (I can't remember which, we've been so flooded with them today) talked about him murdering Helen because he didn't want to get married and pointlessly lose that expenditure. I have no doubt that was the case, coming from a man who wouldn't cancel a holiday in the most dire of circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Earlier today I was high fiving anybody insight on the news of the overall GUILTY verdict, but now I am screaming with Helen's Dad!

Yes, you can just imagine him standing hunched and unsmiling at Helen's side, totally out of his depth in that posh Piccadilly jewellery shop, silently seething as she excitedly looked at £20k rings he had no intention of buying for her. The utter snake!

I read today that in his evidence he had talked about Helen booking a holiday for the two of them, and he said he was happy to fly with a budget airline but Helen wanted to fly First Class. So what on earth did the tight arse plan to do with all Helen's money?!! He obviously didn't plan on spending it did he? I suppose he hoped this statement would make him look unmaterialistic to the jury, but it just screams MEAN!

It's yet another contradiction in this strange man. He wanted a millionaire's lifestyle but he didn't have the class to know how to live it. I reckon he'd have sat tight in that big house awaiting the eventual declaration of Helen's death. Then he'd have spent the rest of his days sitting on her money in the bank, while going on budget holidays, collecting Tesco Clubcard points, going to bowls, snooker and football (yawn) and slipping out the back door if he was ever expected to buy a round of drinks.

But in the early days of his 'courtship' with Helen you can bet he'll have picked up every restaurant bill to impress her - a worthwhile investment to disguise his true motives.

The police bodycam footage that revealed that framed print of Boris in the hallway made my blood run cold. It was so typically Helen, wasn't it - it looked like artwork from her 'Bikini' book. It occurs to me he would have happily continued to talk about Helen, boast about her success as an author and keep her belongings in the house to garner sympathy and keep up the pretence he loved and missed her. And all the time he was secretly harbouring her body and Boris' too. Thank God the police finally located that second cesspit, or he could be doing exactly that right now! It's so scary to think he possibly got away with killing Diane and could have done the same with Helen. And all the time people thinking what a nice, quiet, inoffensive man he is!

Ooh I can't wait to hear what the judge has to say! I sincerely hope his speech features the words 'thirty years', that's the least he deserves.

Earlier today I was high fiving anybody insight on the news of the overall GUILTY verdict, but now I am screaming with Helen's Dad!

I know exactly what you mean! Its an emotional rollercoaster for us, so what her family are experiencing is unimaginable. I'm hoping a really lengthy prison sentence will bring them some measure of closure, but as always in these cases, it is the victim and their loved ones who get the life sentence.

Marking my spot so that I can sneakily read at work. I have adored the pets parade.
Dolly, I totally agree with your post above. This sorry excuse for a man has no class whatsoever.

RIP Helen and Boris :rose:, justice has been done and I anticipate Judge Bright's sentencing comments.

Have a great day you wonderful bunch of sleuthers

I am very happy he was convicted. I don't mean to be a wet blanket but maybe planting a flower for Helen and Boris. (People don't realize those pretty balloons seem to end up over the sea and hurt the animals more than you can imagine.) Sorry to be Debbie Downer! Just a suggestion not a criticism .( signed,Sheila: a lurker who lives on an island, who's parents met over homocides ( reporter and detective)...and I survived an attempted homocide. (Spouse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital