723 users online (77 members and 646 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Small caliber pistols aren't all that loud and in a rural area, people wouldn't even look up from their lunch at hearing 2 shots from, say, a 9mm. All JMO.
    I was wondering that, too, thank you! The only shots I've ever heard have been loud (to my ears.) I guess I was thinking if it was quiet in the area out in the country with no traffic noises that other hikers or neighbors might potentially hear the shots. I didn't get a hit man silencer vibe but less noisy guns didn't cross my mind. (Not a gun person. Always felt I wake up a little too grumpy to own firearms.)

Quote Originally Posted by jdj125 View Post
    Link?
    Yea no LOL. Grandpa said something like "pinging around town". This was not at all factual and I suspect it was from find my iPhone- where the term "pinging" is completely inaccurate. (My opinion since nobody in LE has ever mentioned any phone pings)

As you know there is no link about her phone...no matter how many times we ask LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Yupikgirl (Michelle)

Quote Originally Posted by JB225 View Post
    Exactly. I live in a suburb of a big city. There are some woods near me and horse farms.... I hear gunshots in the evening sometimes and think nothing of it. People just doing whatever on their property....
    Sure, but I bet if you found out on the day of or the day after hearing the shots, you would be able to remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimeDawg123 View Post
    I agree with you. And to me it seems he would have to be a local to be at this particular location. They've probably gotten a ton of tips but they need more evidence. That said, there has got to be a ton of his DNA at the scene, right? Head scratch.
    I would think that rather than spook someone, LE would continue to look for information on the perp while they wait on forensic evidence to be processed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZhaZhaHa View Post
    SIGH. So we're to the point where there are WAY too many threads for newcomers to read and now rumors and misinformation begin. I think I need to bow out of this one like I did with Danielle Stislicki and just keep checking MSM for updates. Will somebody remember to PM me if something breaks?! Pretty please?

Also, I am REALLY struggling with whether or not I should call a person in on the tip. He'd be a person in Colorado but after I heard the voice and studied the pic, it could be the person I know. Sounds like a no-brainer I know, but I am not sure if my opinion of this person is making me go there or if it is a valid feeling. I think I might email LE with his name and just let it be done.
    Yes please email them. They did say, even when you think it's nothing ... (or words to that effect).

And I totally understand how you are feeling about how these threads are developing currently. It's usually the moment when I step back too.

Quote Originally Posted by lucilleie View Post
    Where has LE EVER stated that they have recovered Libby's cell phone? They have repeatedly NOT said that, and have said only that they are using cell phone "records". Her information was retrieved through technology not the actual phone.
    Delurking to post that the only place I have seen them say the video came from the actual phone is here:

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

"Additionally, investigators have released a voice recording, extracted from a video found on Liberty "Libby" German's cell phone, that may be connected to the homicides."

That's the only place I've seen it worded that way.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    I had to take a short break. Is there anything in this thread that I need to go back and look at?

re: the "dad jeans" thing: around my part of suburban Boston, the younger guys don't wear jeans much at all, and if they do, they're slim-legged.
    Not really, IMO you could review the first thread and consider yourself caught up.

Skinny Jeans maybe? They don't wear the really baggy ones that fall down? You should come a little more north, haha.

I am over 60. If I wore anything other than Wrangler "relaxed fit" my daughters would disown me. Yeah I am Bostonian but often look like BG.

MOO
    All new members and guests;

To Websleuths!

A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

Also - WS Lingo

This thread is now closed.

Please continue discussion at Thread #9.

Quote Originally Posted by lucilleie View Post
    Where has LE EVER stated that they have recovered Libby's cell phone? They have repeatedly NOT said that, and have said only that they are using cell phone "records". Her information was retrieved through technology not the actual phone.
    I don't believe we can say that with any certainly. The fact is we just don't know in mho.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87