937 users online (166 members and 771 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OR - Lynette Propst, 60, Lincoln City, 19 Feb 2017

Police searching for Lincoln City woman missing since Sunday

Deputies from the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office found Lynette Kay Propst's 2002 Nissan Pathfinder parked and unoccupied in Rocky Creek State Park.
    A note in the window said the Nissan had broken down and she would return for it soon.
    http://www.kptv.com/story/34579836/p...g-since-sunday
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

PROPST is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, 113 pounds, brown hair and brown eyes.

http://www.thenewsguard.com/news/wom...04f2b375b.html

She has been entered on NAMUS:

Quoted from circumstances at https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/39160

Lynette Propst was last seen in Lincoln City, Oregon by her adult son on February 19, 2017. She had been living with her son temporarily while planning to move to Arizona. She was recently widowed and reported to be depressed. Her car was discovered abandoned at Rocky Creek State Park on February 21, 2017 with a handwritten note to call her adult son.

I was browsing the Lost and Found website a couple days ago and came across this Doe from Arizona discovered in July. Does anyone else see the resemblance?

Artboard 1.jpg
    Last edited by kelso319; 09-22-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Added side by side photos

Quote Originally Posted by kelso319 View Post
    I was browsing the Lost and Found website a couple days ago and came across this Doe from Arizona discovered in July. Does anyone else see the resemblance?

Definitely! The nose is pretty spot on especially, and the lips, that kind of cupid's bow shape, are very close as well. I think the eyes on JD are smaller and the eyebrows are different. JD's seem to have more of an arch than LP's. JD looks younger to me with a fuller face?

Weight and height are pretty close, but how the heck did she get from her car breaking down in OR to AZ. I see she was planning to move there, but why leave her car behind?

One other thing I noticed was that JD has some tattoos, while LP doesn't have any described on her NAMUS page.

The left upper aspect of the chest has a multichromatic tattoo that depicts a rose, the name “Stuart”, and what looks to be an illegible 3 letter word. The right lower leg has a monochromatic tattoo that depicts the words “Laura N Layla”.

Maybe she got them after her disappearance in OR? Do any of those names have significance for her?

Wouldn't hurt to submit, just to double check, both appear to have DNA in the system, though it says tests not completed, not sure what that means. You should definitely submit though!

Quote Originally Posted by iliketotalk15 View Post
    Definitely! The nose is pretty spot on especially, and the lips, that kind of cupid's bow shape, are very close as well. I think the eyes on JD are smaller and the eyebrows are different. JD's seem to have more of an arch than LP's. JD looks younger to me with a fuller face?

Weight and height are pretty close, but how the heck did she get from her car breaking down in OR to AZ. I see she was planning to move there, but why leave her car behind?
    I thought the car broke down? I know the note she left said it had, but I haven't seen any confirmation or denial of that by authorities. Also, the Namus profile mentions her being recently widowed and feeling depressed, and that the note said to call her adult son - but I haven't seen this in any media reports thus far. I suppose she could have bussed it or maybe she met up with someone she knew to travel to Arizona - I hate to speculate, because honestly, who knows.

One other thing I noticed was that JD has some tattoos, while LP doesn't have any described on her NAMUS page. Maybe she got them after her disappearance in OR? Do any of those names have significance for her?
    I had initially speculated that the tattoos just weren't given in the description provided for the missing person's report. The tattoos look like they've been there for a while (to me at least), and they probably aren't located in super noticeable places (and likely would have been covered up in February in Oregon). I tried to do some searches on Ancestry for Lynette since I had posted this morning to see if I could find a link to any Stuart, Laura, or Layla but they were fruitless

I will go ahead and submit it. Worth a shot, anyway!