967 users online (115 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

KS - Police shoot & kill suspect in overnight triple homicide, Newton, 23 Feb 2017

3 Men found dead, 3 women were inside the home, it seems unharmed.

Police shoot & kill suspect in overnight triple homicide

Three people are dead and one person is critically injured following a shooting in Newton.
    UPDATE - (4:55 a.m.)
    Newton Police and Harvey County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call of a shooting at around 12:30 a.m. in the 2100 block of N. Spencer.

There, police say, they found three people who had been killed.

Eyewitnesses led police to the suspect in the homicide, who confronted officers with a shotgun.

That man was then shot by a Newton Police officer. That man was taken to the hospital where he later died.
    UPDATE (7:10 a.m.):
    "They ran into the suspect outside of the house," Sheriff Gay said during a media briefing. "And when that happened, the suspect brandished a weapon and one of the officers shot him."
    http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Thr...414580903.html
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Newton shooting spree ends with four deaths, including suspect

Harvey County Sheriff Chad Gay said there were six people in the house, but officers are still determining who lives there. Due to a criminal history associated with the suspect, whose name has not been released, Gay believes drugs were involved. But he calls such talk speculation at this time.
    This marks the latest of several large-scale killings in Harvey County. Three dead bodies were found in a driveway west of Hesston last October. And Saturday will mark the first anniversary of the Excel Industries violence in Hesston, which ended with four people dead and 14 injured.
    http://www.kake.com/story/34581877/n...luding-suspect

One person has not been located that LE wants to question.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

UPDATE (10:45 a.m.) The Harvey County Sheriff's Office says it will hold a 3 p.m. press conference to provide updates on the investigation in the triple homicide. We will stream the press conference live in this story. It will also be streamed on the HARVEY COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.
    - Audrey Hepburn

hmmm, press conference about this? interesting... considering the locale and all...
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
    Margaret Mead

Suspect, victims identified in Newton triple murder

The suspect, who was fatally shot by a Newton PD officer, is identified as David Montano, 33, of Newton.
    The three victims in the case are identified as Michael Lemons, 34, of Newton, Nelton Dean Lemons, 36, of Newton and Jason Stubby, 36, of Newton.
    - Audrey Hepburn