OR OR - Lynette Propst, 60, Lincoln City, 19 Feb 2017

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Police searching for Lincoln City woman missing since Sunday
13198660_G.jpg

Deputies from the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office found Lynette Kay Propst's 2002 Nissan Pathfinder parked and unoccupied in Rocky Creek State Park.
A note in the window said the Nissan had broken down and she would return for it soon.

http://www.kptv.com/story/34579836/police-searching-for-lincoln-city-woman-missing-since-sunday

She has been entered on NAMUS:

Quoted from circumstances at https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/39160

Lynette Propst was last seen in Lincoln City, Oregon by her adult son on February 19, 2017. She had been living with her son temporarily while planning to move to Arizona. She was recently widowed and reported to be depressed. Her car was discovered abandoned at Rocky Creek State Park on February 21, 2017 with a handwritten note to call her adult son.

I was browsing the Lost and Found website a couple days ago and came across this Doe from Arizona discovered in July. Does anyone else see the resemblance?

Artboard 1.jpg

I was browsing the Lost and Found website a couple days ago and came across this Doe from Arizona discovered in July. Does anyone else see the resemblance?

attachment.php

Definitely! The nose is pretty spot on especially, and the lips, that kind of cupid's bow shape, are very close as well. I think the eyes on JD are smaller and the eyebrows are different. JD's seem to have more of an arch than LP's. JD looks younger to me with a fuller face?

Weight and height are pretty close, but how the heck did she get from her car breaking down in OR to AZ. I see she was planning to move there, but why leave her car behind?

One other thing I noticed was that JD has some tattoos, while LP doesn't have any described on her NAMUS page.

The left upper aspect of the chest has a multichromatic tattoo that depicts a rose, the name “Stuart”, and what looks to be an illegible 3 letter word. The right lower leg has a monochromatic tattoo that depicts the words “Laura N Layla”.

Maybe she got them after her disappearance in OR? Do any of those names have significance for her?

Wouldn't hurt to submit, just to double check, both appear to have DNA in the system, though it says tests not completed, not sure what that means. You should definitely submit though!

Definitely! The nose is pretty spot on especially, and the lips, that kind of cupid's bow shape, are very close as well. I think the eyes on JD are smaller and the eyebrows are different. JD's seem to have more of an arch than LP's. JD looks younger to me with a fuller face?

Weight and height are pretty close, but how the heck did she get from her car breaking down in OR to AZ. I see she was planning to move there, but why leave her car behind?

I thought the car broke down? I know the note she left said it had, but I haven't seen any confirmation or denial of that by authorities. Also, the Namus profile mentions her being recently widowed and feeling depressed, and that the note said to call her adult son - but I haven't seen this in any media reports thus far. I suppose she could have bussed it or maybe she met up with someone she knew to travel to Arizona - I hate to speculate, because honestly, who knows.

One other thing I noticed was that JD has some tattoos, while LP doesn't have any described on her NAMUS page. Maybe she got them after her disappearance in OR? Do any of those names have significance for her?

I had initially speculated that the tattoos just weren't given in the description provided for the missing person's report. The tattoos look like they've been there for a while (to me at least), and they probably aren't located in super noticeable places (and likely would have been covered up in February in Oregon). I tried to do some searches on Ancestry for Lynette since I had posted this morning to see if I could find a link to any Stuart, Laura, or Layla but they were fruitless

I will go ahead and submit it. Worth a shot, anyway!

WAS her vehicle really broken down?
Did they have to tow it? What was wrong with it?

Arizona Jane Doe discussed above had no teeth. I can't find anything about Lynette's teeth, But don't they usually list dentures somewhere on the missing persons profiles?
If Lynette had her real teeth, it doesn't seen likely that she lost them all within 5 months of her disappearance. Not impossible, but IMO, not likely.

Any update on Lynette? Dead or alive? Would love to find out. She was married to my brother. She buried him without even letting my family know he had passed! Something is fishy, don’t you think? No wonder she was depressed!!! Please update me on her status, if you happen to know! Thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back